Dr. Lynn Kowalski MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 21st, 2016
FemiLift Success after Cervical Cancer
I had cervical cancer and had to have a hysterectomy (total) and also have my ovaries removed. Although the surgeries did treat the cancer successfully, it left me not wanting to have sex with my husband. There was little feeling, no moisture and sex was painful. Dr. Kowalski suggested the FemiLift and boy did it work! My husband and I are back to where we were before the cancer. We don't need to use any lube and the feeling and desire has returned. Well worth the price!

June 20th, 2016
She is a excellent doctor.

December 29th, 2015
Dr. Lynn Kowalski is an incredible GYN Onocology Surgeon. I had a robotic arthroscopic hysterectomy Oct. 27, 2015. My friends who in the past had hysterectomies could not believe in 2 weeks I was pain free doing terrific. I never had bad pain. Dr. Kowalski is a breadth of knowledge in her profession unequaled in this area

June 23rd, 2015
Horrible experience
I was referred for a routine vaginal hysterectomy that turned into a nightmare! I was in a ton of pain after surgery and she refused to increase pain meds and released me right after doing a blood transfusion. I was sent home in agony and was told all my symptoms were " normal". Turns out they weren't! I had bleeding from the surgery requiring two more blood transfusions. To make matters worse she nicked my colon and my abdomen filled with ecoli infection. I almost died and spent a month in the hospital and six weeks on home health with IV antibiotics. She never took any responsibility for what she did. I am still struggling with this to this day! Do not go to her!

June 18th, 2015
She is a great Doctor.

May 12th, 2015
Very compassionate and has a great bedside manner after surgery and follow up. However, there have been times where I've waited too long in the office after my appointment time. Truly cares about me as a person, not just a patient.

January 27th, 2015
I hate to write this...
It's mixed feelings here. I do think Dr. Kowalski is a great surgeon. I do have to agree with all that is written here. I am thrilled to be in continual remission since 2011. I do believe it had all to do with the expert surgery, my port has been trouble free. Then we get to the bad things... there was a complication with drains from surgery, infection that she was not wanting to get involved with at all. The responsibility of maintaining the drains(3) that she placed during surgery, was completely mismanaged. I was readmitted due to the infection and the drains were removed by another great Dr. I must admit I wrote a note to Dr. Kowalski how upset both my husband and I were with her follow up care. I felt great with our 1st visit, then we had surgery, then it started going downhill quick. The time spent with me after surgery in the hospital was confusing, including extremely brief visits , and actual waving me off when I wanted any time with her. I did like her in the beginning, a lot, so this is hard to write. I still believe she is an excellent surgeon and has a lot to offer the surgical field, maybe the rest she could be encouraged to get some more training. I also have to say the chemo went perfect, and the port impresses everyone.

January 25th, 2015
Caring, patient, knowledgeable. Unbelievably fantastic surgery and surgeon.

March 14th, 2014
Retired
Dr Kowalski was knowledgeable, understanding and the skills to operate on me. I had stage 3 Ovarian Cancer when she operated on me 11/2011. Dr Kowalski knew how many Chemo treatments I need to be sure I did not have any cancer cells. I can say today I am cancer free. If you come to Dr. Kowalski you are getting the best.

February 2nd, 2014
I was very impressed with her knowledge on the fact I had the Braca 1 gene and that I had to have a hysterectomy to be sure I would not get ovarian cancer. (I am passed bearing children age) so it was a no brainer. She used the latest technology for the operation and had a specific team to do the operation. Dr. Kowalski saw me early the next morning after the operation and I felt I was in very competent hands.

August 11th, 2013
Very Pleased
Upon hearing that I had to have a hysterectomy (I have never had surgery before), Dr. Kowalski made me feel relaxed about it. I first asked her what my limitations would be right after surgery. She told me that I would be able to do most of the things I did before surgery, but slower. She also told me to go to YouTube and watch a video of the actual surgery. My husband and I did that the same day and to be very honest with you, I had no problems with what I saw I was going to go through. Right after surgery I had no pain and never needed to take pain pills. Dr. Kowalski is very professional and thorough and made me feel very confident in her skills.

July 30th, 2013
Couldn't ask for a better surgeon
I was referred to Dr. Lynn Kowalski by my OBGYN after carcinoma was found in a uterine biopsy. At my first appointment with Dr. Kowalski she did a quick physical exam then spent at least 30 minutes clarifying my family history of cancer and previous treatments, discussing the need to do more testing to determine whether it was uterine or cervical cancer (as the surgeries are very different), what both surgeries consisted of including any possible complication, what recovery for both surgeries was like and answering a long list of questions I had brought with me. At no time did I feel hurried and I was very impressed with her knowledge and communication skills. My second meeting with Dr. Kowalski was for a cone biopsy under anesthesia at Summerlin hospital. The results of this biopsy showed that my cancer was cervical and ‘in situ’ which meant that I could have the smaller of the two surgeries discussed in our first meeting, which was a great relief. The larger surgery also involved the bladder and bowel and had more possible complications. I really appreciated the doctor’s willingness to do the ‘mini’ surgery prior to my ‘big’ surgery so that in the end I had the least invasive treatment possible for my exact condition. My mini surgery was at Summerlin Hospital (Las Vegas) and the hysterectomy was scheduled for 2 days later at St. Rose Dominican Hospital as Dr. Kowalski was already scheduled for surgery at those hospitals on those days. This is where Mary, the scheduler at Dr. Kowalski’s office comes in. At pre-checkin at St. Rose the day before my hysterectomy it was discovered that my insurance company didn’t work with St. Rose Hospital. They do work with Summerlin hospital however. Somehow, at 4pm on Thursday Mary was able to reschedule my surgery for the following morning at Summerlin so it would be covered by my insurance. That brings up the point that Dr. Kowalski was willing to drive 25 minutes to Summerlin hospital to perform my surgery very early in the morning, then drive back to St. Rose Dominican to perform the other surgeries she had lined up for that day. I felt that was truly exceptional personal service. I also have to mention the very obvious respect the operating room staff have for Dr. Kowalski. I don’t know how many times they told me she was ‘thorough’ and ‘extremely cautious’ and ‘had strict attention to detail’. I couldn’t help but notice the aura of respect that surrounded Dr. Kowalski the minute she walked into pre-op. That gave me great peace of mind going into the surgery. I can’t forget Janice, the biller at Dr. Kowalski’s office. I really made it difficult for her too as I had just moved back to the US from Europe and my insurance company was still out of the UK! Not only was communication with a company in UK tricky, but then the claim went through a third party in New York City. Somehow Janice managed to get all the pieces together and my surgery was authorized and approved by my insurance company in time. When I phoned the New York office to thank them for their help with my claim, the representative in charge of ‘cost containment’ for the insurance company told me “You know, Dr. Kowalski is one of the top surgeons in Nevada” and is her job to find the best doctors and hospitals in urban areas and negotiate contracts with them on behalf of the insurance company. My hysterectomy was laparoscopic and robotic so there was no incision (only 4 little holes in my belly). I was never in great pain, even on the day of surgery (my knee op was much worse). I was in the hospital for overnight only. I was only on pain meds for 2 days then switched to Advil. I was walking the track at the gym within 10 days of surgery. I was told there could be some bleeding for a few weeks after – there was no bleeding at all. I was told there could be a lot of bruising around the incisions and there was very little. Dr. Kowalski is a very gifted, meticulous, compassionate and very gentle surgeon and I highly recommend her and her staff should the need arise.