inactive

Maciej Lesniak MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 27th, 2014
Cervical Laminectomy for tumor resection
A remarkable surgeon with miraculous work. Clear, personable, & concise information given before, throughout and after surgery. Recovery ahead of schedule and much easier due to the high level of Dr. Lesniak's work. Great support staff who also works with him. So fortunate to have him operate on my spine.

November 30th, 2012
Annaplastic Astrocytoma
I was diagnosed with an annaplastic astrocytoma in the spring of 2011. After interviewing many of the top neurosurgeons in the country I chose Dr. Lesniak at the university of Chicago.Dr. Lesniak is not only one of the best neurosurgeons in the country he is also a wonderful person.The location of my tumor meant it was going to be a very difficult surgery. Dr. Lesniak proposed doing an awake cranitomy to remove the tumor. This sounds like a scary procedure, being awake during brain surgery. However from the moment I walked into his office his experience, confidence, and personality made me feel much better about my situation.He also made me feel like I was his only patient and spent plenty of time with me answering any and all questions I had. He makes you feel like you are his only patient. Needless to say, the surgery went through without a problem, the tumor was removed and I am doing well.I highly recommend Dr. Lesniak as well as the University of Chicago

November 5th, 2012
The Best Doctor
Dr.Lesniak is the Best Doctor ,i'm very locky . Dr.Lesniak save my life.God Bless Him .

October 14th, 2012
Thank you!!!!
I was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor after having a seizure. The doctor at the local hospital wanted me to urgently undergo surgery but my family insisted on finding the best brain tumor surgeon. Within two hours of calling Dr. Lesniak's office, I was transferred to the neuro-ICU at the University of Chicago. I met Dr.Lesniak that evening. He operated on me the following day and I went home two days later. My tumor was benign, completely taken out, and all I needed after my surgery was Tylenol!I cannot thank Dr. Lesniak enough for saving my life. He is a wonderful human being and a caring physician. I immediately felt at ease after talking to him. He exudes confidence and knowledge and I knew I was in good hands. I cannot recommend him enough to anyone thinking about having brain surgery.

May 9th, 2012
Awesome Patient Focus!
Pre-Surgery: Dear Dr. Lesniak, We want to thank you and your staff for your quick and thorough responses to Jean's medical problem. While we do not know all the things you had to change and rearrange to see Jean so quickly and make Jean's surgery happen so quickly, we are so appreciative of the care and efforts you have taken to make it a professional, efficient, effective, quickly responsive, and very personal, kind, friendly, seamless care process and involvement. We are as awestruck with all of the level of involvement from you and your colleagues at the University of Chicago Hospitals as we are with Jean's whole situation. We are so grateful to have each of you with us during this ordeal.Post-Surgery: Dear Dr. Lesniak, words alone cannot express how much we appreciate your wonderful work today. You and each of the team members have made reality of our dreams, hopes and prayers for removing the tumor, preventing its return and providing for her safe and successful recovery. We are truly blessed to have the benefits of such talented, skilled and caring individuals at this time in our lives. We are so impressed with the intense concern and thoroughness of the processes which surround the results that you each deliver. That kind of attention to detail gives us so much comfort that we are in the best of hands and minds.

April 16th, 2012
Amazing Experience
I saw Dr. Lesniak last month for a brain tumor. As you can imagine, I was scared, and I saw a few other neurosurgeons in Chicago before. His nurse, Shelley, was fantastic. One of the most helpful people I ever encountered. She coordinated all the details of the appointment. When I met Dr. Lesniak, he spent nearly an hour discussing my problem. I subsequently had surgery for Cushing's (I had a pituitary tumor) and I am now fully cured! I cannot say enough great things about his demeanor, bedside manner, surgical skills, and personal care that I experienced as his patient. If anyone is looking for a neurosurgeon in Chicago specializing in brain tumors, do yourself a favor: become educated, take your time,and make sure you meet Dr. Lesniak!

September 7th, 2011
If you have a brain tumor...
You need to see Dr. Lesniak. I cannot say enough about him and how lucky I am to be under his care. He is truly one of the best neurosurgeons in the country.

July 3rd, 2011
Outstanding Doctor
Dr. Lesniak too care of my wife. We travelled from California to see him and enroll in one of his clinical trials. Thank God we did! He is one of the top brain tumor surgeons in the country and one of the leading researchers in this field in the world. We are forever grateful!

May 1st, 2011
The best in Chicago
If you have brain cancer, this is by far and away and the best neurosurgeon in Chicago!!! Do your research; I did and will forever be grateful.

September 9th, 2010
Best Doctor Ever, he saved my mom life.

May 29th, 2010
Excellent neurosurgeon, a good doctor
Having undergone a surgery for brain tumor done by Dr. Lesniak, I'd highly recommend him to anyone in a similar situation. He is the best.

January 27th, 2010
You are in the best hands (literally)with Dr. Lesniak.