Dr. Luis Vargas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Luis Vargas?

August 14th, 2017

Trust is the best review

I hardly ever write reviews, but I read the two bad ones and they kind of upset me. I want to address those. One, you don't see a PCP for bipolar, you see a PSYCHIATRIST! Two, you wanted a prescription you got addicted two from Mexico! Maybe he didn't agree with the fact you should be on that medicine. Maybe he wanted to be responsible and not feed your habit. As for me and my wife, we have seen him for over 10 years and think he's smart, caring, and honest. We LOVE his nurse who has been with him for at least 10 years. That says a lot about a doctor that can keep a good nurse that long. She is also smart, kind and honest. She goes the extra mile and we think they are a dynamic duo who take care not only of their patients, but each other. They are a fun pair and we always enjoy our visits with them. He is not working in the office as much and it is harder to get an appointment, but we wouldn't trade either of them for any other doctor. We trust them with our health and have for over 10 years and that is the best review you can give.

October 11th, 2016

Nurse practioner either does not listen to voice messages or does not like to leave messages in response to questions.

To schedule a physical exam, call at least 2 months in advance of when you want the exam. The office is filled with wonderful people. Love Dr. Vargas...great guy, great doctor in every way. Love his staff. Calling and leaving messages with his nurse practitioner could be handled much better. There is little hope she will leave a message when returning your call, addressing your issue or answering your question if you are not able to take her call. She just says call her. So right off the bat, you play a round of phone tag, which is frustrating. A direct answer or declaration that she does not understand or does not know the answer would be preferable.

September 17th, 2015

Dumb Reviews

What's with these 1 star reviews. They're completely the result of the person and not the doctor. I've been seeing Dr Vargas for years and he's been great. But since we can't comment on reviews, I'll comment here. Why would anyone go to a general practitioner for a bipolar disorder? That just makes no sense. At the end of the review she admits her mistake but still gives Dr Vargas a 1 star. That's stupid. Even more ridiculous is the Mexican drug addict that gives Dr Vargas one star because he wouldn't refill the drug they had gotten addicted to. Come on, people.

July 4th, 2012

Do not see him for mental health issues!

I was misdiagnosed with depression (I am bipolar) by Vargas, which isn't such a big deal except the meds for depression make bipolar disorder worse. When I was finally diagnosed bipolar (3 years later by two other doctors) I discussed my concerns with him about continuing on antidepressants as they weren't working. Recently I did some research to find out why my antidepressants weren't working, only to find out the reason I'm getting worse is because of the meds he kept putting me on. When I asked him to put me on a mood stabilizer, he suggested a new antidepressant. I trusted him, thinking he must know what he is talking about. Unfortunately, he put me on the antidepressant that has the worst withdrawal symptoms (something he didn't go into much detail about when I asked about side effects), wrote the dosing instructions for the pharmacy incorrectly, then went on vacation. I tried to fill the prescription when it ran out and found out that because he screwed up I'd be forced to detox from the meds. Called his office to talk to his nurse and the front office people refused to let me even leave her a voicemail message. Was promised he would call me as soon as he got back from vacation. He never did. Now I'm experiencing pretty horrible withdrawal symptoms from a medication I wouldn't have taken in the first place had he been up front about the withdrawal symptoms.BOTTOM LINE: If you have any sort of mental health issues, see a specialist! If he is currently treating you for a mood disorder and you don't like the results, get a second opinion!

April 23rd, 2012

Uprofessional doctor.U

I went to see Dr. Vargas because I was feeling withdrawal symptoms from stopping taking klonopin. I had brought some with me from Mexico and I had run out. I was feeling very bad. He refused to prescribe more klonopin. Later I had to go to emergency room because my symptoms got worst. I learned that it is very dangerous to stop taking klonopin and that it has to be taken in decreasing quantities. This doctor should have known that. He was also very unprofessional during the visit (out of place humor, disrespectful.) Horrible experience.

December 12th, 2016