Dr. Lydia Sims MD Patient Reviews

3.0
  • 19 reviews

December 22nd, 2016
Excellent Doctor!
Dr Lydia Simms is a straightforward, honest, caring, and highly professional specialist. She makes me feel that I am in the best of care, and follows that up with taking care of my needs and concerns. For any woman needing an OB/GYN, I highly recommend Dr Lydia Simms.

September 13th, 2016
Menopausal pain
Does not express a caring attitude. Not helpful. Abrupt to the point of disrespectful.

September 1st, 2016
disappointed patient
I picked Dr. Sims off of the Cigna website list of OB's not knowing what I was getting myself into. This is my first pregnancy and should have been a good experience. Long story short Dr. Lydia Sims gets 2 thumbs down for bed side manner. She made me feel so bad about myself by her comments and I am pretty sure her staff (who was actually friendlier then her) would hear her thru the thin walls. I dreaded every appointment with her after my very first appointment I ever had. I am a heavy set woman and in good health. All test results would always come out great, blood pressure perfect, no diabetes, or any health issues besides water weight gain and swelling. Dr. Sims made it a point to highlight how big I was at every appointment and how much weight I was gaining. Even basically told me I lied when she was asking me what it was I was eating every day. And yes I understand the dangers of being heavy but there are other ways of speaking to your patients in a kind manner. I am not sure if she just doesn't like bigger woman but from the get go it seemed my weight was a big issue to her. I finally got enough nerve to change my OB towards the middle of my 2nd trimester. I would get a printout from Dr. Sims of the current appointment and never noticed that she continued to highlight the fact that I was obese at the beginning of pregnancy. RUDE!!!!! Now I am on my 3rd trimester and all is well just the swelling of the legs and ankles. Baby and myself are in great health and doing my weekly checkups with my current OB who I should have gone to at the beginning. He doesn't highlight my weight but makes sure to bring up that water weight is a lot to do with the gaining of weight and gives me options like swimming and natural ways to lower the swelling and water weight, and congratulates me when my vitals are good every visit. I really suggest that people ask around first for an OB and not choose doctors from a list. You may end up with an OB like Dr. Sims :(

July 12th, 2016
Absolutely love her! Wouldn't go to any other ob/GYN.

April 9th, 2016
She is awesome! I'm hope she is the one delivering my son.

December 22nd, 2015
So happy I left
Some words to describe my time at this office staff and with Dr. Sims; Rude staff, all about the money, careless, stand offish, rushed, horrible. Staff was short and rude with me, was all about the money. I would call the line to reach dr sims assistant when I had a question about something in my pregnancy, would never answer, and no matter how many voicemails I left I never would get a call back. Dr sims seems nice, but she always made me feel rushed, like she didn't want me there. Oh and the best part is, she would forget who I was even though I'm 8 months and been going to her since I first got pregnant. For example; She proceeded to say " it's been a while since you've been in here why is that?" I was like umm not really? I come when you schedule me. She said " it's been over 6 weeks hasn't it?" And I said "no..... I just saw you two weeks ago." All she said was oh. She also Forgot a total of THREE, yes three times what the gender of my baby was, as if I never had told her! When in reality I told her a week after I knew! Here we are 8 months in and she still can't remember. She's very non personable, just emotionally detached when it comes to pregnancy, and always rushed me. Very factual, made me feel like I needed to do and walk right on the dotted line or else something could go wrong in the pregnancy. Im 33 weeks pregnant, and she had the nerve to tell me that if my baby is born pre term before my due date, something will most likely be wrong will her. That was the last straw. I'm 7 weeks away from my due date and I switched offices and I couldn't be happier!! My new office is so kind and great and make you feel so welcome and even make you laugh. My new doctor is amazing!!!! Just met him today at my first appointment there and I can't tell you how much he made my morning. So caring! So welcoming! Everything it should be. I wish I switched a long time ago! 😊 I Don't recommend that office or dr sims to anyone. Unless you just don't care about your pregnancy and you want the same in return, then go there.

December 7th, 2015
Great Doctor!
Wonderful doctor for me, I have moved farther away and travel to see her now.

October 28th, 2015
They don't care about the wellness of their patients. The staff/ medical assistant are rude and unprofessional. Definitely not worth recommending.

October 19th, 2015
Rude doctor
Rude and disrespectful. I would not recommend.

July 25th, 2014
I think Dr Sims is great. She has taken excellent care of me during my pregnancy

September 12th, 2013
Excellent Physician
Dr. Sims is a GREAT physician. She is courteous and really care about the whole patient.

October 19th, 2011
Straightforward but positive
I went in with symptoms for which the worst case would have been cancer. She acknowledged the possibility but also gave me a list of other possibilities saying that the odds were that it would be something other than cancer. She explained the tests she requested very thoroughly so that I was involved and understood every step of the process. One of the tests was very painful, and she acknowledged my pain and kept working, telling me where she was and letting me know she would be finished soon. Her style of patient care matches my needs very well.