Gynecologic Oncologist, Medical Oncologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

• Currently 3.1935483870968 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Retired  |  show details
by Mary R Morris on Mar 14th, 2014

Dr Kowalski was knowledgeable, understanding and the skills to operate on me. I had stage 3 Ovarian Cancer when she operated on me 11/2011. Dr Kowalski knew how many Chemo treatments I need to be sure I did not have any cancer cells. I can say today I am cancer free. If you come to Dr. Kowalski you are getting the best.

by Valerie Fryatt on Feb 2nd, 2014

I was very impressed with her knowledge on the fact I had the Braca 1 gene and that I had to have a hysterectomy to be sure I would not get ovarian cancer. (I am passed bearing children age) so it was a no brainer. She used the latest technology for the operation and had a specific team to do the operation. Dr. Kowalski saw me early the next morning after the operation and I felt I was in very competent hands.

|  Dr Kowalski is a great and trust worthy surgeon!  |  show details
by Amber G on Feb 2nd, 2014

I had my hysterectomy, and large mass removal done in Sept 2013. After feeling very uncomfortable, confused, and un easy with the 1st oncologist I went to, I went for a second opinion with Dr Kowalski. I am SO thankful I did. She is VERY informative, honest and straight foward. She took all the time I need to answer all of my questions, and explain every thing to a TEE. Surgery went great, along with recovery and healing! Would highly recommend her!

|  Very Pleased  |  show details
by Sande O on Aug 11th, 2013

Upon hearing that I had to have a hysterectomy (I have never had surgery before), Dr. Kowalski made me feel relaxed about it. I first asked her what my limitations would be right after surgery. She told me that I would be able to do most of the things I did before surgery, but slower. She also told me to go to YouTube and watch a video of the actual surgery. My husband and I did that the same day and to be very honest with you, I had no problems with what I saw I was going to go through. Right after surgery I had no pain and never needed to take pain pills. Dr. Kowalski is very professional and thorough and made me feel very confident in her skills.

|  Couldn't ask for a better surgeon  |  show details
by Diana H on Jul 30th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Lynn Kowalski by my OBGYN after carcinoma was found in a uterine biopsy. At my first appointment with Dr. Kowalski she did a quick physical exam then spent at least 30 minutes clarifying my family history of cancer and previous treatments, discussing the need to do more testing to determine whether it was uterine or cervical cancer (as the surgeries are very different), what both surgeries consisted of including any possible complication, what recovery for both surgeries was like and answering a long list of questions I had brought with me. At no time did I feel hurried and I was very impressed with her knowledge and communication skills. My second meeting with Dr. Kowalski was for a cone biopsy under anesthesia at Summerlin hospital. The results of this biopsy showed that my cancer was cervical and ‘in situ’ which meant that I could have the smaller of the two surgeries discussed in our first meeting, which was a great relief. The larger surgery also involved the bladder and bowel and had more possible complications. I really appreciated the doctor’s willingness to do the ‘mini’ surgery prior to my ‘big’ surgery so that in the end I had the least invasive treatment possible for my exact condition. My mini surgery was at Summerlin Hospital (Las Vegas) and the hysterectomy was scheduled for 2 days later at St. Rose Dominican Hospital as Dr. Kowalski was already scheduled for surgery at those hospitals on those days. This is where Mary, the scheduler at Dr. Kowalski’s office comes in. At pre-checkin at St. Rose the day before my hysterectomy it was discovered that my insurance company didn’t work with St. Rose Hospital. They do work with Summerlin hospital however. Somehow, at 4pm on Thursday Mary was able to reschedule my surgery for the following morning at Summerlin so it would be covered by my insurance. That brings up the point that Dr. Kowalski was willing to drive 25 minutes to Summerlin hospital to perform my surgery very early in the morning, then drive back to St. Rose Dominican to perform the other surgeries she had lined up for that day. I felt that was truly exceptional personal service. I also have to mention the very obvious respect the operating room staff have for Dr. Kowalski. I don’t know how many times they told me she was ‘thorough’ and ‘extremely cautious’ and ‘had strict attention to detail’. I couldn’t help but notice the aura of respect that surrounded Dr. Kowalski the minute she walked into pre-op. That gave me great peace of mind going into the surgery. I can’t forget Janice, the biller at Dr. Kowalski’s office. I really made it difficult for her too as I had just moved back to the US from Europe and my insurance company was still out of the UK! Not only was communication with a company in UK tricky, but then the claim went through a third party in New York City. Somehow Janice managed to get all the pieces together and my surgery was authorized and approved by my insurance company in time. When I phoned the New York office to thank them for their help with my claim, the representative in charge of ‘cost containment’ for the insurance company told me “You know, Dr. Kowalski is one of the top surgeons in Nevada” and is her job to find the best doctors and hospitals in urban areas and negotiate contracts with them on behalf of the insurance company. My hysterectomy was laparoscopic and robotic so there was no incision (only 4 little holes in my belly). I was never in great pain, even on the day of surgery (my knee op was much worse). I was in the hospital for overnight only. I was only on pain meds for 2 days then switched to Advil. I was walking the track at the gym within 10 days of surgery. I was told there could be some bleeding for a few weeks after – there was no bleeding at all. I was told there could be a lot of bruising around the incisions and there was very little. Dr. Kowalski is a very gifted, meticulous, compassionate and very gentle surgeon and I highly recommend her and her staff should the need arise.

|  Dr. Kowalski and the Da Vinci Robot--What a great team!!!!!  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2013

On Jan. 23, 2013, I had surgery for endemetroid cancer. I was so fortunate and blessed to have this surgery performed by Dr. Kowalski. She is a gifted surgeon and I would recommend her to anyone. When I visited her in the office she was informative, straight-forward and very professional. She has a great bed-side manner, explained everything very clearly and always answered all my questions. The Dr. that referred me to Dr. Kowalski said that she was the very best in her field and I truly agree with her. My recovery after surgery was fantastic. I never took pain pills, Tylenol, etc., etc., after my surgery. I sometimes have to pinch myself to realize that I had such major surgery!!! My family and friends were astounded when they saw how well I was doing. The Da Vinci Robot System is so precise and less invasive and with Dr. Kowalski handling the controls and instruments, I knew I would be in very, very good and capable hands. As I mentioned before, Dr. Kowalski and the Da Vinci Robot make a fantastic team!!!!!!.

Oct 1st, 2012

Been going to Dr Kowalski for over a year. I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. She is straight forward and does not beat around the bush. I highly recommend her.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2012

Dr. Kowalski was recommended by my general gynecologist for surgery due to endometrial cancer. The experience in her office with her staff and Dr. Kowalski was very professional and very reassuring. She explained all procedures that would be done during my robotic hysterectomy. I was discharged from the hospital the day after surgery and resumed normal activities within one week. Her follow up care is also excellent and I have no worries. I have recommended her to several friends along with the robotic surgery option.

|  to recommend,excellent knowledge  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2012

Dr.Kowalksi has excellent knowledge of her profession and I could tell she loves her job. Within minutes she could tell me what was wrong with me and quickly scheduled surgery. She took her time to explain to me and my husband regarding the surgery process and post-op. She made sure I would schedule 2 follow-up office visits. I definitely would and did recommend this doctor. She saved my life. She is one of the best doctors I have ever met!!

|  Outstanding Experience  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

This was one of the most positive medical experiences ever! My first office visit was warm and professional and the surgery was 20 minutes of fantastic. I resumed all my normal activities the day after surgery and quit taking pain RX in 3 days. I would encourage ALL my friends in need of a hysterectomy to definitely consider this technique. I give the overall event my highest recomendation!

|  excellent  |  show details
May 18th, 2012

Great Dr-she is excellent in robotic surgery.Had female problems and she did this new surgery and the outcome was great- would highly reccomend her

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2012

She is an amazing surgeon.. I am so glad I found her to do my hysterectomy.

|  Great Doctor.  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Kowalski's for the past 14 years and I have found her to be the Best. I recommend her to anyone who asks, she is caring, up to date on the latest medical technology, very understanding, great bedside manner, professional, I could go on and on, Love my Dr., I thinks is the great!

|  dr lynn and me  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2012

i was diagnosed with 2 cancers by my first surgeon, dr w. volker. I am a registered nurse with over 25 years of experience in criticsal/emergency/trauma care. Frankly, I was terrified of the diagnosis. Now I am 3 months out from my second surgery, I can say with all honesty that I have an excellent onocological gynecologist. I am totally happy and the best is that I am returning to my staff position as an emergency department staff RN in the busiest hospital in the valley. I was so blessed to have her care and concern through out this journey on the "other side" of a gurney.

|  Outstanding doctor  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2012

Dr. Kowalski is outstanding. She is knowledgeable, caring and to the point. I was freaked out about seeing an oncologist and she made me feel at ease right away. I feel confident in the treatment plan and that she is up to date on the latest treatment options.I highly recommend her.

|  I wish i would of chose a diff Doctor  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2011

I had surg with this Dr, It was the worst experience of my life,the staff was so rude,this Dr scared me in feeling like it was a 911 to get into surg,then she cut me up and acted like it was no big deal,my belly button opened up n she didnt want to fix it and told me to go see a plastic surgeon really,its amazing to me that she still has her lic,I would NEVER recomend this women to do surg on my dog...

Jul 22nd, 2011

The surgery was okay but followup care from her became a life threatening experience which she tried to pass off as nothing of any concern. She operated on me on 4-5-11 and as of today, 7-22-11 I am still being packed because of her indifference to the length of time in leaving in the staples. As I stood up in her office after she removed the staples and blood was gushing down my body she told me it was just residual blood and not to worry Not to go to another Dr. but only to urgent care. The next morning at the hospital the Dr. there took photos and measured the open wound which was 9"long by 3.5" deep.

|  Good Doctor, HORRIBLE STAFF - seriously!  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2011

Dr. Kowolski is a great doctor in my opinion. I have been seeing her for at least 7 years or so. However, all the reviews that I read here, sad to say most of them are true. Almost all of them. 1st of, the minute you enter the office, a very offensive odor will slap you in the face & eventually go away as you adapt to the smell from waiting...and waiting... and more waiting...until your name get called. The staff is very rude. Often times I tell myself I would like to work in the medical office so there will be an excuse to be rude to people and almost tell them to F Off! Samantha, her nurse is terrible too! You cannot request anything from her & will make you wait 2 weeks to get to your request. Carrie is some new bee who is very unprofessional & likes to argue with the patients. Patients like me who are mature or older don't have time for this argument, we work. If the doctor wasn't so good or if I can find myself a great doctor as good as her, I wouldn't even be wasting my time. The frustration I get everytime I deal with them is not worth it!

|  oh my god  |  show details
Dec 28th, 2010

after she hacked me up. my cut looked like a ax wound and then the infection was terrible. this person should never be allowed to cut on anyone.

|  Recurrence  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2010

I had surgery by Dr. Kowalski for ovarian cancer 2 years ago and recurred. I felt that she did not remove all of the cancer that another doctor could've and didn't prepare me for the possiblity (which I later found out was very high) of a recurrence. I will never go back to her and now see Dr. Futoran. I feel much safer with him.

|  Looking for another doctor  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2010

I was completely panicked. My gynecologist had diagnosed a uterine cancer and sent me to Dr. Kowalski saying she was a Great Surgeon. Well, maybe she is but you can't tell by her manner or her attitude. What with the yelling that went on in her front desk and the swish and rush the "doctor" put me to, I can't say what I really would like to but I had enough and am going to find somebody else.