Dr. Luis Gorospe MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

August 18th, 2016
Dr Gorospe is the best for gastric bypass surgery and I'm very happy with my weight loss, had done in 2002 and I'm STILL THIN!!! Very happy with my life!!

October 27th, 2015
Dr. Gorospe saved my life!! I would not have the life today without him and his expertise!! Much love to him and his staff!!

July 23rd, 2015
Do not risk your life by going to this man

March 12th, 2015
STAY AWAY, RESEARCH BARIATRIC SURGERY, and RECONCIDER!!!!
This man is a slick liar and chooses his words carefully to benefit his argument like a lawyer, this surgery only adds longtivity to life only compared with a person that is obese and won't change their ways and has a life expectancy of 75 years old. He swears that you can not do it with diet and exercise and diet. My sister had many complications and is now looking 35 years older than what she does today and was a witness of how rude he and his staff was. All he cares about is money. Please research this issue out well before choosing this person. Not what he is cut out to be. Liar times a million. He tells stories of how he helped people for free to win trust from people and to appear that he cares. He should be sued for hiding what bariatric surgery really does to people. I know one person that died, my sister had continuous problems and looks really old (60) when she is only 35 and she gained her weight back.

February 20th, 2014
Great great great doctor
Dr. Gorospe is the best surgeon by far than any other surgeon I have ever seen. He follows through with you after the surgery. Gives you every opportunity to succeed with your weight loss. His life is helping people. Even his wife helps in the office. He is down to earth but yet very very experienced. I'm 6 years out and he is still my hero

December 31st, 2013
I had my surgery about 5 years ago, Dr Gorospe performed my initial surgery. I was happy with the results for a little while, then I started having complications. Dr Gorospe was unable to figure out the cause of the problems. Thankfully I found Dr K and they were able to correct the mistakes that Dr Gorospe had made and now I am healthy and happy. Dr Gorospe is knowledgeable in many areas, but I don't think I would return to him for surgery.

October 18th, 2013
patient
I am more than pleased with Dr G and highly recommend him to anyone waning weight loss surgery! The office staff is GREAT and are very knowledgeable and helpful. Dr G have given my life back!! He is a very sweet and caring doctor! Go to a seminar and meet him for yourself, you'll be glad you did!!

October 8th, 2013
I decided five years ago that I wanted to have gastric bypass surgery. Since that time, I have jumped through all of the insurance hoops several times, each time I would get close to having my surgery performed Dr Gorospe would change hospitals. In doing so I would have to wait to make sure my insurance would be accepted at the new hospital. Finally after the third time I decided that eventhough I would lose my $200.00 intake fee to choose a different doctor. I would like to have used Dr Gorospe as my surgeon but was unable to. During this whole process his office staff was less than friendly and helped me in deciding on a different dr. I am sure Dr Gorospe is an excellent surgeon, but changing hospitals that often concerned me.

October 8th, 2013
I could never say enough good about Dr. Gorospe.. He has been with me through thick and thin.. Literally!!!!!! I have entrusted him with my family members as well as myself. My gastric bypass was 10 years ago and my life is changed forever. I love life and all it has to offer. Dr G has been there every step of the way, he has made sure I kept my weight off by offering monthly meetings and individual visits he is the most happy when he sees one of his patients succeed in weight loss and personal goals of any type. I did alot of research back when I had my surgery and chose him because of his credentials and his past and current history.. I chose the best as far as I am concerred. I still go back annually for a check up with him and it certainaly keeps me in line. If you are looking for a surgeon who has experience, cares and wants you to be successful Dr. G is your man.

October 3rd, 2013
A wonderful experience
Dr. Gorospe and his staff especially Vicki were amazing through the entire process that I went through. It was a process that took everything into consideration to make sure that every aspect of my health was address before the surgery. Vicki dealt with my insurance and appointments and made sure I knew where and when to be. Dr. Gorospe was always very open and answered every question I had. After surgery he was available for any and all questions I had. On my second post op appointment he was just as happy as I was with my progress, he celebrated with me, his smile as big as mine. Thank you for helping me change my life! I would recommend Dr. Gorospe to anyone who is serious about taking the steps to change their life for the better!

September 28th, 2013
Dr. Gorospe performed my sleeve surgery, while the initial surgery went ok, I have had a lot of complications since. When I have gone to appointments, he doesn't seem to know what is causing the problems and doesn't really address my concerns. I know several people who have had this same surgery and have not had the complications performed by other surgeons. I was pleased with the initial surgery, but the aftermath has me apprehensive. I am unsure at this time if I would recommend him to anyone else.

September 24th, 2013
Best Dr ever
I want to say a BIG thank you to Dr Gorospe, if it wasn't for him I would not be here. I have trusted him with my life more than once as he has performed mNy surgeries on me. Not one time has he ever been compassionate about his patient and the work he does. He has always been there when needed and has always treated me as number one! He also has done surgery on my daughter and treated her with the best of care. The staff Melissa and Vicki have always answered and helped with anything I have needed in a quick manor and polite. I know insurance always takes their time but I know how hard these ladies work to get things done in a quick process. I would NEVER trust any other doctor anywhere as I do Dr Gorospe. He has made my life a better one so I can enjoy my family and life itself. I owe him so much. I know I have him on a high pedestal and that we all are never perfect but if you want things done correct then Dr Gorospe is the one. Thank you so much for everything Dr Gorospe! You are loved and appreciated,