Dr. Luis Sanz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 7 reviews

March 5th, 2014
Great surgical staff
I was nervouse because Dr.Sanz told me that I need surgery. The staff member that schedules surgery was very informative, compassionate and concerned about my health. If it were not for her I would have not had the surgery. She was right, Dr.Sanz is the best!

March 31st, 2013
I will not recommend Dr. Sanz to anybody and I will never let him touch me ever again. I had a " simple operation" by Dr Zanz years ago and I still become very emotional when I remember that I almost died that day and my case was handled so unprofessionally. The surgery become complicated and my family were not informed about the complication of the surgery. I had to go through several surgeries as the result of a mistake and my family were waiting for the news in the waiting area for hours. His bedside manor was unacceptable and the patient to him was just a number. After all the suffering that my family and I went through he did not even apologize or accepted any responsibility. He told me he fixed the problem and " the problem will never come back". Less than a year not only the problem returned but also I had to suffer from the complications of the surgery. Since that time I have been having a hard time trusting any doctors and I will avoid surgery as much as possible.

January 27th, 2012
Not as thorough as he could be
I was debating between Dr. Sanz and another doctor for my bladder sling, and based on several doctor friends who trained under him in med school and really really admire him, I chose him. He is one of those old school overconfident surgeons, not a newer touchy feely type, but he did listen to my concerns and explain things clearly. The biggest problem was, however, that he may have amazing surgical skills, but from the surgical notes I got later, I am not sure he did all of my actual surgery. Rather he was present but just supervised a resident for most of the procedure. Two months later, I had a reaction to the sling, Where it started to erode; he said he had never seen that before, and I had a second surgery to supposedly permanently "fix" that. He also told me never to lift more than 20 pounds ever again for the rest of my life. Despite following that advice, my sling failed in less than a year. I went to another doc and got a second sling, which has held fine, even without that 20 pound restriction, but am now dealing with erosion of Dr. Sanz's old sling thru my vaginal wall. I would still rely on his expertise for a second opinion, but I think he may be too preoccupied with teaching and passing on his skills at this point than advancing women's health.

July 31st, 2011
I do not recommend Dr. Sanz
While Dr. Sanz came highly recommended by my RE and OBGYN he did not successfully resect my uterine septum. He performed a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. At my post-op appointment he said I didn't need any follow-up imaging and I knew that was a bad sign. Therefore, I pursued an appointment with a RE and she performed a saline sonogram and it turns out something just wasn't right. I flew down to Florida to meet a highly respected doctor with extensive experience with mullerian anomalies and a wide septum dividing two thirds of my uterus was found. Clearly, Dr. Sanz didn't resect my septum during the surgery! It was an utter failure and a waste of my time and my insurance's money. He's also very difficult to talk to and I had horrible experiences with his nursing staff. I cannot recommend him based on my experience.

October 26th, 2010
I'm not normally the type to write a review, but prior to seeing Dr. Sanz the first time, the one review on here had me so nervous, that I felt the need to rate my experience. Dr. Sanz accurately diagnosed my problem and got me into surgery in less than two weeks. My experiences at his office and in the surgery center were all very positive. He was by no means rude or crude or condescending to me. I found him to be very kind and caring and more importantly, an excellent doctor.

October 12th, 2010
I love Dr. Sanz....he saved my life.
I was literally dying with my heavy menstration flow and he recognized what was wrong with me had me schdeuled for sorry in a day and saved my life.God bless you Dr Sanz. Thanks

January 2nd, 2009
One of Worst Doctors I've Ever Seen
Elderly Spaniard who is crude, rude, condescending towards women and staff (all women), and totally oblivious to patients' feelings. He stuck his finger up my vagina and said "That's all right!" Need I say more.