Anesthesiologist, Pain Medicine
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
IF YOU ONLY KNEW show details IF YOU ONLY KNEW
by PAUL M. on May 30th, 2015

IF YOU GUYS KNOW HER LIKE I DO THEN YOU'LL KNOW SHE'S A FAKE AND PHONEY YEAH SHE'S GOOD AT PROCEDURES (WHEN SHE'S NOT TOOTING HER LIL NOSE GETTING HIGH) SHE'S A GREAT SPEAKER AND THATS HOW SHE CON'S ALOT OF PATIENT TO BELIEVE SHE'S THE GREATEST DOCTOR IN PAIN MANAGEMENT. I BET MOST OF THESE GUYS THATS TAKING UP FOR HER HAS GOTTEN SOME SORT OF SPECIAL TREATMENT OR A LITTLE MORE TLC THAN OTHERS BECAUSE THATS WHAT SHE DOES. MINI SKIRTS AND BOOB FLIRTS HAHA. I KNOW MULTIPLE PEOPLE DEALING WITH CANCER BUT NONE THAT WENT OR USING THE ROUTE SHE DID, DR.COLUMBUS IS ADDICTED TO MEDICATION BECAUSE SHE CHOOSE TO BE IF YOU NOTICE SHE CLAIMS THE OH IM SO VERY SICK WHEN THINGS ARE GOING WRONG FOR HER TO GET OUT OF A SITUATION. CRY ME A RIVER ALREADY SHE'S A HOOT, I TALK TO A COUPLE OF THE STAFF PERSONALLY SHE'S BEEN WRITING SCRIPTS IN PATIENTS NAMES FOR YEARS!!! TO WRITE SCRIPTS IN YOUR PARENTS NAMES AND OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS IS VERY VERY LOW. IN MY EYES SHE'S EQUIVALENT TO A BOTTOM FEEDERS LEECHING OFF OTHERS TO GET HIGH.

best left not said show details best left not said
May 15th, 2015

never follows up

by Scott H on Apr 3rd, 2015

I have just read about dr. Columbus's misfortune this past December. Needless to say I'm still in shock. This is not the doctor that I have known since my first treatment from her some 10 years ago. She has been the one that has helped me when no one or nothing else could. I found her to always be a very kind and compassionate doctor as well as a very professional and extremely knowledgeable one. I am still researching what happened, but I did find also an article written by her concerning her battle with LCH. I can't help but think this had a direct cause and effect. This is not a woman who would do anything so out of character if not for some very extenuating circumstances. for that reason, the jury is still out. So far as a pain doctor, I know of no better still. I hope that she is healed both physically and emotionally, because the world needs physicians such as she.

Compassion show details Compassion
by Dave C. on Feb 10th, 2015

I have been a patient at Gulf Coast Pain Management for about 10 years. The one thing that has been constant is the level of compassion in this office. Staff may change, the office moved to a new location, other doctors have come and gone, but the compassion is always there. Dr. Columbus is an educated, caring, qualified, pain management specialist. She has won numerous awards and accolades, sat on many councils and boards whose aim it was to ensure quality care for all patients while trying to keep drugs out of the hands of abusers, all while providing excellent care at her practice. For those of you criticizing Dr. Columbus, I can only say that you should have all the facts before passing judgement. No one is perfect. Not even you. And remember the other side of the coin....the hundreds, possibly thousands, of people who have been helped by her and her staff. People in real, horrible, debilitating pain. People for whom Dr. Columbus was the final hope they had for living a reasonably comfortable life without constant chronic pain. I am thankful for the care I have received at Gulf Coast Pain Management and plan to continue seeking help and guidance from a caring and competent doctor and her staff. I'm sure now I'll be bombarded with comments from people who don't agree with me. Please...don't bother. You won't change my mind and I don't have time to argue with trolls.

crackhead services show details crackhead services
Feb 2nd, 2015

waste of time she slept my whole visit she was on something serious

Funny how she is on the other side now! show details Funny how she is on the other side now!
Dec 12th, 2014

I hope she looses her lucense as any doctor who did what she did I amever so thathankful she got busted! Shame shame on you Dr. COLOMBUS,

by Not stating, for fear of retribution on Feb 19th, 2014

I've been going to Dr. C for a while now. She does not listen to you, she states things like "usually" or "you should not be feeling this type of pain this far out of your surgery", etc, etc.... Every-time I see her, her back is to me, talking to me while reading and typing her current and prior notes. I tell her my problems and pain issues, advise her what my other Dr.'s say and have done; she acts like she already has her mind made up. She puts me in her "general" category. Instead of increasing meds due to additional issues since my last visit - she decreases them and says "I should not be in this type of pain." "BOOM" thats it, visit is over and I leave crying, upset, feeling like an addict - soooo, I'm looking elsewhere for my care. I can't pay her anymore for such a crappy attitude she has and the fact that she does not take me serious.

Diagnosis - Dr. Columbus is a Financial Pain in the Butt! show details Diagnosis - Dr. Columbus is a Financial Pain in the Butt!
Mar 27th, 2013

I use to recommend Dr. Columbus to my family & friends but I don't recommend her anymore. I received a bill.. out of the blue.. for a procedure that Dr. Columbus says she performed THREE years ago. I'm self pay so I pay when I have a procedure done the day I'm in the office. So I called the billing department, nothing changes. She's right...Your wrong...and continues to send the bill. Then they sent me to collections. Dr. Columbus, I will not pay for something that you did not do! I think YOU need to see the therapist since you apparently could careless about financially hurting others.

Jan 18th, 2013

Doesn't answer all your questions. Doesn't exhibit much compassion.

Excellent and Professional Care show details Excellent and Professional Care
Jun 4th, 2012

My first visit with Dr Columbus was a caring personal drill down to my medical condition. Very thorough and methodical medical treatment process. Obviously cares about her patients. Thank You Dr. Columbus for helping me through my ordeal.

A true professional and caring doctor show details A true professional and caring doctor
Feb 26th, 2012

I have been going to Dr.Lynn Columbus going on three years. She always has the time to listen and answer all of your questions. She has YOUR best health interests in mind as she proceeds with a medical plan to relieve your pain. The fact that she uses drugs (painkillers) as a last resort, also impressed me. God bless, Dr Columbus

charlie stockett show details charlie stockett
Aug 15th, 2011

Physician was friendly and listened to me when I described my problem. Some MD's will not take the time to listen to the patient.

Nice, caring doctor show details Nice, caring doctor
by Linda Lawson on Jul 18th, 2011

Dr. Columbus was my pain management doctor for many years. She has contacted me personally by phone and mail during difficult times. I appreciated this personal caring, which is rare these days.Her calm manner and supportive attitude during her own medical problems is inspiring.

I'm an RN show details I'm an RN
Mar 17th, 2011

This physician is excellent. The poor comments might reflect the fact that she is a little reserved. She has been undergoing chemotherapy for a very rare cancer for over 2 years (staff turnover, she couldn't practive for a while). She goes the extra mile and offered alternate pain solutions, and was concerned about my additional diseases, my pending surgery, and how the pain effected and interacted with them.

TERRIBLE, NO COMPASSION show details TERRIBLE, NO COMPASSION
Mar 8th, 2011

this woman is in the wrong field, she has no compassion. I waited and waited and I have never been so disappointed.

Doctor's Response

As a pain management physician, many patients are disappointed if they leave the office without a prescription for a controlled substance, especially on their first visit. At Gulf Coast Pain Management, a multidisciplinary approach to pain management is felt to be the most effective treatment for acute and chronic pain. This includes procedures such as epidural steroid injections in conjunction with physical therapy. A mental health evaluation may reveal a need to address an issue such as addiction, depression, or secondary gain. At this time, there is no magic bullet for pain management. We seek patients who are motivated to get better with a multidisciplinary pain managment program.

Excellent Physician show details Excellent Physician
Feb 17th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Columbus for about a year. I have had trigeminal neuralgia for 22 years and after her painless injections, I am PAIN FREE. Recently, I became very ill of unknown origin. I saw my primary care and many specialists. Dr. Columbus was the one to figure it out and start me on the right treatment. I absolutely cannot thank you enough!!!The people who are whining and complaining in these reviews need to GET A LIFE!! I have enough knowledge about the medical field to tell you that these people are never satisfied with ANY physician. Some people make their life into being sick instead of being better.As far as office staff changing, I think those reviews were put there by disgrunteled employees. I am an employer and see this kind of thing all the time.Don't believe everything you read, good and bad. The internet is a place where people can spout off, be dishonest and mean without any reprocussions. If you really believe what you write, use your name. Don't hide behind initials and profiles.Dr. Columbus you are the BEST in my book!

Dec 3rd, 2010

I am so pleased my physician referred me to Dr. Columbus. She was very thorough, knowledgeable and compassionate. I have had several epidural injections over the years, several of which were very painful but Dr. Columbus' technique was painless. I would recommend her practice without reservation.

Not Impressed At ALL!!! show details Not Impressed At ALL!!!
Nov 8th, 2010

I was very unimpressed by her behavior towards her staff and patients.

Doctor's Response

I am very sorry that you did not have a 4 star experience. I would be happy to address any of your concerns in order to improve the office experience for all of our patients. Please do not hesitate to contact me at the office at (727)789-0891 or by email at info@gulfcoastpain.com so that we can address any recommendations you may have in order to deliver a 4 star visit. Yours truly, Dr. Columbus

what office is this? show details what office is this?
Oct 10th, 2010

I've been going to Dr.Columbus for years. The entire staff has changed, nothing is constant in this office.

jb show details jb
Oct 5th, 2010

Not worth the wait.

Comprehensive Care show details Comprehensive Care
Sep 28th, 2010

This practice is a refreshing change to doctors that think only one way about your problem. The doctors and nurses here have a bunch of different techniques and options for treating chronic pain as well as offering physical therapy in the office. I cannot recommend them more highly, they have helped my pain immensely.

degenerating discs show details degenerating discs
Sep 9th, 2010

I met with Dr. Columbus about my back pain. She had a very good bedside manner & took the time to explain my condition, which she called degenerating discs. I thought she was very thorough & refreshing versus other doctors I have met with in the past. I give her a thumbs up!

Not your usual pain management office show details Not your usual pain management office
by PLF Clearwater, Florida on Aug 30th, 2010

When my primary care physician suggested that I see a pain management physician, I was very hesitant to go. With all of the hype in the media regarding pain management, I was afraid that I would be sitting in a waiting room full of addicts. But, that isn't the case with Dr. Columbus' office. The waiting room was filled with very nice patients, definitely not a bunch of druggies! Dr. Columbus and her staff were very professional. They obviously aren't there to feed people's addictions.

Aug 9th, 2010

Excellent care. Thaank you!

Relief for my hands show details Relief for my hands
by EZ Tampa, Florida on Aug 7th, 2010

My hands have become very painful over the past two months. I have seen several doctors who just basically told me to live with it. As an avid fisherman, I needed to find relief. Dr. Columbus diagnosed me with carpal tunnel syndrome. She prescribed anti-inflammatories, wrist splints and physical therapy. She also performed injections that were extremely helpful. I am able to enjoy fishing again with minimal pain! Thank you, Dr. Columbus, I am truly grateful.

The best show details The best
by Lucille in Oldsmar on Jul 24th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Columbus by my neighbor, who is also a physician. They said that she is the only pain doctor that they would trust in the area. She took a lot of time to explain what was going on with my back due to "spinal stenosis". She explained it with models, which was very helpful. She did epidural steroid injections on me for my pain. I didn't even realize that she had started the procedure when she stood by my side and said, "OK, you are all done." It was painless! Now, I have no more back pain! I would recommend her to anyone.

Finally, a diagnosis! show details Finally, a diagnosis!
by RB, Palm Harbor on Jul 23rd, 2010

I have been experiencing back pain for several years. I finally insisted that my primary care doctor let me see a pain doctor. I have an HMO, so it was a bit of a battle convincing the doctor to let me see a specialist. Dr. Columbus was very thorough. She is the reason why I finally got a diagnosis for my pain, a very rare condition of the spinal cord. At least I know that I am not crazy and there is a reason for my pain, what a relief. She has helped me be pain free despite with my newly diagnosed condition.RB, Palm Harbor

Winning my battle with cancer show details Winning my battle with cancer
Jun 2nd, 2010

I have a history of breast cancer and have been in remission for 4 years. I just recently found out that I now have metastatic disease with tumors in my bones. Dr. Columbus spent a long time reviewing my history and giving me very good options for my pain management. She is very thorough and very compassionate.

Painless Procedure show details Painless Procedure
by JLM, Palm Harbor on Feb 8th, 2010

My doctor wanted me to get a procedure called an epidural steroid injection. I have had them in the past for my back pain and they were very painful during the actual procedure. Needless to say, I was nervous about getting another one done, but Dr. Columbus was done before I even knew she got started. It was a painless procedure and I had excellent results with the procedure. Thank you, Dr. Columbus

T.L. PALM HARBOR show details T.L. PALM HARBOR
Feb 4th, 2010

Dr. Lynne Columbus is an excellent doctor. She is very knowledgeable and compassionate. Her injections are painless. Her office staff is also very professional and caring.I would recommend her practice to any one with pain. I am now pain free!Thank you Dr. Columbus.

hold on to your wallet show details hold on to your wallet
Jan 9th, 2010

Dr. Columbus pressured me to buy some weird herbal products and hand sanitizer that she claims will protect me from the swine flu. She was really pushy, and I felt very uncomfortable. I have never been in a doctor's office where they were trying to sell me stuff. I wont go back.

NOT WORTH THE WAIT show details NOT WORTH THE WAIT
Dec 8th, 2009

This office seemed disorganized. I was rescheduled several times. Dr. Columbus herself seemed bored and distracted during my office visit, as if I were interrupting something much more important. I went to her specifically because I was hoping a woman would be more compassionate, but found this not to be the case.

Dec 7th, 2009

I waited over two hours to see Dr. Columbus. She spent most of my office visit typing on her laptop which seems to be how most doctors are now doing it. She did spend quite a bit of time reviewing my medical history, but by the time I got out of there, I was more concerned with getting back to my job than fixing my back pain.

very good pain doctor show details very good pain doctor
Nov 30th, 2009

My mother has been suffering from arthritis in her knees that is very painful. Dr. Columbus and her staff have helped her greatly with injections in her knees

by T.L., Palm Harbor, Florida on Nov 12th, 2009

One of the Best Pain Physicians show details One of the Best Pain Physicians
by JB Safety Harbor FL on Nov 12th, 2009

Dr. Columbus is definitely the best in her field. I was having such terrible back pain and after an injection (which was completely painless) she cured me. I am so thankful.

neck pain show details neck pain
Sep 7th, 2009

very good doctor

thankful pain patient show details thankful pain patient
by John Clearwater, Florida on Aug 22nd, 2009

I herniated a disc while helping my son with a home project. I was so uncomfortable and miserable from the pain going down my leg. Dr. Columbus did an injection, an epidural steroid injection, which was helpful right away. I started a physical therapy program right in her office, which was extremely helpful as well. Catherine, her physical therapist, was wonderful. She showed me how to protect myself from doing it again. But, I think next time, I'm going to let my son do his home projects on his own.

Ending Troublesome Sweating show details Ending Troublesome Sweating
by Michael, Tampa, Florida on Aug 14th, 2009

I contacted Dr. Lynne Columbus complaining of excessive sweating under the arms. She explained to me about Hyperhidrosis and how simple Botox can help alleviate the problem. It's been nearly a year now and the Botox still seems to be effective. I still use less than 1/4 of the antiperspirant than I used in the past and I was very happy how she & her staff were so knowledgeable.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Backpain Suffering Patient on Aug 13th, 2009

Dr. Lynne Columbus is not only a good doctor but also a wonderful person. She is very professional and truly cares about her patients. Her office staff is wonderful...caring...and fun. Well done Dr. Columbus!!

headache free show details headache free
Aug 8th, 2009

I have had headaches for many years and I have seen many doctors. I was referred to Dr. Columbus by my physician, who said that she is a nationally renown headache doctor. I AM HEADACHE FREE!

doctor to the doctors show details doctor to the doctors
by CHC Largo, Florida on Aug 7th, 2009

When I developed back pain, I asked my primary care physician who they would see if they had this problem. They said that Dr. Lynne Columbus has the best reputation in this area for pain management. After my visit, I could see that this reputation is well deserved. Dr. Columbus is extremely knowledgable and compassionate. Her office staff is very professional. I would highly recommend her to anyone.I feel so much better-I have my life back!