Surgical Specialist, Plastic Surgery Specialist
235 E Rowan Ave
Ste 206
Spokane, WA 99207
509-484-1212
Locations and availability (2)

|  Liposuction  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2014

Dr. Derby was very professional and personable. She answered all my questions. I had a tummy tuck 3 years ago and was left with love handles on each side. Although I was happy with the tummy tuck the love handles had to go. I had the liposuction July 8, 2014. Even though it has only been 2 days I can see a huge difference and I am very happy with the results!

|  Best doctor/surgeon I have ever spoken to....  |  show details
by Paden on May 6th, 2014

She was so professional and helpful. I felt completely confident in her abilities before she even performed the breast reduction on me. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who suffers from huge breasts and back pain like I did.

|  Awful experience  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2014

Without a doubt the worst experience I've ever had with a doctor. I would absolutely not recommend! I'm devastated at the amount of money I saved for this procedure that I may as well have flushed down the toilet.

|  Not satisfied  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2014

Overall I am very disappointed in the experience I had here. Staff is incredible rude with the exception of one nurse. Dr. Derby is very self centered and likes to talk about her own procedures she had done. I am going to have to see another doctor to correct the problem she failed to do. My procedure was pretty minor (light lipo) and I can't believe I have to go through the surgery process again. She took off barely any fat. I'm am just so upset with this place. They are also very dismissive of my concerns. I have voiced how upset I am and they just tell me it looks fine. It doesn't look fine. Even my family has told me it looks exactly the same as before. Total waste of money. Would not reccomend this place to anyone.

|  Worst ever experience  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2013

I only gave this review a 1 star because i had to cuz i would not give any stars just a thumbs down!! I was so excited, 34 years old tubes tied, been saving money forever to get breast augmentation and waited 2 months for my first ever consultation and I was beyond excited I couldn't wait to meet dr derby. When I got to office I was texting my husband telling him how happy I was I'm finally going to do it. She comes in gets me and looks over my paperwork and found I have a pacemaker and stared by telling me that it would cost much more than expected due to precautions even tho I've had pacer for over 20 years for A fib, nothing major. Then she started critiquing me saying wow you have no breasts I told her that's why I am here and want this so bad I have always dreamed of having breasts. Then she tells me I am too skinny and she can see my ribs and wastes over an hour of my time criticizing me and trying on small a and b sizes saying she won't do anything bigger even tho I am 5'9 and 34 yrs old, I have had 5 kids. Anyways long story just know that she is not compassionate not friendly not truthful and very stuck up. She told me it would cost $18,000 for a $5,700 job just because of precautions come to find out after speaking with every plastic surgeon in Spokane that there is no extra charge all that is needed is an ok from my cardiologist so save your time and your money for someone who deserves it and will appreciate it because Lynn derby is NOT the one, I left crying. I felt like I was sexually assaulted humiliated and ugly I felt the lowest I've ever felt and I gave up hope until my husbands reassuring words convinced me to keep going. She is not a good person please believe this because when I left that office the feeling that was in my heavy heart I would wish on no one!

|  An Excellent Choice!  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2013

I was very nervous about having cosmetic surgery. Dr Derby and her staff exuded competence and put me at ease from the moment I walked in, My responsibilities as a patient and realistic outcome expectations were clearly outlined at my initial consultation. I have never waited more than 5 minutes for my appointments, even when I was early. Everyone in the office seemed genuinely happy to answer all of my "dumb" questions, before and after my surgery. When my appointments ran over because of all the questions I had, I never once felt rushed, and Dr. Derby was able to address all my concerns completely, even when I wasn't sure how to ask the question :-). The day of my surgery, all of the office staff was organized and ready before I arrived, and each of them spent time making me feel comfortable. Though my first follow-up appointment was scheduled for two weeks out, the staff encouraged me to call anytime with questions. The first week following my surgery, I did just that - every day. Judy, my nurse, answered each question happily, and never once sounded like she was rolling her eyes at me, even when I asked to come in just to make sure everything was OK :-) I am still in my recovery phase, but I have every confidence that I will end up with the best results possible, thanks to the skill and care of this wonderful staff. I will be returning to Dr. Derby if I decide to have cosmetic procedures in the future, and I would recommend this office to anyone considering plastic surgery

|  To a doctor that really cares.  |  show details
by A very happy customer. on Oct 7th, 2010

I received exceptional care, both in the office and at the hospital. Everything was expained to me prior to the surgery. Your bedside manner was only outshinned by your expertise. Thank you for changing how I look and feel about myself

|  patient  |  show details
by lks on Sep 26th, 2010

I have had the priviledge of having both reconstructive breast surgery after bilateral mastectomies, plus upper and lower eyelid surgery. In each case Dr. Derby was professional, caring and skillful. I am extremely pleased with results of both surgeries and have had numerous compliments on the outcomes. The nursing staff was attentive and professional. The overall care and treatment was tailored to my individual needs and I would recommend this medical team to everyone. You will not be disappointed, I know!

|  Helpful and caring Doctor.  |  show details
by Laura Krauth on Sep 21st, 2010

We were referred to Dr.Derby and couldnt be happier. We were able to get right in to see her. She treated our daughter, Kaineene wonderfully. She listened to our concerns and addressed each one. When our daughter had the scheduled surgery Dr.Derby met with us first and again explained what was going to happen. Kaileene was nervous and Dr. Derby put her at ease! THANK YOU DR.DERBY! We would HIGHLY recommend her as well as her staff!

|  Breast reconstruction  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2010

Lynn Derby,MD is a excellent physician! I had reconstuctive surgery following breast cancer. She has a great bedside mannner and was very caring! She was very thoughtful and helped me get thru one of the hardest times in my life. I know have my confidence restored after my breast reconstuction. Her staff was always pleasent and willing to get me in for appointments sometimes at a moments notice. I will definately refer my friends and be seeing her for some other procedures in the future. She went above and beyong to take care of me and for that I am very thankful!! Thanks Lynn, your the best!!

|  show details
by Leslie on Sep 14th, 2010

I have had 3 surgeries/procedures by Dr. Derby and was more than satisfied. My results were amazing. Dr. Derby is very caring, compassionate and competent. I would definately recommend her to everyone and in fact I have.

|  Pleased!!  |  show details
by jen on Sep 7th, 2010

I had my breast reduced and am very pleased with my new boobs. I feel like a 14 year old again. I am actually 35. I came from out of state to get my surgery. The only complaint is I wish they would have told me what to buy that I would need after my surgery since I do live out of state and half hour away from a town. Some of the things were sterile pads, alcohol, vit. e oil, scar treatment (which I had to drive 2 hours to get). Other than that I am very pleased with my boobs and should have done this surgery 10 years ago. :)

|  Fantastic Results - True Expert in Her Field  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2010

I have nothing but kudos and accolades to give to Dr. Lynn Derby and her professional staff. I am extremely happy with my results and am only 2 1/2 weeks post-op. I am 39 years old and I chose to have liposuction done on my stomache, flanks, inner and outer thighs and knees. I am still swollen and have some pain, but that is to be expected with such a major surgery. Dr. Derby was my second opinion, and the minute I sat down with her for my free consultation, I could tell by her enthusiasm, professionalism and confidence in her area of expertise, that she was the Dr. I would choose for my surgery. She took the time to explain every detail of what to expect during and after the surgery. I was very well informed about the decision I was about to make. Most importantly to me, is the fact that she did not try to to quote "make money" off of me. The previous Dr. had told me I needed a mini tummy tuck as well, but Dr. Derby said I didn't. She was right. My stomache looks great, very flat, skin is firm and no sagging. So basically she saved me $6000.00. I appreciate her honesty and integrity immensley!! As far as post-op aftercare, it was great as well. I had a problem with some major swelling in my ankle which concerned me. I made a call to the office, spoke with the very nice nurse, and she solved my problem very easily over the phone. I went in today for my first post-op appointment. I only waited 3 minutes to see Dr. Derby. She sat with me, asked me questions of how I was feeling and if I had any concerns; she checked my incisions, as well as the swelling and contouring, and said I looked great. I told her I felt great and am EXTREMELY pleased with the results and her work. I couldn't of had a better experience. Dr. Derby, along with her staff are professional, courteous and respectful of their clients needs. I would strongly refer and recommend them to anyone who is contemplating cosmetic surgery. In fact, I trust them so much, that I may revisit them for future surgeries.