Internist, Rheumatologist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
May 9th, 2015

I agree with the reviewer of 12 Dec 2010 COMPLETELY!! Dr Lasichak is, I believe, one of the best Rheumatologists in the USA! I was her patient for over 10 years and she correctly diagnosed me with Ankylosing Spondilitis which I had suffered with for over 30 years before she diagnosed it. She also correctly determined that I have the HLA-B27 gene which is responsible for many of my symptoms. I would recommend Dr Lasichak whole-heartedly and without reservation!

Peggy Hinton show details Peggy Hinton
Sep 2nd, 2011

My hope here is to educate, not critize so please listen to me. It has been over 2 years since my last visit so I can't sue or anything, and don't want to-you have it in writing so please listen it may save someone's life. I had to wait an hour and a half to be seen by Dr. Lasichak on my last visit and was discarded(in my opinion) for the doctor's lunch (I beleive it was sesame chicken) and when I told the doctor my neck was really bothering me, she mumbled something and walked out of the room tossed my file on the front desk, told the office personnel to make another appt. for me in 6 weeks. I also told her my legs were really bad and she examined the back of my legs behind my knees and when I jumped she looked at me (in my opinion) like I was crazy! I never came back there. Now let me tell you my diagnosis...I had BLOOD CLOTS in my legs, as well as 3 bad disc's in my neck. I had surgery on my neck July 30,2010-C4-C7 dicotomy and fusion. Problem was THE BLOOD CLOTS that were in my legs travled to my LUNGS and even formed a very large SADDLE CLOT. I spent the next 2 weeks in the hospital, a week in intensive care, had a stroke and am now on dissability. I told the doctor they had problems drawing my blood at Quest Diagnosis in Novi, and have told Quest my story,which they appreciated. I hope you do too. If you ever have another patient with my symptoms again I hope you consider my situation, it's just a simple blood test that could save someone's life. Good luck to you.

Best Doctor Ever show details Best Doctor Ever
Dec 12th, 2010

Dr. Lasichak is in my opinion no less than "The World's Best Doctor". I make my claim based on my ten years as her patient throughout which time she never once given up on me, never once belittled my symptoms, has always given me her full attention as well as ample time during my appointments with her, and has returned on the rare occasions I have had to contact her on an emergency basis each call in record time. Dr. Lasichak LISTENS to what I say, and I believe she learns too from what I tell her - although I say this not in the medical sense but more from the perspective of a Dr. concerned not simply with a patients actual condition, but their experience living with that condition. Dr. Lasichak has never failed to explain to me until I am completely confident I understand: a) any diagnosis she had made of my condition(s); b) the types of options open to me based on her diagnosis; c) the specific treatment regimen she prescribes; d) any medications she recommends with special attention given to I: the name of the medication; any generic names of the medication; what type of medication it is and how it is classified; what conditions the medication was initially intended and if applicable (even if not in my case) any off-label uses of the medication; the side affects from a to z; the efficacy of the medication taken particular to patients with the same condition; the expected length I may need to be on a medications; and, lastly and most importantly, she rates highest with her acute awareness when it's been the case I've been leery of a new medication and on such occasions not only squeezes me in for a four week follow-up appointment, but in the interim has had her nurse phone me to see how I'm doing and if I've experienced any complications or side affects (and mind you the nurse phones until she gets me in person on the line - it's never just a voice mail!) I guess the only way to sum up my personal assessment and claim that Dr. Lydia Lasichak is in fact "The World's Best Doctor" is to say with the utmost heartfelt sincerity, Thank You Dr. Lasichak. Thank You Forever and a Day.Annie O'NeillPS: Were all doctors as concerned with their patients as Dr. Lasichak, the judicial system could kiss goodbye the tens of thousands of filed malpractice suits which clog our courts each year!!!

Sep 30th, 2010

dr. was great. staff was horrible. she can be the best dr in the world but if the staff is rude you will eventually find another doc !

Apr 29th, 2010

Dr. Lasichak is extremely knowledgeable and takes the time to explain things to me. She answers any questions I have and helps to ease any of my fears. I am extremely grateful to have her as my doctor.

Feb 24th, 2010

Finally, I received a correct diagnosis.Caring, considerate, takes all the time you need with her. She is a wonderful human being and doctor.