Dr. Lynnell Gardner Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Lynnell Gardner?

Never Again

Posted on August 24th, 2016

I am 42 years old. I chose Dr. Gardener after reading good and bad reviews online 8 years ago. I haven't been back to see her in 3 years. She asks many questions about your health and daily habits and activities which I thought was very good. She did spend a lot of time each time I went in with her questions. She did say to take calcium which I feel I needed to. She is totally against coffee because it could mask the signs of cancer. I explained I only drank one cup a day and she went on and on about how decaf was better and where to purchase it. I feel that was her personal opinion & not medical fact. Her exams hurt like no other Pap smear I've ever experienced to this day. I did bleed. She jabs and pokes and feels extremely hard. She also asked me once of my husband was a good husband and if he was going to bring anything home to me before my exam. I was disgusted and shocked she would even say that. My last straw was three years ago when she did two things that really struck me as odd. First in her questioning she asked me if there are any firearms in my home. I told her yes. My husband is an avid outdoorsman and hunter. Based on previous questioning by her she knew I had a child with ADHD. I didn't realize that her questions were not so much about my health but to pry into the private lives of her patients and give her opinion. She said that's not very wise having firearms in the home with a child with mental issues. I was instantly angry. I told her they are all locked in a safe and she rolled her eyes at me. When it was time for my exam she asked if her dog could come into the room. I was taken aback from being asked such a question, but being a dog lover I said yes after hearing her sad story of the partner dog to that one had passed away and the dog was having a hard time getting over its death. She she brought in a large standard size poodle. To be honest I didn't know what to think. I just thought it was so strange that she would asked to bring her dog in. The dog laid on the floor on its little bed next to me while I received my Pap smear. I could smell the dirty dog smell and I just thought that just a couple feet below me was her dog just lying there underneath my vagina. I don't think she would have been as excepting of me bringing in my dog if it had been the situation had been reversed. She would expect me to leave my dog at home. Where I feel she should've left her dog in her office. I will never go back after that. I feel Dr. Gardner is it an extremely intelligent woman. She uses too much force in her exams and she's arrogant about it and she doesn't know how to relate with patients because her intelligence makes her feel far more superior resulting in her patients feeling let down and disappointed when they walk out the door.

Run Away

Posted on March 26th, 2016

This "MD" is terribly rude, condescending and incompetent. I had ovarian cysts which she could not diagnose based on my described symptoms (which you can easily find online), rather she seemed more concerned about inquiring condescendingly whether or not I was taking calcium and talking about the benefits of milk and other dairy products??? When I told her I was not taking birth control, she proceeded to give an ugly expression and tell me that pre-secretions contain the largest amounts of sperm.. umm last I check the seminiferous tubules are where sperm is made and the other "secretions" consist of three: prostate gland secretions, bulbourethral gland secretions and seminal vesicle gland secretions (sp). I was in the nursing program prior to changing my degree to law, for someone who specializes in medicine, she seems poorly educated and moreover caustically arrogant to her patients. My advice, choose another doctor who can actually diagnose ovarian cysts and other feminine abnormalities. This lady is ridiculous as she practices in obstetrics and gynecology! One more thing, she was incredibly rough during the examination, not only did a bleed vaginally from her rough insertion of the speculum, I bled in my rectum from her digital examination. This woman has absolutely no bedside manner and is rude to her patients and staff members. Office is also dirty and she has her dog in the examination room..really???

One and Done

Posted on October 24th, 2015

Being that I, myself, am in the health care industry I know that patient care and bedside manners are VERY important. Health care workers from MAs, to Nurses, Doctors/Surgeons are supposed to somewhat compassionate/sympathetic towards their patients whether they're healthy as a horse seeing the Doctor for an annual check-up, to being in the hospital in ICU. I ,however, did not get this when I went in for my first and only visit to Dr. Gardner. During the interview I felt as though I was being interrogated and judged based on my answers. She clearly didn't like what I had to say about my medical history because she had a comment for just about everything. Not only that, but when I would try answering her, she would talk over me and not give me the slightest chance of speaking. I mentioned to her that I'm lactose intolerant so I don't eat very much dairy. She then snapped at me asking "well then how are you getting your calcium?" and before I could answer she sighed (loudly) and said "well I guess you're just going to HAVE to take Calcium tablets then." and proceeded to lecture me. During the interrogation, I mean interview, she proceeded to ask me about my social history. I get it, every Doctor does it, but she took it a little too far past the norm. I don't think it's very appropriate for a Doctor (regardless of years in the field, or their specialty) to ask a patient if they "think their partner is the one making them depressed","if they're the one", and "can you see yourself with them 50-70 years from now", and say it with a condescending tone. This tone, was throughout the entire exam. Being a female, I've had plenty of PAP smears before, but this one was on a whole new level. She was rough! Now the normal thing is to spot after a PAP, I experienced a what could have been my period for the remainder of the day. After getting dressed she came back in and wrapped up the exam. By this point I was done. I was so disappointed and frustrated at how things had gone that I was on the verge of tears. NO Doctor, should EVER make a patient feel that way. Needless to say, I will not be going back for a follow up.

Assertive but caring!

Posted on May 6th, 2015

I like Dr. Gardner because she is very thorough and assertive. She doesn't assume, she digs. Sometimes it can be a bit invasive, but I rather have a doctor like this than one that assumes, and patronizes your symptoms. Dr. Gardner has taken the time to personally call me back, even after regular office hours to see how I was doing!

Posted on April 30th, 2015

As a new patient she spent adquate time with me going over all of my history for the last 30 - 40 years.

Great OB/GYN

Posted on April 12th, 2012

I went to Dr. Gardner by chance and was completely happy with my care. She was very attentive during my pregnancy and always has great advice. When my water broke at 2:30 in the morning and we got to the hospital, Dr. Gardner was just leaving from delivering that night. She came back to check on my during the day and was there for the birth of my son. I felt she was the right doctor. I hear too many stories of women and there doctor not delivering that I was happy to have her there throughout and the end. My first pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage, Dr. Gardner was the one there to do my DNC. She has great patient care. I would not choose another doctor.

Posted on February 15th, 2012

I have never had such an awful experience with a doctor. She was rough, rude, and overbearing. I am old enough that I know my body and do not need a half hour-long condescending lecture. Doctors like this are the reason people avoid check-ups and don't follow up with their health issues like they need to; I, however, will in the future just be choosing another doctor, and will be checking online reviews before I do so. She should probably rethink her career; maybe she would do better as an aggressive lawyer or business person. She certainly has no place in the delicate profession of gynecology.

Worst exam I've ever had

Posted on May 20th, 2011

After seeing Dr. Gardner, I felt violated. The exam was that rough. I have had numerous exams and PAP smears in my life, and this was by far the worst. She kept angrily telling me to relax. I've never had this painful of an exam before. She was rude, short, and rough. I am an ultrasound tech and I do vaginal exams for a living. There is no need to sacrifice caring and gentleness to be thorough. I will never return.

After 2 babies, Im still not sure...

Posted on April 19th, 2011

Dr. Gardner has been my OBGYN for 6 years and I am finally considering a change (plus I heard she no longer delivers babies) she has delievered 2 of my babies... but I am still not sure what I think about her. She is not very gentle and she does not have good bedside manner but she is very thorough and knowledgeable. My husband never really cared for her and at my 2nd baby was begging me to change doctors but I didn't want to because I was too far along. She did make me a little overly conscious of a common infection I had... When I asked her how it would affect my pregnancy her 1st response was "haven't you researched it already?" (She was often times alittle judgemental and condscending) anyway she told me that if I didnt recieve antibiotics at the babys birth the baby could DIE!!! When I went into labor I had my baby so fast there was no time for antibiotics. I was in panic after just having the baby screaming about antibiotics and Dr. Gardner then told me "don't worry it's not that big a deal, death is very rare." Wow thanks for communicating that!?! I know 2 other people that have had really bad experiences as well and didn't keep her as a doctor.

Dr. Gardner is the BOMB!

Posted on October 25th, 2010

Dr. Gardner is the most thorough gyno I have ever been to. Yes, she can be rough with her exams, but better to have someone take the time and be aware of other things that might be going on so she can make a thorough diagnosis.She spends an hour with me at each appointment. Very interested in my life and things that are going on with me so she can get a full spectrum of any medical/psychological that might be going on. I would rather have someone who takes the time, finds things that other doctors may not find, and is interested in what is going on with me.

Rough and Rude

Posted on September 17th, 2010

This doctor scarred me from going to a gynecologist for years afterward. I had a STI and she treated me horribly about it. I wont go into details about what she said, but she made me feel like I was irresponsible and promiscuous because I got a common infection. What she didn't bother to find out was that I was a victim of sexual abuse and my only partner was also my abuser. She is rough in all examinations and her bedside manner is terrible.

Posted on May 24th, 2017