Lynette M Furukawa MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

June 12th, 2015
Best Doctor
My daughter and I are both patients. I am in my 50's and she is 21. We go to Dr. Furukawa because she makes us feel comfortable. I know she's very competent in her field but most importantly she keeps me accountable for staying healthy. She doesn't just tell me I should do something she tells me why and my consequences. She is also caring. When my mother died I was in a bad place in my life. She could sense it and after several questions she realized I was mourning and that visit became one of compassion and she became my friend. She told me don't worry about the vitals right now, we need to work on your mentally and spiritually health. I will be forever grateful.

June 12th, 2015
I have read the previous reviews submitted and cannot believe the negativity. I have been a patient of Dr. Furukawa for 30+ years. In all that time she has been nothing but gentle, thorough, caring about my current and past life & home situation. Not too many doctors show this interest. Soon she will be retiring and I am very upset about that. After so many years, this is not going to be an easy adjustment. Thank you Dr. Furukawa for all we have been thru and for all you have brought me thru. I am going to miss you.

July 23rd, 2012
I was a patient of hers for couple yrs. Negative experience. She asked me "What's the matter with you?" in a condescending, arrogant manner. She said I was a "salmon going upstream" - because I make things harder on myself because I ask too many questions.Would not recommend Dr. Furukawa, unless you enjoy being verbally and pyschologically abused.

July 10th, 2012
Excellent physician!
Dr. Furukawa has been my OBGYN for over 27 years. She's very thorough and caring. She has a very gentle way of making her patients feel comfortable especially during the most sensitive situations. I've always been very fortunate that she was referred to me by my friend. She's a physician with the highest standards and truly gift in the medical field.

February 16th, 2012
First time = AWFUL
She made my first time very uncomfortable. She made it seem like it should be easy for a patient to undress. Did not like her attitude.

December 13th, 2011
Terible bedside manner
She is condescending and arrogant. Do not expect any kindness from her. I spoke with two other patients who are used to her abusive behavior and they dismissed as: It's just her. I don't think there is any excuse for rudeness and treating a patient as if they are petulant children. While she is knowledgeable, it is overcome with her flat out "I'm smarter than you are" attitude. Too bad.