Dr. Lynda Yang MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Ann Arbor, MI

2.6

December 11th, 2016
One of the worst experiences ever. I scheduled a follow up appt and was never seen by Dr. Yang. Nothing but excuses! Connie lies and covers for Dr Yang. Phone calls are not returned. Staff members do not make an effort to be helpful and honest. Always an excuse.

September 14th, 2016
Very unprofessional staff. No one listens! I left in tears. I was supposed to see Dr. Yang but I was seen by someone else that didnt have a clue what was gping on. Terrible experience. The staff is RUDE

September 30th, 2014
Never even saw the doctor
My daughter was referred by another neurosurgeon to Dr Yang for her specialty in paraspinal tumors. Although we had little wait time in waiting room, we were kept waiting in the exam room for far too long. When someone finally came in, it was a Nurse Practitioner who informed us we would not see the doctor. She performed a mini-neuro exam (something I've done myself as a nurse) and told us to schedule a follow up appt. We were asked to provide MRI CDs several weeks in advance of the appt but when we arrived we were told no one had taken the time to view them. I was thoroughly disappointed in our visit but can hardly comment on Dr Yang's bedside manner, etc since we never even met her, and we didn't bother with following up with her and returned to the referring doc. Now it seems we have little choice but to try again as my daughter's tumors have grown and surgery is the only option according to the referring doc (who we love, BTW). Not looking forward to returning to this office.

September 11th, 2013
Failed Surgery
Dr Lynda Yang, is a very incompetent doctor. I had a laminectomy done by her, my condition got worst after the procedure. My nerve pain and numbness in my leg increased from day one of surgery up until I went to ER and requested an MRI, that was the only time I learned that I got reherniation that is 2-3X worst than before the surgery. I understand that there are some chances of getting reherniation after the surgery. But what frustrates me the most was, I kept calling her office and reporting my unbearable pain and numbness in my leg,The response I was getting all the time was, the pain and numbness are expected because of the swelling with post op. So her nurse just prescribed me more steroids and more stronger narcotic medicine over the phone without checking me.. I asked to have my appointment with Dr Yang to be moved earlier, since she is not schedule to see me for several more weeks. But yet her nurses ignored my request and my reports of increasing pain and numbness. If I was not taken to ER, I would still probably suffering, believing with her nurses that those pain and numbness are normal because of swelling. But 3 weeks had past from my day of surgery, they still saying the same. I am glad I went to different surgeon and had surgery right away, It is unbelievable, after the microdisectomy that was done by this doctor, I able to walk home with no more nerve pain and numbness. I was just a little sore from the incision site but other than than I am now feeling good, I am not taking anymore narcotic meds. What a huge difference, my experience from Dr Yang to the one that did my 2nd surgery. I am discouraging anyone who wants to have their back done by Dr Yang.