Dr. Lyudmila Karlin MD Patient Reviews

1.7

• Good
  • Bad

March 30th, 2015
Dr Karlin has a lousy bedside manner. She needs to learn to address her patient's concerns better than she did. She also needs to learn that just because she feels something is so, does not necessarily make it so.

December 30th, 2014
Stay away from Karlins Kingdom!
Terrible doctor for men, especially for men with depression. A totally closed mind and misunderstanding the diagnosis don't go well together. Couple that with a controlling power hungry personality and you get a dictator of a doctor who controls her ward, Zucker hillside in lij with an inhuman iron fist. Don't be fooled by her constant insistence on her only trying to help. She'll help you with medication and ect if she can. She has one psychologist on a staff of only women. If you don't respond to that, you will be sent to a state hospital like creedmoor. I was 27 in perfect health and only got out because I have money and deep connections in the mental health world. If you have no power over her, which you probably don't, you will be locked up if you don't respond to her limited treatment.

August 14th, 2013
She was my admitting doctor and the unit chief at Hillside. She's a little rough, I'm not going to lie. She's definitely not a huggy/feely psychiatrist, she is all business. Luckily, I only saw her in treatment team in the mornings, and the residents took care of me daily. I did get good care there, and they changed my meds appropriately, but I wouldn't want to see her on the outside.

July 29th, 2012
She was nasty, should not be allowed to practice anything. She did not listen at all. Should be removed from practice.

August 26th, 2011
The best and most caring doctor I have ever met!
Dr. Karlin was my doctor while I was an inpatient at Zucker Hillside Hospital. She was the most genuinly caring doctor I have ever met. Spent plenty of time with me every day and would even stay after hours some times to ensure that all her patients were ok. She was caring, insightful, patient and overall an amazing doctor. I would recommend her to anyone without any hesitations at all!

October 19th, 2010
I was evaluated by this psychiatrist at Hillside -she diagnosed me based upon what the LIJ emergency room told them-the LIG emergency room got the informatio0n from my sisters that gave complete lies. I was kept in a mental ward for two weeks because of her gullible beliefs -she made me take medicine or she was going to take me to court. Wouldn't recommend to my dog.;

June 16th, 2015