Obstetrician & Gynecologist
8595 Picardy Ave
Ste 310
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
225-763-4990
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  Excellent Physician  |  show details
by Renita Williams Thomas on Sep 12th, 2013

Dr. Sims is a GREAT physician. She is courteous and really care about the whole patient.

|  Straightforward but positive  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2011

I went in with symptoms for which the worst case would have been cancer. She acknowledged the possibility but also gave me a list of other possibilities saying that the odds were that it would be something other than cancer. She explained the tests she requested very thoroughly so that I was involved and understood every step of the process. One of the tests was very painful, and she acknowledged my pain and kept working, telling me where she was and letting me know she would be finished soon. Her style of patient care matches my needs very well.

|  HORRIBLE!!!!!!  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2011

IT WAS MY FIRST PREGNANCY AND I HAD VERY BAD MORNING SICKNESS I THREW UP EVERYDAY ALL DAY AND I MY WORK ENVIROMENT WAS VERY CRAZY BC I WORK AS A GUARD AND SHE ACTED AS IF SHE DIDNT WANT ME TO GO ON A LIGHT SHIFT WHILE GOING THROUGH THIS TOUGH PREGNANCY AND ALSO ACTED AS IF SHE DIDNT WANT ME TO GO ON A LEAVE FROM WORK AROUND MY DUE DATE ALL BC SHE ADVISED ME THAT SHE WENT HER WHOLE NINE MONTHS WORKING... HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE AND I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THE BATON ROUGE GENERAL HOSPITAL EITHER ITS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|  Okay Doctor  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2011

Dr Sims seems to be an excellent doctor at first but after years of seeing her, I had a complicated pregancy and she brushed me off like I wasn't important. I complained of bleeding and cramping to her early in my pregancy and she wrote me off like I was having a miscarriage, when I was actually having an ectopic pregancy. I had to go to another doctor that took immediate action and helped me with my issue.

|  you can bet your last buck she`s a star in my book.  |  show details
by tammy2boys at Citysearch on Mar 17th, 2011 on citysearch.com

i`ve been a patient of Dr. Sims for 7 year, it has been wonderful. all the time her office is clean, staff are polite and friendly, i fell like i`m truly part of a clinic`s family. as her patient i was very ill while caring my child, she always managed to take my calls or have me to visit the office often just to assist my need for dehydration. i was a spiter for all 5mos. sadly i lost my baby, note she try her best to save my baby.. time was not on my side. each time i visit her office she`s never changes with a friendly smile, nice conversation. \"\" thank you doc\"\"

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  you can bet your last buck she`s a star in my book.  |  show details
by tammy2boys at Citysearch on Mar 17th, 2011 on citysearch.com

i`ve been a patient of Dr. Sims for 7 year, it has been wonderful. all the time her office is clean, staff are polite and friendly, i fell like i`m truly part of a clinic`s family. as her patient i was very ill while caring my child, she always managed to take my calls or have me to visit the office often just to assist my need for dehydration. i was a spiter for all 5mos. sadly i lost my baby, note she try her best to save my baby.. time was not on my side. each time i visit her office she`s never changes with a friendly smile, nice conversation. \" thank you doc\"

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Great Clinician  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2011

Dr. Sims is an excellent physician. She was able to quickly diagnose my condition and offer solutions to surgery. Great physician. Great bedside manner.

|  Making Appointment  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2010

I have been with you for 9 years. I came into your office on my schedule appt with was 08/12/2010 to see the nurse for my first stage of my pregenacy. I was told that I was not able to keep my appointment because I had to paid the co-pay of $90 today before my appointment. When making the the appointment I informed the reception that I had a different insurance. She stated to me that she contact my old insurance and they informed her they no longer carrie us. All this to say is that I should have be able to see the nurse or doctor and the office could have bill me later. I was so mad with this office.

|  DO NOT GO TO HER OR THAT OFFICE!! Rude and unprofessional!  |  show details
by Heather on Apr 16th, 2010

I have seen Dr. Sims one time and I thought she was a decent doctor, although the staff were very rude. I will never go back there again because 2 days ago I called to make an appointment because I had been having abdominal pain for three days and I needed to see a doctor the next morning. When I called I was told I couldn't come in the next morning because Dr. Sims is not in on Thursdays, so I asked if I could see Dr. Alicia Taylor, the other doctor in the office. I was told by the secretary that I could not because they didn't EXCHANGE patients!! What?! I was in pain and I needed to see a doctor the next day and she told me NO! She didn't even chck to see if Dr. Taylor had availability, she just told me NO. I was so upset and had to call another doctor I've never seen, who was able to see me the next morning. I will NEVER step foot in that office again! Do NOT go there, they are rude and unprofessional and I am going to file a complaint with the AMA.

|  First Impressions  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2010

The waiting room was neat and pleasant. Office staff behind the window was courteous and efficient. My initial exam was thorough and efficient. Dr. Sims answers all my questions and provided a good plan of care. Dr. Sims was very open and spent 15-20 mins discussing my options for care and next steps. In part, our discussion may have gone really well because of my research which prepared me for the visit and allowed me to ask detailed questions.This was my first visit to Dr. Sims.

|  Unprofessional Staff/Very Unconcerned Dr.  |  show details
by anonymous on Nov 6th, 2009

This Dr. has horrible bed side manners, the staff there are very rude, and does not respond to your urgent needs in a timely manner. I was referred by a family friend to another Dr. and noticed a huge difference immediately. My needs were well taken care of, the staff were very friendly and the midwife was excellent.