A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Luke Akard:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Luke Akard is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Luke Akard, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Akard graduated from Indiana University , Indianapolis.
Dr. Akard has 15 hospital affiliations:
- St. Francis Hospital - Beech Grove
- Clarian Health Partners, Incorporated
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Luke Paul Akard MD is a male Internist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Luke P. Akard practice?
- Dr. Luke Akard has 4 office locations.
Dr. Luke Akard practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Indianapolis, IN.
Additional practice locations include: Beech Grove, IN.
See Indianapolis Internists, Indianapolis Hematologists, and Indianapolis Oncologists.