Dr. Luis Nidea MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 12th, 2013
Best in town!
Dr. Nidea has been my Dr. for many years. I have Crohn's and it is controlled by the proper medication. Dr. Nidea answers all questions or concerns and doesn't hurry through your appointment. He is compassionate and explains things in a way you can understand. I would refer him to anyone that is looking for a good Dr. My granddaughter is going to set an appointment with him as she recently found out she has Crohn's as well.

March 29th, 2012
Excellent treatment was given to me my whole entire visit.

February 1st, 2012
Ugh...
Dr. Nidea is my father's gastroenterologist. For nearly a year, my Dad continued to tell him that he was having right side pain. Dr. Nidea insisted that his pain must be on the left side, because that's where his colitis was. Dr. Nidea ordered a CT Scan of the abdomen and noted an abnormality in the appendix, but dismissed it as the colon overlapping the appendix. About 8 months later, that tumor that was growing on his appendix ruptured. It spread malignant cancer cells throughout his abdomen. He is now diagnosed with stage 4 mucinous adenocarcinoma of the appendix and Pseudo Myxoma Peritonei. If Dr. Nidea had investigated the abnormality noted on the scan, removal of the appendix may have kept this cancer from spreading outside the appendix.

January 25th, 2012
Dr. Nidea has been my doctor for a little over three years. He is very caring. Hediagnosed my crohn's and helped me throughmy surgeries. I think like most doctors heis very busy so I feel that you must be proactive about your health.

August 26th, 2010
Frustrated
I went to him for a consultation and he spent more time talking about my thyroid, didn't examine me, then wanted to do a colonoscopy because I was "referred". Then he asked if I wanted pills or liquid, I chose pills. Go out to schedule the procedure and the lady there kindly asked me if I knew that the FDA black boxed the pills, they will cause liver and kidney failure. Thanks for nothing doc... Needless to say I never went back!

August 25th, 2009
Confrontational Physician
Dr Nidea is very confrontational, he does not like you asking questions about your condition ,overall my visit with him was very unsettling.