Dr. Mohamed Wagdi Attia MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

May 6th, 2016
Dr Attia is Great
Dr.Attia is an excellent psychiatrist. He spends as much time with me as I want. He is great at drawing out information from me by talking casually with me about things I'm doing. His medication management is excellent. We were able to find just the right mixture of meds that have really changed the way I feel in a very positive way. His waiting room is often packed and it can take some time to be seen. Staff seems a bit put out to when making an appointment or refilling medicine.

September 18th, 2015
AVOID THIS DOCTOR
Avoid this Dr. like the plague. Waited over a month to get an appointment, kept me waiting 30 minutes, (they had scheduled an appt 15 minutes before mine- I was NEVER going to be taken on time) then told me if I didn't like it I should leave. He also said he was retiring soon. Not terribly concerned about my well being or that he has wasted my time.

September 17th, 2015
Give credit to this doctor
Dr. Attia is very knowledgable of what he is doing and very courteous to me as a patient. He is a very compassionate doctor and his staff is very nice.

April 23rd, 2014
Good for nothing
NO good, see a vet

December 19th, 2013
Horrible
What a horrible experience! Dr. Attia was referred to me when I was in the hospital for alcohol detox. He immediately diagnosed me as bipolar without even assessing me. I was in a drug induced coma while I was in the hospital, so how could he possibly have assessed me!! After I was released, I went to his office, as was suggested by the hospital. He was practically writing the prescription for bipolar as I was walking through the door. What about an assessment while I am awake and coherent? Just because I had an alcohol problem does not make me bipolar! I took the meds he gave me and gained over 50 pounds. I moved from the area for a period, so I stopped taking the meds. I lost the weight and I felt better than ever. I suppose the fact that I had been sober for 8 years was also helpful. Avoid this doctor at all costs! He will more than likely misdiagnose you, and put you on meds that you don't really need.

December 5th, 2013
Evaluation of my experience with the less than dutiful DR Attia
I can't understand how Washingtonian magazine can put this person on their top 100 DR list, in wash. There is something a-miss with this Dr. Wagdi Attia at 16.06 of a possible 28 with the 100 top DR squad hung in the balance what kind of light is shone on the whole magazine. Then I would say he had me so juiced up on anti-seizure, I mean why see if it was no longer a need or perhaps I would be a lifetime just juiced and thats 16.06/28 with a 57% If you can't do the math

December 5th, 2013
Unresponsive and uncommunicative
Dr. Attia ignored my feelings and thoughts about my treatment. He would not speak to my psychologist, even after she wrote him a letter. I gave him a release of information form and she sent him one I signed also. He would not speak to her even when I was in crisis and needed hospitalization. Needless to say, it was difficult to get him to return my phone calls as well. I was severely overmedicated and am now doing much better on half the medication I was on before with my new doctor.

August 23rd, 2011
Horrible Pathetic
He likes his patients to be in a near state of unconsiousness. He is an extremist, rude and very hard to contact. He does not listen to his patients.If you don't agree with his misdiagnos, he hangs up on you.He spends more time looking at the clock than he does looking at his patients. You would be better off going to a Vet.

August 31st, 2010
Do Not Recommend
Comes up with a diagnosis without asking any questions about your psychiatric history. Had me on the wrong medication because his diagnosis of my issues was incorrect. Never checked with my former therapist to get that therapist's input into my current problems.

August 18th, 2009
Dr. Attia has always been kind & considerate to me. He shows lots of patience and has tracked my progess over the many years which is appreciated.

May 10th, 2009
OK

January 21st, 2009
what wonderfull dr attia really is.i really enjoy his services.
ever since i been going to dr attia .i been always happy to see him. he my kind of dr plus he always klistens to everyone.what great wonderfull staff also he has.they should be number 1 in the dr business