Obstetricians & Gynecologists
4745 Ogletown Stanton Rd
Ste 231
Newark, DE 19713
302-731-2900
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Wouldn't Recommend  |  show details
by anonymous on Aug 10th, 2013

Dr. Talley was extremely rude and uncaring from the beginning. I was referred to her by my personal/family doctor. I thought she would be good. Boy was I in for a surprise. She seemed so careless, kept things short with me, didn't really speak to me. I would wait about 2 hours in the waiting room alone just for her to see me for a quick 5 minutes. Then she started sending me elsewhere but expected me to see her also. I couldn't afford taking so much time off work for nothing. I was seeing the other doctors more than I would see her. I was sick of it. If she's going to be in this line of business any longer, she needs to fix her attitude. No woman expecting a baby wants a Doctor with a negative attitude towards you. In this business you have to care, you have to be friendly. I stopped going to her when I was 5 months pregnant. I hope she reads all of these reviews and changes her negative attitude. I wish I would've seen these reviews before going to her. I wasted my time on seeing her. Maybe she should retire. I don't know why she's so rude and miserable, but she needs to get her life and emotions together. Leave the negativity at home before you go into the work place. She had a bad attitude EVERY SINGLE TIME I went into the office. I could go on and on...I'll leave it at this, Do NOT see Dr. Talley, you will regret it.

|  Please dont go here  |  show details
May 1st, 2012

I got Dr Talleys name from my Gyn. I had bad experience in regards to her scheduling weekly ultrasound- i do not think it was needed. I was working fulltime and wanted to get a 7:30am app someplace else, but she insisted- the Dr herself- shouting and me and staff- that she (me) has to get ultrasounds at her office- a woman used to come every Wednesday to her office for ultrasound, this proved that she wanted the money because if i went elsewhere she wont get money, then she wanted me to shedule weekly checkup, in somecases i used to wait for hours in exam room, one day i stepped out after 1.5 hours to check if everyone forgot about me and the Dr shouted at me saying- the ultrasound tech gave you a checkup yesterday (wednesday) what do you want to know today and I was thinking, I am in robe, waiting and she is shouting they are ones that scheduled this Thursday app, that following Sunday I went into labour (early). I didnt need to be yelled at, and she just wants the money- thats the case in many business but ppl atill stry to be professional and not risk human lives, but they couldnt do either.

|  Excellent doctor minus the bedside manner  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2011

When I was pregant with my 1st child, I chose Dr. Talley as my OB. During my whole pregnancy and the weekly visits near then end, I will admit that she consistently exhibited an extremely poor bedside manner in the office. I was very taken aback, but I found that she was always thorough in her examinations despite the long waits and quick visits. I soon realized however that the long wait times were a result of splitting time between her hospital and office patients-all that running back and forth. The day I went into labor, she came over to check on me a couple times, and I will tell you that her mood was very different, much warmer and light-hearted. I realized then that she was in her element at the hospital, and that the office visits were routine stuff that was probably not as exciting as a newborn baby delivery. Both my husband and I were struck by how jovial she was amongst her colleagues in the labor room and also to us. She was actually joking around with us! I was disappointed that she did not stay to deliver my baby since she was off that night. She did tell me nevertheless that I was in good hands with her colleague surgeon who indeed spoke very highly of Dr. Talley. I was very lucky that my pregnancy was pretty normal for the most part, besides the placenta previa. I do believe though that if I were a high-risk case, she would have stayed to help my delivery. A couple days later when I was ready to check out of the hospital, she was very frustrated with the hospital personnel when they failed to let her know that a patient needed her release. I ended up waiting all morning for the check out due to the hospital personnel's failure to do their job and notify the dr. When she finally came over to sign the release, she took the time to hold my child and that was when I saw the kind-hearted person that she truly was deep inside. Since then, my annual visits to see her have been much more personable, and I know that she is an excellent but no frills kind of doctor who is constantly battling everyday BS and ignorant, rude, inappreciative people.

|  show details
Dec 8th, 2010

she is terrible, a young lady in her early 20's went to this dr. during her pregnancy, she had no prior health condition and ended up having a stroke a couple of days after giving birth, has not had her period for almost 7 months now and this dr. shows no concern, as a matter of fact she sent this patient a letter telling her she no longer wants to see her in her practice, now tell me this dr. is not hiding something!

|  Very experienced and dedicated  |  show details
Dec 11th, 2009

You will not find a better doctors than Dr. Talley. She is sometimes brutally honest and speaks her mind but it's all in the best interest of her patients. She is knowledgeable, experienced and truly cares about her patients. She recently treated me and literally spent hours in the hospital with me to make sure I received proper medical care. She is one in a million!!!!!

|  She's worth it!  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2009

She is abrupt in language, but truly caring. She's who you want if you're having a problem. She saved my friend's life, literally, after a "normal" delivery. I'm in healthcare--she's skilled & awesome.

|  show details
Jun 25th, 2009

Very skilled, but always seems to be in a rush.