3.0

So happy I left show details So happy I left
by Kass on Dec 22nd, 2015

Some words to describe my time at this office staff and with Dr. Sims; Rude staff, all about the money, careless, stand offish, rushed, horrible. Staff was short and rude with me, was all about the money. I would call the line to reach dr sims assistant when I had a question about something in my pregnancy, would never answer, and no matter how many voicemails I left I never would get a call back. Dr sims seems nice, but she always made me feel rushed, like she didn't want me there. Oh and the best part is, she would forget who I was even though I'm 8 months and been going to her since I first got pregnant. For example; She proceeded to say " it's been a while since you've been in here why is that?" I was like umm not really? I come when you schedule me. She said " it's been over 6 weeks hasn't it?" And I said "no..... I just saw you two weeks ago." All she said was oh. She also Forgot a total of THREE, yes three times what the gender of my baby was, as if I never had told her! When in reality I told her a week after I knew! Here we are 8 months in and she still can't remember. She's very non personable, just emotionally detached when it comes to pregnancy, and always rushed me. Very factual, made me feel like I needed to do and walk right on the dotted line or else something could go wrong in the pregnancy. Im 33 weeks pregnant, and she had the nerve to tell me that if my baby is born pre term before my due date, something will most likely be wrong will her. That was the last straw. I'm 7 weeks away from my due date and I switched offices and I couldn't be happier!! My new office is so kind and great and make you feel so welcome and even make you laugh. My new doctor is amazing!!!! Just met him today at my first appointment there and I can't tell you how much he made my morning. So caring! So welcoming! Everything it should be. I wish I switched a long time ago! 😊 I Don't recommend that office or dr sims to anyone. Unless you just don't care about your pregnancy and you want the same in return, then go there.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
by Kimberly on Dec 7th, 2015

Wonderful doctor for me, I have moved farther away and travel to see her now.

Oct 28th, 2015

They don't care about the wellness of their patients. The staff/ medical assistant are rude and unprofessional. Definitely not worth recommending.

Rude doctor show details Rude doctor
Oct 19th, 2015

Rude and disrespectful. I would not recommend.

Jul 25th, 2014

I think Dr Sims is great. She has taken excellent care of me during my pregnancy

Excellent Physician show details Excellent Physician
by Renita Williams Thomas on Sep 12th, 2013

Dr. Sims is a GREAT physician. She is courteous and really care about the whole patient.

Straightforward but positive show details Straightforward but positive
Oct 19th, 2011

I went in with symptoms for which the worst case would have been cancer. She acknowledged the possibility but also gave me a list of other possibilities saying that the odds were that it would be something other than cancer. She explained the tests she requested very thoroughly so that I was involved and understood every step of the process. One of the tests was very painful, and she acknowledged my pain and kept working, telling me where she was and letting me know she would be finished soon. Her style of patient care matches my needs very well.

HORRIBLE!!!!!! show details HORRIBLE!!!!!!
Sep 4th, 2011

IT WAS MY FIRST PREGNANCY AND I HAD VERY BAD MORNING SICKNESS I THREW UP EVERYDAY ALL DAY AND I MY WORK ENVIROMENT WAS VERY CRAZY BC I WORK AS A GUARD AND SHE ACTED AS IF SHE DIDNT WANT ME TO GO ON A LIGHT SHIFT WHILE GOING THROUGH THIS TOUGH PREGNANCY AND ALSO ACTED AS IF SHE DIDNT WANT ME TO GO ON A LEAVE FROM WORK AROUND MY DUE DATE ALL BC SHE ADVISED ME THAT SHE WENT HER WHOLE NINE MONTHS WORKING... HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE AND I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THE BATON ROUGE GENERAL HOSPITAL EITHER ITS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay Doctor show details Okay Doctor
Jul 30th, 2011

Dr Sims seems to be an excellent doctor at first but after years of seeing her, I had a complicated pregancy and she brushed me off like I wasn't important. I complained of bleeding and cramping to her early in my pregancy and she wrote me off like I was having a miscarriage, when I was actually having an ectopic pregancy. I had to go to another doctor that took immediate action and helped me with my issue.

Great Clinician show details Great Clinician
Jan 12th, 2011

Dr. Sims is an excellent physician. She was able to quickly diagnose my condition and offer solutions to surgery. Great physician. Great bedside manner.

Making Appointment show details Making Appointment
Aug 12th, 2010

I have been with you for 9 years. I came into your office on my schedule appt with was 08/12/2010 to see the nurse for my first stage of my pregenacy. I was told that I was not able to keep my appointment because I had to paid the co-pay of $90 today before my appointment. When making the the appointment I informed the reception that I had a different insurance. She stated to me that she contact my old insurance and they informed her they no longer carrie us. All this to say is that I should have be able to see the nurse or doctor and the office could have bill me later. I was so mad with this office.

DO NOT GO TO HER OR THAT OFFICE!! Rude and unprofessional! show details DO NOT GO TO HER OR THAT OFFICE!! Rude and unprofessional!
by Heather on Apr 16th, 2010

I have seen Dr. Sims one time and I thought she was a decent doctor, although the staff were very rude. I will never go back there again because 2 days ago I called to make an appointment because I had been having abdominal pain for three days and I needed to see a doctor the next morning. When I called I was told I couldn't come in the next morning because Dr. Sims is not in on Thursdays, so I asked if I could see Dr. Alicia Taylor, the other doctor in the office. I was told by the secretary that I could not because they didn't EXCHANGE patients!! What?! I was in pain and I needed to see a doctor the next day and she told me NO! She didn't even chck to see if Dr. Taylor had availability, she just told me NO. I was so upset and had to call another doctor I've never seen, who was able to see me the next morning. I will NEVER step foot in that office again! Do NOT go there, they are rude and unprofessional and I am going to file a complaint with the AMA.

First Impressions show details First Impressions
Mar 2nd, 2010

The waiting room was neat and pleasant. Office staff behind the window was courteous and efficient. My initial exam was thorough and efficient. Dr. Sims answers all my questions and provided a good plan of care. Dr. Sims was very open and spent 15-20 mins discussing my options for care and next steps. In part, our discussion may have gone really well because of my research which prepared me for the visit and allowed me to ask detailed questions.This was my first visit to Dr. Sims.

Unprofessional Staff/Very Unconcerned Dr. show details Unprofessional Staff/Very Unconcerned Dr.
by anonymous on Nov 6th, 2009

This Dr. has horrible bed side manners, the staff there are very rude, and does not respond to your urgent needs in a timely manner. I was referred by a family friend to another Dr. and noticed a huge difference immediately. My needs were well taken care of, the staff were very friendly and the midwife was excellent.