Dr. Lynn Canavan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lynn Canavan?

Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. Lynn Canavan?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 23rd, 2017

Exceeds the standards in her profession

After receiving the unexpected diagnosis of breast cancer at 41 with a husband & 4 children at home, I was devastated & terrified. As an RN, I immediately started gathering information from my professional network on who was THE BEST in the field. Dr. Canavan's name kept coming up from every resource that I contacted. I am very happy that I chose her for my surgeon & would go back again in a heartbeat! As I've seen mentioned in other reviews, she may not be overly personal & warm/fuzzy, but she is extremely knowledgeable & highly respected by peers as well as nationally recognized. She is one of the best in her field & I choose that over a hug or sugar coated information any day.

March 16th, 2017

PROFESSIONALISM

Dr. Canavan explained everything that I needed to know about my breast cancer and the treatment I would receive in an extremely professional manner using words that were easy to understand. She was thorough, kind, confident, and knowledgeable. She made me feel comfortable that I was under the best care available.

September 29th, 2016

Outstanding doctor and staff

If I had to go through this again, Dr Canavan would still be my choice.

May 26th, 2016

Worst doctor ever

February 29th, 2016

While I like the doctor, most of my visits since surgery have been with her nurses rather than her. I have had some communication issues scheduling procedures as well.

September 23rd, 2015

Couldn't ask for more.

Dr. Canavan was very professional and supportive to me during my bout with breast cancer. She is highly respected by her peers as I learned while dealing with other doctors. She seems to always be using the latest techniques and information.

September 17th, 2015

Dr. Canavan is the best surgeon ever! Highly recommend!

Dr. Canavan is an amazing surgeon! I found her very professional, she answered all my questions and she may not be lovey dovey but she knows what she is doing. Dr. Canavan removed all my cancer and now you can hardly even tell I had surgery. I would highly recommend her to anyone, she definitely eased my mind and I knew I was in good hands after our first meeting.

June 6th, 2015

Choosing the best

She is not only the best at curing her patients but always there for me and she listens, understands and supports. Such wonderful person and great doctor! She really knows everything. Thank you Dr. Canavan for all you have done for me!

April 8th, 2015

Dr. Canavan and her staff are amazing. She's made breast cancer bearable!!!

February 22nd, 2015

Do not recommend this doctor at all

Huge wait times, donot discuss the results thoroughly, always in rush, donot understand patient emotions and absolutely no smile on her face

October 14th, 2014

No bedside manners

Dr canavan is the worst. Her bedside manners are awful! She is rude, doesn't listen to concerns, and in a hurry. I questioned something asking about the other breast and she said it would be impossible to get an infection with how many antibiotics I was on. I developed an infection and was too scared to call her to let her know. Then she got mad at me for not calling her earlier. I told her how she made me feel like an idiot and she didn't listen to me the first time. She felt bad, but was rude again at my final visit. Also, the wait is ridiculous. I sat in the lobby from 45 min to 70 min and in a room from 35-45 min. Worst doctor ever.

July 30th, 2014

Most Uncaring Doctor!!

My appt. was made but I waited 2 1/2 hrs. and may have waited longer had I not asked what happened. This must have made the staff and doctor angry. The doctor did not introduce herself or say a word. She checked my breast which I was concerned about and left the room. She spent maybe 3-4 minutes with me total. When she returned, she said an appt. was made for mammogram she also said I needed a MRI. The mammogram was performed the next day. I went by the doctor's office since it was in the same building to ask about the MRI. The staff said one was being set up. 3-4 weeks later, I had not heard from them about a MRI. I went to another doctor I knew and a MRI and needle biopsy was performed within a couple of days after seeing him. Several months later, I did hear from the hospital regarding the MRI. How funny! Doctor Canavan and staff were very rude and did not care! They never asked for a return visit to talk about the mammogram and sonogram and I don't care! My better results came from the MRI and needle biopsy anyway. I will never go back. I do not recommend Dr. Canavan to anyone especially when there are other good doctors with great bedside manners out there. Also, it is helpful to have a courteous staff when you are sick. By the way, I have never written a negative report on anyone before now.