Dr. Luke Loveys MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 11th, 2015
I don't even know where to being. The consultation and surgery went very well and he did a masterful job repairing my Achilles Tendon. However, everything since the surgery has been a nightmare. Jim is one of his assistants and is a great guy. Made me feel very comfortable and did an excellent job with applying the casts and bandages and help me out a lot. I never saw Dr. Loveys that day. I scheduled my next follow up, took the morning off of work and was never seen. Apparently Dr. Loveys did not work on Mondays and they scheduled me with the wrong Doctor. Needless to say no one saw me and I was send on my way after waiting 45 minutes. I rescheduled and was told Dr. Loveys would see me personally.. It took them another 2 weeks to get me in and I was seen by one of his PA's. Fast forward to my final follow up appointment that was scheduled 4 months in advance. I get a phone call 2 days before hand saying my appointment was canceled. Great! It has been over a month since I heard from the office so I called today. They had no idea why I was calling and did not have my insurance information. They told me to call back when I got it. It just seems that once the surgery is done they do not care.

December 17th, 2013
Happy
I thought Dr. Loveys could be more personable, but I understand that he is busy. That being said, I never felt rushed when I had an appointment with him. I am extremely claustrophobic and had a very difficult time "wrapping my head around" having to wear a cast - Dr. Loveys appreciated the concern, and worked with me in order to assuage my fears and make it possible for me to have the repair that I desperately needed on my Achilles tendon. The best part of my experience with Dr. Loveys was his support staff - Jim (the casting specialist) and Beth (the PA) were WONDERFUL. When I had an issue with my initial bandage they were able to get me in quickly and help me out. Jim was patient and accomodating with my claustrophobic limitation and I cannot stress enough how much this helped me cope with everything.

May 5th, 2013
physician
He was recommended as "the premier foot surgeon in Rochester." But I experienced unrelenting pain at the surgical site, especially where 1 of the pins pushed the skin up chronically. He and his office staff were frankly rude and unaccommodating when I experienced a complication.

April 30th, 2012
Great Service
We found Dr. Loveys and his staff to be caring and wonderful. He performed emergency surgery on me and was thee guy in this area for this type of injury. After the repair to my knee and tendon my follow up has been great. At one point we had some concerns about the healing and we were in the next day had things explained and our minds put to ease. Couldn't ask for better care!

January 21st, 2011
Director of Training
Worst experience I have ever had with a Doctor. Even the staff was rude beyond belief, except Sandy and the x-ray technitian(sorry I forgot her name)If Dr. Lovey was the last Doctor on earth I would have my leg amputated before I let him do my sygery.

December 22nd, 2010
Doesn't do his homework
Didn't do diagnostic testing to determine what all was wrong. Operated to fix one thing, found that plus another thing was bad and wasn't prepared to fix the second. Required 2nd surgery, doubling the time patient was out of commission. Afterwards, wouldn't make time to speak with patient. Communicated through subordinate staff only. -- Don't believe he is an RGH doctor even though he claims to be on this page.

November 12th, 2010
Unprofesional
Canceled two appointments in one month due to overbooking his day.He likes more regular insurance patient then work comp patient.