Dr. Lynn Oconnor MD Patient Reviews

• Colon and Rectal Surgery Huntington, NY

May 16th, 2017
“You should not have to settle for any pain”
“You should not have to settle for any pain” were the words of encouragement that kept resonating in my mind. It also deeply reveals the caring person, character and true personality of Dr Lynn O’Connor. Those words were often spoken to me on numerous occasions as she thoughtfully and diligently tried to rectify a hemorrhoid problem that I had lived with for over 10 years. I had been to several doctors over the years who had unsuccessfully tried to solve that problem. After a while, I just resigned myself to the fact that this was just going to be a way of life. No one could fully solve my problem, there would always be pain. I subsequently changed my diet. Over a number of years, I moved away from eating anything doughy that wouldn’t fully break down. Needless to say things like pancakes, pizza, nuts, bagels, steak among other foods I’d enjoyed had to be eliminated. Taking stool softeners became a norm each night, still I dreaded and feared going to the bathroom each morning. The pain was always beyond excruciating. Ironically another doctor in another field recommended Dr O’Connor. Initially, I was skeptic having been down this road before. Dr O’Connor quelled all my fears in our initial meeting. She explained thoroughly and chronologically what she thought was the best course of action. I opted for banding instead of surgery. The procedure was painless and took minutes to do over several visits, however it did not fully cure the problem. It was a big relief. I was satisfied with the results as it felt about 70% better.... Dr O’Connor however, was not! There were those words once more, “You Should Not Have To Settle For Any Pain!” It summed up her commitment to her craft. Over and over the words resonated in my mind, although I didn’t believe it was possible. She re-assured me that surgery would be more successful. I finally decided to let go of any reservations I had and trust her acumen and ingenuity. She meticulously explained my part in preparing for the procedure. She expounded about the anesthesiologist, what would happen before, during and after the procedure as well as the projected recovery time. She also made me fully aware of how important it was to follow through with her written instructions including three sits bath per day. I simply believed and followed through. In the end, I was the big winner! Today I am fully healed, 100% pain free. I sincerely thank Dr Lynn O’Connor for giving me back a normal lifestyle, after more than 10 years of misery. I am back to enjoying all of the foods I like. She is an extremely gifted doctor whose belief, knowledge and devotion is a credit to her profession. I would definitely recommend her services if you are having any rectal problems, she has certainly made me a believer that when it comes to rectal issues... “you should not have to settle for any pain!”

November 30th, 2016
Health Educator
Dr. O'Connor is fantastic! She led the fight in my battle against Rectal Cancer. She made the most terrifying experience of my life bearable

November 8th, 2016
With a 20 plus year history of diverticulitis, I had no choice but surgical intervention. Being an established patient of Dr. O'Connor's, I knew exactly who I would trust to perform my surgery. She is kind, gentle, in no way an alarmist, and an expert in her field. I would highly recommend everyone I know to her!

October 30th, 2016
Professional, skilled, compassionate
Dr. O'Connor is a skilled, professional, and compassionate surgeon. Plus, she is warm and friendly, putting you at ease during what can be difficult and challenging circumstances requiring surgery.

September 15th, 2016
Excellence all around
The doctor and her staff were wonderful. Professional but with a warm bedside manner. I can Think of nothing negative. This is a delicate area of specialization and they know how to treaT a patient to put them at ease.

September 2nd, 2016
jf
she's great all-around

August 23rd, 2016
So lucky to have found her!
Dr. Lynn O'Connor's name came to me as a word of mouth reference. I was scheduled to see a completely different doctor but was in so much pain that I went searching for someone else to see sooner. I emailed Dr. O'Connor and she responded to my inquiry within 24 hours PERSONALLY (which i WAS NOT expecting). Dr. O'Connor suggested I make an appointment with her office, which I did for the next day, and she saw me at that time. Dr. O'Connor is very professional. She was very clear with me about what my issue was, what types of things cause it and what she was going to do to help me. Throughout my examination she was communicative and helped to make me comfortable. After my visit, I was shared written information on my condition and explained to me what the next steps would be. She was even nice enough to respond to some follow up questions post visit, which I sent to her via email. I have already recommended her to a friend and continue to do so. Dr. O'Connor is wonderful!

July 26th, 2016
Excellent Treatment for a Sensitive Problem
Dr. O'Connor is a compassionate professional who has treated me with respect and kindness. She always explains exactly what she is going to do before she examines me; then explains the condition and the best way to treat it. She takes time to answer all my questions about treatment and the healing process. I enthusiatically recommend her if you have colon-rectal problems.

July 6th, 2016
The most caring compassionate Doctor I ever met

June 24th, 2016
Dr. O'Connor
I was recommended by my general doctor to Dr. O'Connor to have my surgery done. I am so glad that I took his advice. Dr. O'Connor is considerate, understanding and experienced in her field. After my surgery was completed and I had recovered from the anesthetic, Dr. O'Connor came over to see how I was feeling. She explained what I would experience after the surgery and told me if I had excruciating pain I should get in touch with her immediately. I did follow up visits with her and everything was great. Dr. O'Connor is wonderful, kind and understanding. I would recommend her to friends and family!

August 12th, 2015
What a very nice person & a great Dr.

August 1st, 2015
Best EVER
Dr. Lynn O'Connor is a true gem. In my opinion , I've never had a better doctor. From the very first moment I met her, she took the time needed to thoroughly explain my medical condition and subsequent surgery. She was sensitive to my fears and concerns. I had a very serious colon issue and she promised she would be there for me every minute and truly was. She literally made herself available whenever I called with an issue, problem or concern. She was there for me during my numerous hospitalizations both in the ER and when I was admitted. Dr. O'Connor has a wonderful manner ~ is kind, caring, considerate and goes the EXTRA mile for her patients. She has a comprehensive knowledge of her medical field. You can ask questions and she follows up on problems. She will work with you and for you. In addition, she has a wonderfully and helpful supportive staff ~ her nurse Denise, the receptionists Monica and Maureen, the surgical scheduler ~ Tracy are all part of this amazing team. I highly recommend the fantastic doctor, her quality of care is unsurpassed!