Dr. Lynn Chang MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

September 14th, 2010
Dr. Chang is by far the greatest doctor I have ever met. Not just greatest surgeon. Greatest *doctor*. Never before have I seen any doctor care so much and so genuinely about his patients -- and believe me, between having cancer (Hodgkin's disease: surgery, chemo, and radiation) and Achalasia, I've seen dozens.Dr. Chang always goes the extra mile. He gives out his direct contact information (office, cell, home, email). He explains everything and thoroughly answers all of your questions. He expedites. He cuts red tape. He's incredibly knowledgeable without even the slightest hint of ego. He's honest, helpful, skilled, and selfless. He is totally on your side (and not just for cute girls either -- as you can see, I am not one).I can't tell you the number of doctors I've met that exhibit at least 2 or 3 of the following unhelpful attributes: aloof/distant, egotistical, sloppy/forgetful, stubborn, and downright incorrect. Dr. Chang has NONE of these. In fact, there is seriously not a single thing I can think of that is wrong with him AT ALL, and I'm a highly critical person. It sounds too good to be true, but he is truly everything you could ever wish for in a doctor.I met Dr. Chang a few years ago when I needed a Heller Myotomy. He had never done one before which made me a little nervous, but once I learned he was very experienced with laparoscopic surgeries in that general esophagus/stomach area in general, I was ok. The surgery went perfectly. There was a bit of follow-up shortly afterwards: tests needed to be done and I had a lot of questions. When I told him there was a part of a lab test that I really hated, he actually showed up at my lab appointment and told the lab guys to stop once he had what he needed.Years later, he hasn't changed a wink. I moved to southern CA and got a new job that didn't offer Kaiser, so I had to switch and my Kaiser membership expired. Recently, I needed a refill on the prescription he had originally written, and after I left a message with his receptionist, he personally called me up, left a voicemail with his direct #, and when I called back he confirmed everything I needed and even offered to call in the rx to the non-kaiser pharmacy directly!! I said I didn't have that # handy because I thought he was restricted to sending prescriptions to Kaiser-only pharmacies, so he said to just email him with the info of the pharmacy of my choice, and gave me his email address. He not only called it in, but sent me emails before and after to keep me posted on the status.If you ever find yourself in the fortunate position of having Dr. Chang as an option, OMG CHOOSE HIM!!! The prospect of regret is just unthinkable.Thank you, Dr. Chang. May a million doctors be molded in your image! =)