Luis V Gorospe, MD
Surgeon, General Practitioner
Video profile
705 W Queens St
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Great great great doctor  |  show details
by Gloria Henderson on Feb 20th, 2014

Dr. Gorospe is the best surgeon by far than any other surgeon I have ever seen. He follows through with you after the surgery. Gives you every opportunity to succeed with your weight loss. His life is helping people. Even his wife helps in the office. He is down to earth but yet very very experienced. I'm 6 years out and he is still my hero

by Jones on Dec 31st, 2013

I had my surgery about 5 years ago, Dr Gorospe performed my initial surgery. I was happy with the results for a little while, then I started having complications. Dr Gorospe was unable to figure out the cause of the problems. Thankfully I found Dr K and they were able to correct the mistakes that Dr Gorospe had made and now I am healthy and happy. Dr Gorospe is knowledgeable in many areas, but I don't think I would return to him for surgery.

|  patient  |  show details
by Rhonda Rehbein on Oct 18th, 2013

I am more than pleased with Dr G and highly recommend him to anyone waning weight loss surgery! The office staff is GREAT and are very knowledgeable and helpful. Dr G have given my life back!! He is a very sweet and caring doctor! Go to a seminar and meet him for yourself, you'll be glad you did!!

Oct 8th, 2013

I decided five years ago that I wanted to have gastric bypass surgery. Since that time, I have jumped through all of the insurance hoops several times, each time I would get close to having my surgery performed Dr Gorospe would change hospitals. In doing so I would have to wait to make sure my insurance would be accepted at the new hospital. Finally after the third time I decided that eventhough I would lose my $200.00 intake fee to choose a different doctor. I would like to have used Dr Gorospe as my surgeon but was unable to. During this whole process his office staff was less than friendly and helped me in deciding on a different dr. I am sure Dr Gorospe is an excellent surgeon, but changing hospitals that often concerned me.

by Gail R on Oct 8th, 2013

I could never say enough good about Dr. Gorospe.. He has been with me through thick and thin.. Literally!!!!!! I have entrusted him with my family members as well as myself. My gastric bypass was 10 years ago and my life is changed forever. I love life and all it has to offer. Dr G has been there every step of the way, he has made sure I kept my weight off by offering monthly meetings and individual visits he is the most happy when he sees one of his patients succeed in weight loss and personal goals of any type. I did alot of research back when I had my surgery and chose him because of his credentials and his past and current history.. I chose the best as far as I am concerred. I still go back annually for a check up with him and it certainaly keeps me in line. If you are looking for a surgeon who has experience, cares and wants you to be successful Dr. G is your man.

|  A wonderful experience  |  show details
by Rachel B. on Oct 3rd, 2013

Dr. Gorospe and his staff especially Vicki were amazing through the entire process that I went through. It was a process that took everything into consideration to make sure that every aspect of my health was address before the surgery. Vicki dealt with my insurance and appointments and made sure I knew where and when to be. Dr. Gorospe was always very open and answered every question I had. After surgery he was available for any and all questions I had. On my second post op appointment he was just as happy as I was with my progress, he celebrated with me, his smile as big as mine. Thank you for helping me change my life! I would recommend Dr. Gorospe to anyone who is serious about taking the steps to change their life for the better!

by Sharon on Sep 28th, 2013

Dr. Gorospe performed my sleeve surgery, while the initial surgery went ok, I have had a lot of complications since. When I have gone to appointments, he doesn't seem to know what is causing the problems and doesn't really address my concerns. I know several people who have had this same surgery and have not had the complications performed by other surgeons. I was pleased with the initial surgery, but the aftermath has me apprehensive. I am unsure at this time if I would recommend him to anyone else.

|  Could not find a better Dr.  |  show details
by Lacy on Sep 25th, 2013

Dr. Gorospe performed my Gastric Bypass 7/2011 and I could not be happier. I have lost over 160lbs. Gorospe's bedside manner, helpful mentality and clear and concise instructions leave nothing to the imagination, and you are given all the information you need to continue on the path of weight loss. Surgery is difficult, but Gorospe is the master of it, you are in the most capable hands possible. After 1 year has passed, a once a year post opp is really perfect so that you can sit with him, discuss your nutrition, vitamin numbers, and ask any questions that you need to. Dr. Gorospe is not only the best bariatric surgeon in the country, but he's also been my favorite overall Dr. to visit . His goal is your weight loss and happiness and you can see it on his face- your victories are what drives him. There is not another Dr. like Gorospe, and I wouldn't change a thing about my experience.

|  Best Dr ever  |  show details
by Twyla on Sep 24th, 2013

I want to say a BIG thank you to Dr Gorospe, if it wasn't for him I would not be here. I have trusted him with my life more than once as he has performed mNy surgeries on me. Not one time has he ever been compassionate about his patient and the work he does. He has always been there when needed and has always treated me as number one! He also has done surgery on my daughter and treated her with the best of care. The staff Melissa and Vicki have always answered and helped with anything I have needed in a quick manor and polite. I know insurance always takes their time but I know how hard these ladies work to get things done in a quick process. I would NEVER trust any other doctor anywhere as I do Dr Gorospe. He has made my life a better one so I can enjoy my family and life itself. I owe him so much. I know I have him on a high pedestal and that we all are never perfect but if you want things done correct then Dr Gorospe is the one. Thank you so much for everything Dr Gorospe! You are loved and appreciated,

|  Great Care  |  show details
by RD on Sep 20th, 2013

Very professional physician & staff, they take time to listen. I always feel like I'm in caring attentive hands. I know I'm not the only patient, but when its my turn the focus is on me. I've used Dr. Gorospe for many years and have total trust in his care.

by A on Sep 20th, 2013

I had gastric sleeve surgery in 2010. I am extremely happy with the 100 LB loss and outcome. I did over a year of research before the surgery and I felt confident in Dr G's knowledge, skills and experience. I have had zero issues or complications with my surgery. Dr G has performed thousands of these types of surgeries, so you are getting someone very experienced. Dr G is very approachable, kind and caring. He spends time with you to hear your concerns and approaches the resolution with you. Highly recommended. You would make a good decision (in my opinion) to go with this surgeon for bariatric surgery.

|  Excellent Surgeon Recommend Highly  |  show details
by JT on Sep 18th, 2013

I had Gastric Bypass performed by Dr Gorospe. His Preop regimen is thorough and my surgery went excellent. I have not had any problems. He has always been very caring as is all of his staff. I have also had 2 hernia and a gall bladder surgery performed by him. I would not have reservations in recommending Dr Gorospe to anyone. He has a bariatric support group that he attends every meeting and answers Amy and all questions from the group. Ask your surgeon if he has a support group and if he doesn't ask why not? Dr Gorospe is a top notch surgeon in my book.

|  Experience with Dr. G's after surgery care  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2013

I was a patient of Dr. Garospe's in 2008. I had the non-evasive Lap Band Surgery. Believe me it was EVASIVE. Immediately after surgery I began having complications and was admitted for 23 hour observation. Because Dr. G. had surgeries scheduled after mine he let the nurses take care of my needs. He finally came to see me 36 hours later and ordered a CT Scan, discovered a leak, was taken back to surgery and the band removed. I had 3 surgeries in 9 days. I was then transferred to Hillcrest Medical Center in Tulsa and another surgery was done. 3 weeks in ICU, ventilator for 10 days, feeding tube, 8 drainage tubes, and near death. He put me and my family thru h--l and back. I fell had he not been so busy doing assembly line surgery and attended to my needs and ordered a CT Scan earlier all of the poison would not have gone into my system causing me to become so ill. By the grace of God I am alive, but still have some complications.

Feb 19th, 2013

Dr Gorospe is a phenomenal surgeon. He takes the time to address your concerns pre and post op. I was reluctant having my surgery at Wagoner Hospital, but it turned out ok. The only downside I have found is with the staff at the office, none of them have had bariatric surgery so I have a hard time entrusting my health to them. The only one I have found to be truly helpful is Vicki, the others act like they don't have the knowledge or time to help. If you call the office and leave a message it takes a long time to get a call back if you get one at all. The one thing I would change is the availability of appointments, since Dr Gorospe has limited office days it makes it difficult to get in to see him. Overall I would recommend Dr Gorospe to friends and family.

by GR on Feb 10th, 2013

Dr Gorospe is a top of the line surgeon. He performs bariatric surgery well, if you have any complications he is quick to correct them. He really made me feel important as a patient and listened to my concerns. I am thankful to have had him as my surgeon. He has one nurse in his office that goes beyond my expectations, Vicki is awesome. The rest of the staff needs to take lessons in friendliness and need to learn and be qualified in the bariatric field. Overall I would recommend Dr Gorospe.

|  Great Surgeon  |  show details
by Jennifer K on Jan 21st, 2013

Dr. Gorospe is an amazing surgeon. I had my surgery 2 1/2 years ago, I have had great results. I attend support group meetings and he is always there to answer questions. He has a good office staff, they try to be as helpful as they can and get back to you in a timely manner. It is nice to know that if you are having any kind of problems from your surgery you can call and get quick results. Dr Gorospe is great at following up after your surgery, it is your responsibility to schedule the appointments and to show up to them so he can help. Dr Gorospe is one of the only doctors I know willing to do whatever it takes to see you succeed in your weight loss goals. I highly recommend him. Melissa his office manager is always helpful and does an excellent job at scheduling appointments, getting insurance approvals and getting back with you on any questions or issues you have.

Aug 20th, 2012

Dr Gorospe is the best surgeon around. He is very knowledgeable and has up to date information. His bedside manner is excellent and he answers all of your questions. He holds support group meetings monthly that he attends to help with your successful journey. Dr Gorospe and his staff helped save and change my life, I am very grateful to them. Dr Gorospe has an excellent staff, Melissa has always been helpful and polite. I highly recommend Dr Gorospe and his staff to everyone.

Aug 20th, 2012

Dr Gorospe is the best surgeon around. He is very knowledgeable and has up to date information. His bedside manner is excellent and he answers all of your questions. He holds support group meetings monthly that he attends to help with your successful journey. Dr Gorospe and his staff helped save and change my life, and I am very grateful to them. Dr Gorospe has an excellent staff, Melissa has always been very helpful and polite. I highly recommend Dr Gorospe and his staff to everyone.

Aug 20th, 2012

Dr Gorospe is the best surgeon. He is very knowledgeable and has up to date information. He has excellent bedside manner and answers all your questions. He holds support group meetings monthly and is very involved providing information at them. He has excellent staff members, Melissa has always been very helpful and polite. Dr Gorospe and his staff helped save and change my life and I am very grateful for them. I highly recommend him to everyone!!

Aug 20th, 2012

Dr Gorospe is the best surgeon. He is very knowledgeable and has up to date information. He always answers questions and has the most caring bedside manner. He is an AWESOME surgeon. He holds support group meetings once a month that he is involved in. I absolutely love his staff, Melissa has always been helpful and polite. I would recommend Dr Gorospe and his staff to everyone. He saved my life and I am grateful.

Aug 15th, 2012

DR GOROSPE IS AN EXCELLENT SURGEON. HE HAS PERFORMED MANY SURGERIES ON ME AND I HAVE BEEN VERY SATISFIED WITH HIM. HIS STAFF ON THE OTHER HAND CAN BE LESS THAN FRIENDLY ESPECIALLY THE BLONDE, I THINK HER NAME IS MELISSA. OVERALL I WOULD RECOMMEND DR GOROSPE TO EVERYONE.

|  Best Doctor for Bariatric Surgery  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2012

I had my gastric bypass a little over three years ago and attribute a good part of my success (I lost 220#, went from a size 28W to a 10)to Dr. Gorospe. He was thorough and took my full health into consideration. His follow up has been great too. I have seen too many people have the surgery only to end up in horrible health, even if they lose weight because their nutrition was lacking. Bariatric surgery is not a get out of jail card, it is just a tool in a long journey of weight loss. A great doctor is needed to be successful. I feel better than I have in years. I feel blessed to have a second chance and dont want to squander it. Thanks Dr. G! Im a big (though smaller) fan!

Nov 2nd, 2011

Dr Gorospe and his staff have been phenomenal in my surgical needs. Bedside manner extremely pleasant. He has taken as much as needed to fully address any concerns I may have had. His staff are very pleasant caring people, I have no problems talking with them or getting appointments. Dr Gorospe has helped to change my life and he has been a great surgeon, he really cares about his patients and wants to seem them succeed in their journeys. He plays a huge role in support group meetings and is over all the best surgeon I have met. I am very pleased with his work and he couldn't have a better staff.

|  Excellent 5 star treatment and care  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2011

Dr. Gorospe is highly experienced and knolwdgeable in bariatric surgery. His expertise is second to none. He will see you personally and HE is THE ONE doing the surgery. Dr. Gorospe will do everything in his power to help you even call you on the carpet if you are not following the bariatric directions. Just the help I needed. VERY PROFESSIONAL ALL AROUND. AWESOME STAFF TOO

|  BEST BARIATIC SURGEON to be found  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2011

Love Dr. Gorospe and his staff. Had my surgery in 2003. Still see Dr. twice a year for check ups and I attend the monthly support group meetings he has that are absolutely free where he answers questions and gives us updates on prodcedures, his staff is there and he has guest speakers . I met my goal weight about a 16 months after my surgery and have maintained it for 8 years. I am so grateful to dr Gorospe for the relationship we have had over these years he and his staff has always been there. He is GREAT and so is his staff!! That is the main reason I can sit here and say I have been successful is because of him!!

|  Dr. Gorospe: The BEST  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2011

Dr. G. is competent, knowledgeable, experienced. That's why I traveled over 100 miles for his services. The billing dept. needs help, though. My insurance had changed and they were very slow in getting the new info processed. I'd go to Dr. G. again if needed, in spite of the travel time/distance.

Aug 24th, 2010

Dr. Gorospe is a great surgeon and his staff is very helpful. They are always there when I have a question. I would recommend him 100%.

|  The Best  |  show details
by WJN on Apr 2nd, 2010

Dr. Gorospe is extremely caring. I have been involved in the "red tape" process for almost a year now (most of the time is for the 6 month diet required by the insurance)and have nothing but great things to say. Dr. Gorospe spent almost an entire hour with my wife and myself just answering our questions to make sure I felt comfortable during my pre-op visit. He talked to us like we were his friends and made sure all of our questions were answered. His staff have all been very pleasant and easy to work with.

by Terri D on Feb 10th, 2010

I really have no complaints about Dr. Gorospe and his staff. I know that he saved my life, and have had great results, 15 months later, lost 162# and still loosing. He was very thorough and I never felt that I was being mis-treated. I did see other patients who felt this way, but it was usually because they were not following the plan as directed, and their outcomes were not great. Some people think bariatric surgery is a "quick fix" and don't want to do the hard work, by taking responsibility for their health. You can't blame everyone else forever.

Jan 15th, 2010

I am very disappointed in Dr Gorospe and his staff. They are very rude and uncompassionate. I paid my $200 NON REFUNDABLE administrative fee, and like everyone else, was put in line...then, after doing all the "leg work" and paying my money, Dr G changed hospitals..>AGAIN!!! This time he changed to a hospital that is NOT in my insurance network. They were unwilling to work with me to get my surgery done and also told me that I was basically S.O.L as far as my money goes. They wont give me back my money OR do my surgery. It may have only been $200, but to someone like me, that was ALOT of money...and I wasn't doing this surgery for pleasure...i was doing it to save my life....so much for that. All my hard earned money and time is out the window. Thanks for nothing, Dr G and staff!! That's great customer service. Maybe you should change your website where is says you care about your patients....

|  RIP OFF  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 15th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Doctor's Response

Bariatric Practices in this area have a non refundable administrative program fee. Each practices fee varies. Currently ours is the least expensive. This information is provided to patients up front before they ever make an appointment to come into the office. This is not uncommon. When paying this fee the patient ensures they have done their homework to check their individual plan and make certain this is a covered benefit.

|  I Love Gorospe and Joe Bob  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Nov 11th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I had the surgery 1 year and 6 months ago. I am very happy with the outcome I have lost 198 pounds. Doctor`s you guys have saved my life. ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  I can`t say much for him because we could not get around his office.  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Feb 25th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

They draw you in, make you pay for the first visit and then you are put in line like take a number. Do your self a favor and when you are se...

|  Best in Oklahoma  |  show details
by steelersgirltina on Nov 3rd, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr Gorospe did my bypass over 6 years ago. There have not been any complications at all. He is very up front with what the surgery is all about. I would do this again in a heart beat

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  You saved my life!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Apr 4th, 2007 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Gorospe did gastric bypass surgery on both me and my husband. Since this time, we have lost 100`s of pounds, but best of all, gone off a...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  The best bariatric doctor and surgeon there is  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 27th, 2005 on insiderpages.com

Dr Gorospe is the most up to date and excellant gastric bypass surgeon. He has the best record as far as % of patients who survive this seri...