Surgical Specialist, Plastic Surgery Specialist
Video profile

Jul 19th, 2016

Real straight shooting physician, patient centric, no nonsensical follow ups unless patient requested. Excellent information.

Mar 28th, 2016

amazing Dr.. loved how she treated us and did amazing work

Mar 9th, 2016

I found Dr. Derby to quite rude. My procedure was something I was very nervous about and she could not have had worse bed side manner if she tried. I literally left her office crying more than once. I felt degraded by her and her staff.

Nov 29th, 2015

Dr Lynn Derby is the only plastic surgeon that I will ever go to. She has done a couple of procedures for me and I'm very pleased with the results. She is professional and takes the time with you. I would highly recommend her if your considering any plastic surgery of any kind.

Mar 16th, 2015

At this point I believe the less I say the better. I absolutely hated my experience with Dr. Derby. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy see her. I was crying about the bad results I got and she was not comforting or apologetic. She told me I was rude when she left the room. I have no clue how she is still in practice.

Jul 31st, 2014

I am at a complete loss regarding the negative reviews for Dr. Derby. I found her to be very professional compassionate and kind. Plus she's done twoprocedures on me both have been very successful and I've had a good experience. Don't understand the negative reviews at all.

Best doctor/surgeon I have ever spoken to.... show details Best doctor/surgeon I have ever spoken to....
by Paden on May 6th, 2014

She was so professional and helpful. I felt completely confident in her abilities before she even performed the breast reduction on me. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who suffers from huge breasts and back pain like I did.

Awful experience show details Awful experience
Apr 14th, 2014

Without a doubt the worst experience I've ever had with a doctor. I would absolutely not recommend! I'm devastated at the amount of money I saved for this procedure that I may as well have flushed down the toilet.

Not satisfied show details Not satisfied
Feb 20th, 2014

Overall I am very disappointed in the experience I had here. Staff is incredible rude with the exception of one nurse. Dr. Derby is very self centered and likes to talk about her own procedures she had done. I am going to have to see another doctor to correct the problem she failed to do. My procedure was pretty minor (light lipo) and I can't believe I have to go through the surgery process again. She took off barely any fat. I'm am just so upset with this place. They are also very dismissive of my concerns. I have voiced how upset I am and they just tell me it looks fine. It doesn't look fine. Even my family has told me it looks exactly the same as before. Total waste of money. Would not reccomend this place to anyone.

An Excellent Choice! show details An Excellent Choice!
Feb 5th, 2013

I was very nervous about having cosmetic surgery. Dr Derby and her staff exuded competence and put me at ease from the moment I walked in, My responsibilities as a patient and realistic outcome expectations were clearly outlined at my initial consultation. I have never waited more than 5 minutes for my appointments, even when I was early. Everyone in the office seemed genuinely happy to answer all of my "dumb" questions, before and after my surgery. When my appointments ran over because of all the questions I had, I never once felt rushed, and Dr. Derby was able to address all my concerns completely, even when I wasn't sure how to ask the question :-). The day of my surgery, all of the office staff was organized and ready before I arrived, and each of them spent time making me feel comfortable. Though my first follow-up appointment was scheduled for two weeks out, the staff encouraged me to call anytime with questions. The first week following my surgery, I did just that - every day. Judy, my nurse, answered each question happily, and never once sounded like she was rolling her eyes at me, even when I asked to come in just to make sure everything was OK :-) I am still in my recovery phase, but I have every confidence that I will end up with the best results possible, thanks to the skill and care of this wonderful staff. I will be returning to Dr. Derby if I decide to have cosmetic procedures in the future, and I would recommend this office to anyone considering plastic surgery

To a doctor that really cares. show details To a doctor that really cares.
by A very happy customer. on Oct 7th, 2010

I received exceptional care, both in the office and at the hospital. Everything was expained to me prior to the surgery. Your bedside manner was only outshinned by your expertise. Thank you for changing how I look and feel about myself

patient show details patient
by lks on Sep 26th, 2010

I have had the priviledge of having both reconstructive breast surgery after bilateral mastectomies, plus upper and lower eyelid surgery. In each case Dr. Derby was professional, caring and skillful. I am extremely pleased with results of both surgeries and have had numerous compliments on the outcomes. The nursing staff was attentive and professional. The overall care and treatment was tailored to my individual needs and I would recommend this medical team to everyone. You will not be disappointed, I know!

Breast reconstruction show details Breast reconstruction
Sep 19th, 2010

Lynn Derby,MD is a excellent physician! I had reconstuctive surgery following breast cancer. She has a great bedside mannner and was very caring! She was very thoughtful and helped me get thru one of the hardest times in my life. I know have my confidence restored after my breast reconstuction. Her staff was always pleasent and willing to get me in for appointments sometimes at a moments notice. I will definately refer my friends and be seeing her for some other procedures in the future. She went above and beyong to take care of me and for that I am very thankful!! Thanks Lynn, your the best!!

by Leslie on Sep 14th, 2010

I have had 3 surgeries/procedures by Dr. Derby and was more than satisfied. My results were amazing. Dr. Derby is very caring, compassionate and competent. I would definately recommend her to everyone and in fact I have.

Pleased!! show details Pleased!!
by jen on Sep 7th, 2010

I had my breast reduced and am very pleased with my new boobs. I feel like a 14 year old again. I am actually 35. I came from out of state to get my surgery. The only complaint is I wish they would have told me what to buy that I would need after my surgery since I do live out of state and half hour away from a town. Some of the things were sterile pads, alcohol, vit. e oil, scar treatment (which I had to drive 2 hours to get). Other than that I am very pleased with my boobs and should have done this surgery 10 years ago. :)

Fantastic Results - True Expert in Her Field show details Fantastic Results - True Expert in Her Field
Feb 19th, 2010

I have nothing but kudos and accolades to give to Dr. Lynn Derby and her professional staff. I am extremely happy with my results and am only 2 1/2 weeks post-op. I am 39 years old and I chose to have liposuction done on my stomache, flanks, inner and outer thighs and knees. I am still swollen and have some pain, but that is to be expected with such a major surgery. Dr. Derby was my second opinion, and the minute I sat down with her for my free consultation, I could tell by her enthusiasm, professionalism and confidence in her area of expertise, that she was the Dr. I would choose for my surgery. She took the time to explain every detail of what to expect during and after the surgery. I was very well informed about the decision I was about to make. Most importantly to me, is the fact that she did not try to to quote "make money" off of me. The previous Dr. had told me I needed a mini tummy tuck as well, but Dr. Derby said I didn't. She was right. My stomache looks great, very flat, skin is firm and no sagging. So basically she saved me $6000.00. I appreciate her honesty and integrity immensley!! As far as post-op aftercare, it was great as well. I had a problem with some major swelling in my ankle which concerned me. I made a call to the office, spoke with the very nice nurse, and she solved my problem very easily over the phone. I went in today for my first post-op appointment. I only waited 3 minutes to see Dr. Derby. She sat with me, asked me questions of how I was feeling and if I had any concerns; she checked my incisions, as well as the swelling and contouring, and said I looked great. I told her I felt great and am EXTREMELY pleased with the results and her work. I couldn't of had a better experience. Dr. Derby, along with her staff are professional, courteous and respectful of their clients needs. I would strongly refer and recommend them to anyone who is contemplating cosmetic surgery. In fact, I trust them so much, that I may revisit them for future surgeries.