Dr. Lydia Collins MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 9th, 2016
Feels like family
It's a great sign when you see the same faces over and over, a loyal staff. They remember me and even details about my situation. I feel like a real person instead of just a patient to get through the office and onto the next.

July 9th, 2015
Not just a number to get through.
Rare independent office that does things my way.

July 8th, 2015
Top notch!
Dr. Collins is a wonderful teacher. I wasn't expecting the detail of explanation she gave about my ultrasound and lab tests. She used drawings and wrote things down so I understood everything. Top notch!

March 13th, 2013
Very complete surgical care
I came to her for a 2nd opinion. She went over all my records and explained everything in a way no other doctor ever has. It was like getting a private tutoring session about my health situation. The decision for type of surgery was very well thought out & took my own needs/views into consideration. It was obvious that the OR staff was confident and happy working with her. The whole experience went very smoothly.

November 13th, 2012
OK if you just need general GYN care, but if you need surgery read below
If you need surgery you should find another GYN. The office nurse was uncaring, rude, and unprofessional. I wish I would have followed my gut and gone to another GYN for my surgery.

September 2nd, 2012
best experience ever
I never had such a good experience at a doctors office before. Nowadays, everything is so impersonal but not at this office. Dr. Collins is obviously a great teacher and isn't in a rush. She naturally explains things and is whip smart. The office is small and friendly.

March 25th, 2012
my time was valued
After years with my previous doctor I decided to change to a doctor who didn't focus on obstetrics. Got tired of delays and reschedules. Dr. Collins office was fabulous. The scheduler was obviously really busy when I called but I appreciated not having to shift through a phone tree. From the get go I felt like they would bend over backwards, from making sure my procedure was covered to apologizing for running 5 minutes behind schedule!! Dr. Collins was interested in me as a person, taking the time getting to know me to come up with a plan that worked for ME and not just a cookie cutter approach. Glad I switched clinics.

Super experience!
In the first few minutes with Dr. Collins, I learned more about what was going on with me than all the previous docs I'd seen all put together. I loved not having a phone tree to deal with from the start. She was on time, no chance to read a magazine. Asked me about 5 times if I had any more questions! Patient, no rush and called me back with my results herself. Never had that happen before. Happy to go back.

March 24th, 2012
Great personalized care and attention to detail!
I brought my teenage daughter for her first visit and was wowed by the skill Dr. Collins used to make her comfortable. Teenagers are not easy!! The of ...

March 24th, 2012
Great attention to the details I'm interested in!!
Really great small office. I've been coming here for about 10 years now. The staff knows me by name and know my quirks! This makes it easier for ...

December 16th, 2011
Took time to answer ALL of my questions
What a great office! They make you feel like they are there to serve YOU. I can't count how many the times the doctor encouraged me to ask more questions. SHe made sure I understood everything and even gave me some great book recommendations!

December 25th, 2010
warmest bedside manner ever
I've been seeing Dr. Collins for years. She never seems rushed and takes time to do whatever it takes to care for me. Wouldn't go elsewhere.