2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Office Staff show details Office Staff
Jul 17th, 2012

I was helped with Chronic Lyme by Dr Ruiz. However, her office staff seems incompetent. Each and every one of my visits has had a problem. I arrived for my first visit and they did not have my appointment in their records. They still do not have billing errors corrected after six visits and numberous inquiries. I am still missing test results after almost a year. They seldom respond to calls or emails. They can't seem to get their files or appointments correct. Most visits have a wait time of over an hour. Again, I do feel that my lyme syptoms were improved by the doctor's treatments.

not to be trusted show details not to be trusted
May 21st, 2012

I waited 6 months for an appointment, then they made me spend $200 dollars for an unnecessary computer test. then they were suppose to get back to me with my results. They never contacted me, everytime I called the secretary was abrupt, and rude, and they always had a different excuse why they did not contact me. Then they told me I owed them money, when they had told me they accepted my insurance.

not to be trusted show details not to be trusted
May 21st, 2012

the doctor made me wait 6 months for an appointment. the office told me they took my insurance, but made me pay $200 for an unnecessary computer test. They were suppose to get back in touch with my results, they never called back. Everytime I called the secretary was rude and unprofessional. I dont think they know what they were doing, they always had some excuse, then they told me I owed them money, and that they did not take my insurance.

Finally someone wants to help show details Finally someone wants to help
Apr 9th, 2012

I have had nothing but positive experiences so far.

Jan 26th, 2012

Dr. Ruiz and her staff have always gone out of their way to help me and my family during this hard time. The office staff was great and I got answers to every question I had. Thanks to this MD my family is now doing great. She cares when no other MD would even listen to my plea for help.

Good Doctor with the most unprofessional office staff and follow up ever! show details Good Doctor with the most unprofessional office staff and follow up ever!
Aug 10th, 2011

Knowledgeable Doctor however she did an unnecesery painful EMS test, that only proved the obvious (I had a serious neurological problem), which put me through a lot pain and certainly charged a fortune from my insurance company. Traumatized by dealing with this office staff, who cancelled my appointment without the courtesy of a phone call or explanation. I travelled 2 h in vain o find out that my apointment has been given to someone else and my test results had been lost..... no comments... fired!

Jun 28th, 2011

The most unprofessional doctor and staff I've ever encountered. They are confrontational, have issues when it comes to scheduling follow up appointments because they can't figure out how to use the computer. There is no answering service and the phone is rarely answered. Dr Ruiz does not explain what you should expect during treatment nor does she explain test results or even give the impression that she's reviewed them before the time of your appointment when you're sitting in front of her. This has been my absolute worst encounter with a doctor

Dr. Ruiz has helped my family's Lyme Disease SO MUCH show details Dr. Ruiz has helped my family's Lyme Disease SO MUCH
May 25th, 2011

For some reason, Dr. Ruiz's office is getting a bad rap. She has been instrumental in treating our Lyme Disease. Her office staff couldn't be more personable and friendly. They bend over backwards for the patients (Thanks Donna and Robin!).Yes, we've had to wait 15 - 30 minutes in the waiting room, but anyone who goes to a doctor's office expecting no wait is being unrealistic.

Very thorough & caring doctor show details Very thorough & caring doctor
Apr 1st, 2011

Dr. Ruiz has a very busy practice, so it does take a while to get an appointment with her. However, it is well worth the wait as she is very thorough and determined to get the correct diagnosis and treatment for you.

Jan 7th, 2011

This is the most through Neurologist I have ever been to. Yes you have to wait to get in, but the wait is worth it. She did a series of test and diagnosed my problem. Without her I probably would be on treatment for MS and in a wheel chair now. It turned out to be Lyme Disease causing all my problems. I have been in treatment for over a year now, walking without any help and feeling better than I have in years. Thank you Dr Ruiz for saving my life.

Nov 9th, 2010

No Comment

Not to be trusted! show details Not to be trusted!
Oct 6th, 2010

Dr. Ruiz misdiagnosed, mistreated, and is now ignoring the pleas of our family for more help. She has her own agenda and does not care about the well being of her patients unless it happens to be convenient for her.

Jun 23rd, 2010

Dr. Ruiz is a very caring, knowledgeable physician with an EXTREMELY busy practice. She does have excellent experience and training in neurological Lyme disease -- and has been able to help me and several people that I know, when other doctors had no idea what was going on. (Of course the Infectious Disease doctor told another patient she didn't have Lyme -- the IDSA is clueless about Lyme, particularly the strains with neuro involvement!)

terrible experience show details terrible experience
Apr 27th, 2010

i called to get appointment for my mother..secretary was extremely rude and wanted to know first what insurance we carry... then she insulted me and continued to make innapropriate comments "you obviously have no clue why you are calling here" when all I wanted is to have my mother seen asap and wanted to know what would be the first available time slot... then she told me that my mother needs to be "stabilized by her primary doctor" and can bee seen by this office in 3 months!outrageous!I will look for other neurologist in the area or will travel to Boston/Worcester if we have to.

What has happened to this office? show details What has happened to this office?
Apr 6th, 2010

I recently went in for a visit and was very disappointed with what I saw. The whole office has changed and not for the better. What happened to the secretary that I have always enjoyed seeing? She was the most friendly,efficient and knowledgable secretary that I have ever dealt with in all of the doctor offices that I visit. Since she is no longer there the office is in complete disarray. It's like walking into chaos. There is all new staff and noone knows what to do. And what happened to the nurse practitioner that I saw a while back, she was great and very thorough, where is she? Even the doctor seems different. She is still helping me but things are definitely different. My wife thinks maybe she is planning on closing her practice and that's why there are so many changes. Does anyone know if that is true?

unprofessional and rude doctor and staff show details unprofessional and rude doctor and staff
by tj on Jan 19th, 2010

I have been trying for 3 weeks to call the doctor. nobody ever picks up the phone...when I saw the doctor, she has "diagnosed " me with lyme disease... she has introduced herself as a "lyme disease specialist". Then I did research and found out she does not have any training in infectious diseases and is basically false advertising at best. Finally, I did see ID specialist and NO I do not have Lyme disease.

this doc show details this doc
Sep 20th, 2009

it takes a small miracle to get your phonecall answered by her clinic secretary...I needed to see the doctor urgently, because my chronic condition got suddenly worse: I was told that the doctor is BOOKED SOLID for the next 2 months???? she could not find 15 minutes in her schedule to see me and help me???find another doctor

Gone out of her way to help me show details Gone out of her way to help me
by Cynthia Howes on Jul 12th, 2009

Without appointments I've been granted visits when I've had issues.the office staff was fantastic to me.Dr. Ruiz was able to help me when nobody else could. Which is probably why it's hard to get an appointment with her.

Mom show details Mom
Apr 7th, 2009

Office staff horrible. 6 month wait to get into see her. Knowledgable about Lyme but too scared to treat effectively.