Dr. Lynn Nelson MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery West Des Moines, IA

3.9

October 28th, 2015
Dr. Nelson miss diagnosed where my pain was coming from in my low back and operated on L4&5 and L3&4 vertebrae when the pain was coming from L5 S1 Dr. Seal in Cedar Rapids performed a foraminotomy which gave me great relief

March 6th, 2015
Great Surgeon
I am very grateful to have had Dr. Nelson and his two physians assistances wonderful Dr. He did both my neck and back fusion he was so caring , never hurried when in my room, was as kind . All in all a wonderful Doctor.

October 31st, 2013
Highly Recommend
It is not possible for me to recommend Lynn Nelson enough. He fought for me with the work comp insurance company and took very good care of me before, during, and after my surgery. No regrets here. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this guy.

January 21st, 2011
This is the surgeon to see
Excellent doctor! I was so blessed to have Dr. Nelson recommended for my spinal surgery. I have the utmost confidence in his skill and the care he has provided. Dr. Nelson was not the first surgeon with whom I conferred (the other was a very unpleasant encounter), and I had to insist that my family doctor recommend someone better. Dr. Nelson is very respectful of patient needs. He took the time to examine my condition, and answer my questions; he is honest about what future procedures may be needed, he explains procedures well, explains what he is seeing on xrays and what progress he is looking for between visits. Twice during my follow-up visits, he mentioned having conferred with his mentors in other states when various options were being considered. His physician assistant staff are also excellent, knowledgeable, and attentive. I suffered with back pain for several years, but in the last year, it became extremely difficult to function. He did not promise astounding results, and let me know the possible odds of encountering difficulties due to my several other risk factors, but I am now pain-free, and so thankful to have my mobility back.

May 26th, 2010
Clerk Specialist
I really Loved this Doctor, I recovered well and I am so thankful to him and his excellent staff.

November 8th, 2008
I would recommend Dr Nelson to everyone!
Dr Nelson is in my opinion one of the finest doctors I have ever met. He is extremely knowledgeable, tells you straight what is going on and what to expect, always has your health and wellness in mind and will not go home until he feels that he has done everything that he possibly can for you and your health. I recently had spine surgery by Dr Nelson and he did a wonderful job not only by the results of the surgery itself but of preparing me for what to expect, follow up care, listening and overall just showing a wonderful bedside manner. After being in the hospital - not all medical professionals have that! I truly feel that I am blessed for having the oppertunity to have him as my doctor - it is the best gift I have ever received.