Dr. Lyle Micheli MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Boston, MA

• Good
  • Bad

January 9th, 2016
He treated me like I was a part of his family..!!!!

June 5th, 2015
Waited hours to not be seen
After traveling over an hour to get to his office for a follow appointment, we waited over two hours for our appointment and, in the end, never got to see him because we finally had to leave so my daughter, the patient could travel the hour back home in order to get to tryouts, where they are penalized if they are late (how ironic). Despite checking in every 15 minutes for an update, we were never told he was running literally hours behind. It was always "there is one person ahead of you" or "someone will be with you shortly" so we kept thinking we were on the verge of being seen. After an hour they said if we did not want to wait we could reschedule, despite the fact that we had scheduled this appointment weeks in advance, left school early, driven an hour and wasted an hour waiting already, with no guarantee this would not happen a second time!! Exceptionally poor and completely unacceptable treatment by office staff and doctor towards a young child with an injury! We respect his medical ability but not this kind of disrespect of patients, let alone complete disregard for their time. They even tried to make me feel bad for being angered by the wait by saying he was late because of surgery on a young ballerina that went longer than expected. No one followed up or apologized for this exceptionally poor service.

March 1st, 2015
Would and have recommended him to many patients. My son had ACL repair and he was superb.

December 23rd, 2014
outstanding !!!! Both the doctor and staff !

March 2nd, 2014
Dr. Micheli is the greatest!
If you need a great orthopedic surgeon, look no further than Dr. Micheli - he is the absolute BEST! I came to him several years ago after an awful experience with another surgeon that completely destroyed my foot. Dr. Micheli knew immediately what was wrong, and although it's been a very long road to recovery -- six surgeries and multiple cortisone injections so far, with one last surgery planned for later this year -- it's been completely worth it. He has literally made it so that I can walk normally again; after being operated on by my previous surgeon and being in so much pain that I found it impossible to walk down the street, I can't even tell you how amazing I feel now. Dr. Micheli is one of the most patient people I've ever met in my life, and although he is very busy, he always takes time to answer each and every one of my questions. He is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet, and his talent is truly incredible. I adore this guy; he has literally changed my life and made it possible for me to walk "normally" again - I'd recommend him to anyone!!!

December 9th, 2013
LOVE Dr. Micheli!!!
Dr. Micheli is THE BEST!!! I've had lots of experience with orthopedic surgeons (one phenomenal, one horrible), and Dr. Micheli is -- hands down -- the absolute best doctor. Not only is this man an absolute genius, but he's super nice and down-to-earth too. He explains things in medical terminology, which is what I prefer; each time I have surgery with him, he also explains things in lay terms for my parents or the person accompanying me. Sometimes, it feels like he doesn't spend that much time with me, but even so, he still answers any and all questions that I have. I couldn't ask for a better doctor!!! Thanks for keeping me pain-free, Dr. Micheli! You're the best!!!

November 1st, 2013
Best Knee Surgeon Around

May 22nd, 2013
Foot, knee & shoulders
Dr. Micheli has been putting me back together since I was 12. He has always explained everything to me in doctor speak AND plain english. I wish all doctors would listen to their patients as well as he does.

April 21st, 2013
THE DOCTOR THAT HAS SPREAD HIS TALENT TO DOCTORS Across the world!
My son Had A shoulder problem ! Injury! from Hockey! hyper extended the shoulder ! Like everyone else should do your homework! when comes to your health! thanks to my sister law! who was a nurse! then the rest was history! been beck few time to children's Hospital !!!!! the whole practice there is good ! HE has taught more doctors, doctors ! helping people world wide! thanks

April 16th, 2013
WAS A PATIENT OF DR MICHELI BACK AT AGE 13 NOW 48 HE TREATED ME BACK THEN WITH SCOLOSIS .MY FAMULY AND I TRAVELED FROM NY HEARING HE WAS THE BEST. HE SURELY WAS AND PROBABLY STILL IS AS I REMAIN IN GREAT SPINE HEALTH THANKS TO HIS EXERCISE PROGRAMS AND HALF BACK BRACE. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOU DR LYLE

April 7th, 2013
I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel
I've been dealing with knee problems for the past 3-4 years. I originally went to New England Orthopedic surgeons in Springfield, MA, and after 4 surgeries to fix my case of Osteochondritis Dissecans and the complications that stemmed from it, I was told that I was going to have to live with my knee problems or have major realignment surgery of my leg. Once we heard that, we turned to CHB, coming to see Dr. Micheli at the recommendation of my uncle. After seeing him once, he'd noticed a large piece of dead cartilage in my knee that no one had seen before and said it was an extremely routine procedure to fix it and told us that it may require a cartilage transplant but we wouldn't know until he went in for the first surgery (My 5th overall), and I did end up finding out I'll be needing a second one (6th overall). Right now he's working closely with us in order to finally fix the problem that never seemed to end and as he said himself "I think we're finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for you." I'm going in for another appointment this week to talk about having my (hopefully) final surgery to fix my knee problems and I don't know if I'd be this hopeful if it wasn't for Dr. Micheli. Out of the 3 surgeons I've had, he's by far the best surgeon and he's helped me a great deal. I plan on continuing to see him for my knee problems in the future if they arise again after this surgery and would highly recommend him. My only complaint is the long wait for his appointments (Even once having to wait for him to perform emergency surgery before we could see him), but I understand as he is very busy, seeing patients and operating at multiple hosiptals.

March 1st, 2013
PHENOMENAL
Dr. Micheli is an absolutely amazing doctor -- definitely one of the best I've ever been to, and trust me, I've been to quite a few in my 22 years. I was born with a few weak muscles below my hip, so I've required several orthopedic surgeries (I've also had open heart surgery -- all total, I've had 9 surgeries). Anyway, I had a terrific pediatric surgeon; I absolutely ADORED him. When I turned 18, though, I went to an "adult" surgeon that came (supposedly) highly recommended. Well, let's just say that because of the operation with my new "adult" surgeon in 2010, I've been in nothing but absolute agony since then. I finally called my pediatric surgeon in tears and asked him to help, and he told me to see Dr. Micheli. This guy is literally the BEST. I've had 3 surgeries with him so far (and I don't believe I'll need any more, but we'll see), and I feel SO much better. I can't even tell you. When I first complained multiple times to my first "adult" surgeon (from 2010) that I was in extreme pain, he brushed me off and essentially said I was crazy. When I met with Dr. Micheli, I was incredibly nervous because I had lost virtually all faith in doctors at that point as a result of my horrible operation in 2010. Literally within 30 seconds, Dr. Micheli correctly diagnosed why I was having problems. I am absolutely horrified of surgery, but each time Dr. Micheli has made me feel incredibly comfortable. I absolutely think the world of him and I recommend him to anyone! He's the best! Thank you, Dr. Micheli, for everything you do!