Dr. Madeleine Grigg-Damberger MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Albuquerque, NM

2.4

March 27th, 2016
My contact with this physician resulted in misdiagnosis and poor follow up care. I was fortunate that other UNMH providers with far less medical training and experience were able to clean up the mess her evaluation produced. She was condescending and demeaning, with a big ego and flair for grandstanding with the student doctors. There are some exceptional doctors at UNMH that really care about patients - she is not one of them.

December 26th, 2013
Never again.
We will never see this doctor again. She yelled at and demeaned us in front of our son. She completely misunderstood something we were explaining to her about our son's situation, and she literally walked out of the room as we were trying to explain it again to correct the misunderstanding. She was extremely rude and impatient, and her lack of professionalism has left us in search of another doctor. Only desperation would lead us to use her again. All that said, she does seem to know her stuff as a physician (...too bad her personality issues get in the way of good patient care).

June 11th, 2013
A wonderful doctor who does happen to have a few rough edges
Dr Damberger is very knowledgeable physician. It is true she can be a little gruff and impatient; however it's much better to have a smart neurologist than one who is nothing more than a bunch of smiles.

September 11th, 2012
This woman is mentally disturbed
I saw her for a medical condition and the medications she gave me stopped working after a while yet she continued to schedule appointments. She refused to give me an adequate amount of one of the medications that happens to be an opiate. When I tried to switch doctors she put information in my medical record that made it seem like I was some kind of an addict. I have never taken recreational drugs in my life and I don't even drink alcohol. What she has done has made it harder for me to get adequate treatment. But I finally found a doctor who verified some of the things that she said and found them to be false -- so he treated me. This lady is more concerned about her ego than her patients well being.

February 21st, 2009
Disrespectful, Rude & Arrogant
After reviewing my sleep study report and discovering some inaccurate information, I wrote my "sleep doctor" a brief correction memo (I was unable to reach her over the phone). I had also discussed this with my Primary Care Provider, as well as my frustration over the length of time it was taking to get the results of my 2nd sleep study. After 10 weeks and 2 attemps to get the results, I met with this doctor. She walked into the room and was furious with me. Evidently my PCP sent her a report of my/our concerns over my treatment plan and this just sent this unprofessional doctor into a trantrum. I told her that I hoped I didn't anger her by my "corrections" to her report. Her reply was, "Oh, not at all, in fact we all got a big laugh out of it." She was demeaning through the entire office visit. I never, in my 53 years, had a doctor treat me like this. She was insulting and disrespectful. She just couldn't handle that she had not been fully accurate in her assessment of me. Needless to say, after my insurance company had to pay for two overnight sleep studies, I will never, ever see this doctor again. What a waste!