Dr. Lydia Jeffries MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 2nd, 2016
Not the best
Both locations of this office are terrible for their privacy. One time I went and was sitting outside of two rooms while waiting for a nurse and they left both doors open and I could hear everything going on. You can also hear through the walls at both locations. I have complained twice. Also, she is fine, I do like her, but she is very fast with you. She is in and out and you get the feeling she has a ton of other patients to see. Which I am sure is true, but it is not a great way to treat patients. She also had me do my yearly bloodwork w/o fasting because I'm young, but I'm 46! And I didn't know better so now I have to get it redone and pay for it.

April 14th, 2016
Very pleased with my care. I had a very complicated abdominal hysterectomy secondary to severe endometriosis. She not only helped me navigate and heal through the procedure, but also the aftermath of hormone replacement and return to health. She is an accomplished, professional, woman of grace; and deeply appreciated!

November 3rd, 2015
Extremely Dissapointed
First time visiting Asheville Women's Center and last! My total experience at this center was so totally unprofessional, I can never say anything good about them. I am still waiting for the Dr to call me and explain what happened, and its been two weeks. Worse mammogram in all my years. I wonder if the tech's are even license. Please do your research before going to a new center. This is an honest review.

May 16th, 2013
Dr. Jeffries was speeding through my appt. She had the tools that she was going to use for my annual visit sitting on a stack of recycled cut into quarters paper that had been written on instead of a sanitary sheet. Her tools were left out in a pen cup with the applicators upward exposed to the air. Her medical waste bin and applicators overflowing and couldn't shut. Lastly, she used the speculum on me, was so rough, she caused me to bleed and then dumped the speculum, blood and all in a hand washing sink. I took pictures of everything and am showing them to an attorney. Apparently, I'm not the only one who has experienced this bad practice. I would most certainly not recommend her to anyone.

May 22nd, 2012
The Best
I cant say enough about Dr. Jeffries. She has helped me in so many ways. Never been disrespectful in any way. I was having terrible fertility issues after losing my first child. I went into labor at 24wks. He lived 25 days. She was not my doctor at this time in my life, BUT she is now. Thanks to her, I have a beautiful, healthy 6 yr old daughter. She showed such compassion and was determined to help me. I wish all doctors were like her!

September 14th, 2011
Wish I could give her 10+ stars!
Dr. Jeffries is a wonderful doctor! I have been a patient of hers off and on for nearly 20 years and have always been impressed by her knowledge and compassion. During the first ten years, she guided me through six complicated pregnancies (2 miscarriages and 4 successful births). I then went several years without seeing her until I had an abnormal pap smear during my yearly physical with my GP. I immediately scheduled an appt. with Dr. Jeffries who went out of her way to make sure I had the additional tests I needed and followed up with me to make sure all of my questions were answered. I am so thankful to have her in my corner!

May 14th, 2011
choose another provider!
Terrible experience! Don't know why this Dr is rated so well by others on this site. I was discriminated against - she refused to see me because my insurance had run out - I OFFERED TO PAY IN FULL AT TIME OF VISIT - HUMILIATING EXPERIENCE!!!

March 10th, 2011
An angel!
I came to Dr. Jeffries with a complicated medical problem which required an extensive surgery 3 months after a very bad experience with another surgery. I was EXTREMELY ANXIOUS about another surgery. She treated me with care, respect, and understanding and in addition had the experience and skill to prepare for and handle whatever came next. I trust her implicitly and respect her enormously. I was a PA for 13 years and my husband has been a PA for 17 years. She is in the top 5 MDs we have ever known.

November 9th, 2010
Wonderful Doctor
I have been experiencing a lot of discomfort for over a year now, but have waited to afford medical coverage so I could seek a doctor. Dr. Jeffries was kind and helpful and really listened to everything I had to say and was very informative and attuned to what I was experiencing. I am finally getting answers. She was very helpful with scheduling me an ultrasound as quickly as possible rather than waiting. I am very happy I found her.

October 15th, 2010
Best Doctor in the South
Dr Jeffries is the best doctor in the South - she is very confident and knows what she is doing. I would highly recommend her to family and friends.

March 9th, 2010
not the best experience
In my experience this Dr provides average care. Seems a little overextended. Had a hard time getting any answers about some issues I was having. Very little eye contact always looking at computer and typing. Had an ablation not go so well and then my follow up appoitment was completely bungled up(office staff and Dr not on same page) causing me stress and more pain. Phone nurse was unprofessional and overall I felt that none of what I was saying was being heard and it was affecting my health. Had to find another Dr to take care of unresolved issues.

October 14th, 2009
Excellent Decision
Having just moved to the area, I had not found a doctor as yet. When I had an issue that I knew needed to be checked out, I called Dr. Jeffries office in Arden. They went out of their way to get me in as quickly as possible while working around an impossible schedule on my part. When Dr. Jeffries walked in, I instantly liked her. She is very professional while being very personable. She listened to ALL of the information I could give her and during the exam, found something of concern. She explained what she found and referred me to the Hope Cancer Center for Women. Very good move on her part as I have now been diagnosed with a rare melanoma. She did the right thing and put me in the hands of someone she knew I could trust to help me.Although I currently am working with the doctors of Hope, Dr. Jeffries is my number 1 choice for future services.