Dr. Luis Zarate MD Patient Reviews

3.8

August 15th, 2016
Excellent doctor and staff

August 11th, 2015
Excelent, caring, and professional.

October 4th, 2013
Had him as an OBGYN and will NEVER go back to him. after my last pregnancy and my last visit with him i regret having him as an OBGYN. He always has new people. He NEVER CLEARLY answers your questions. Staff in horrible. They never know anything and cant answer any of your questions. I had a high risk pregnancy and felt like the doctor did not care.

September 13th, 2013
Rude
This has got to be the rudest professional I have met. He has no people skills and is not knowledgable. Any other doctor is better than him.

August 30th, 2013
Unprofessional man
Dr Zarate is extremely rude and unprofessional. He is really impatient and has no patience for questions. When being asked about procedures, he gets extremely defensive.

August 2nd, 2013
This doctor is the worse I have ever seen. He did surgery and does not even know how to program what he implanted. He did surgery on my grandmother and did not schedule her until a month after surgery for a check up. He had someone else program what he implanted because he did not know how to. He is rude and unprofessional. He got upset at me because I asked about my grandmother's surgery and stated he had explained it to her and doesn't understand why he had to explain it to me. My grandmother did not get any instructions after surgery. He started raising his voice when I asked what the surgery consisted of. He was in the consultation room for more than five minutes before saying, "Fuera, Fuera" (out, out) and putting his hands on me pushing me out. He has a formal complaint coming his way.

July 31st, 2013
Highly arrogant
He is always changing personal, each month he has a new student nurse... So you have to help the nurse because they are learning.... They are very disorganized and any question that you ask they only say " I don not what to say".... The doctor has poor communication with his team and they are afraid to ask because he is very rude. I told him and he got very mad and told me " if you are no happy it's ok I have many patients" and left the room.... Don't waste your time and look for somebody with education and less arrogant.

October 25th, 2011
bIRTH
He was my obgyn. I was at the hospital they induced me and the doctor did not want me to give birth in the middle of the night so he asked nurses to moderate the medicine that they use to induce. In the morning he got to the hospital very happy because he was very well rested and they raised the medicine I was ready to deliver my husband stepped out of the room for a coffee. Dr. came back from visiting another patient he got me into position I pushed once nothing happened. He asked for a think called kiwi and out came my baby. He did not let me push again he didn't change my position he just pulled out my baby with the damm kiwi a vacuum. I did not like that and he did not even ask to see if that was ok with me. My baby had something in his head for weeks due to this kiwi. Not going back to him did not like how he approached me and that he would not spend more than 5 min with me in delivery. My husband came back with his coffee and missed the birth of our baby. Besides the long wait at the office and waiting for him to finish his personal phone calls. You can hear through the walls in his office. He is now in El Paso, TX

June 4th, 2011
Horrible
Everytime I go see him I have to wait OVER AN HOUR. I am a patient person but every time! Just for a two minute appointment to give me a fertility drug?!? No diagnosis just drugs. Then I find out from a 2nd opinion I should have had ultrasounds, hormones, and other things in conjunction with the Clomid. Horrible Experience would NOT recommend him to anyone!

December 2nd, 2010
The best doctor ever !!!!!!!
Dr Zarate is a great doctor, he spends time with you answering all questions and concerns that you have. He is a very reassuring doctor. It is obvious that he has a lot of experience. I believe that thanks to him my son is alive today. When problems arose during my delivery, he knew exactly what needed to be done and he showed and proved to my husband and I that he truly cared for me as his patient. He was able to calm my nerves right away. He has that special quality in a doctor that everyone wishes their doctor had, a caring heart. His staff is top notch also, they are very caring also, and they know what they are doing. They called me to make sure I had someone to drive me to the office when I was having preterm contractions. I wish that he was my doctor for all of my deliveries. And even though I am not planning on have any more kids, he will be my OB doc for life.