Dr. Madeline Deutsch MD Patient Reviews

• Emergency Medicine San Francisco, CA

2.3

March 18th, 2016
Doctor Deutsch was my physician for six years. During that period of time she took excellent care of me. As an airplane pilot my situation required letters for the Federal Aviation Administration, she always came through in a timely and efficient fashion. Dr. Deutsch paid close attention to my blood work and had me tested for any suspicious numbers. She made positive recommendations regarding my self care. All in all an excellent doctor.

November 7th, 2014
So horrible, she should be finger printed to be sure she is a real doctor
A real bully who cannot sit still through a consultation exam. Cannot multi-task and is extremely rude. I reported her to UCSF and told them they should at least drug test her. She is ONLY interested in developing a national reputation for treating transgender patients and she is failing miserably at that. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE HER. The only ones who do are the un-informed who are referred to her. Deserves a quit boot out of UCSF and lets see if she can make it in private practice (not a chance). Fee splits with doctors outside of UCSF who she refers her patients to.

August 23rd, 2013
Great doc
Great doctor. Way different experience than the others had.

July 30th, 2013
Best. Doctor. Ever.
I have no idea who wrote these other reviews but I bet it was all the same person because Dr. Maddie is, hands down, the best doctor I've ever seen and all my friends see her now too and they all love her also so I don't know what the deal is with these other reviews. I had been getting T from my doctor and he was ok but I never felt like he really knew anything about trans health-- Dr. Maddie is a WORLD EXPERT, She's published all this stuff and she changed my dose and I feel so much better now. She also does all of this other cool alternative medicine stuff and I had high cholesterol but she gave me some eating tips and it lowered my cholesterol and i've been off those meds for a year now. She's the best.

October 21st, 2012
BAD UNEXPERIENCE ER PHYSICIAN
i was seen at st mary's hospital two weeks ago and she was the ER attending on at the time. i have never seen such a bad er doctor in my life. re ...

July 23rd, 2012
FtM stay away
Extremely unprofessional! Bedside manner is cold. Maybe her time in SF has lead her to believe that every patient is a lying, conniving, pill seeker, but when she is in SoCal at the L.A. GLBT Center maybe she should readjust her attitude. If you are FtM...please read all of the reviews before seeing this "doctor". Make informed decisions and know there are better doctors out there, this person is NOT your only choice!

April 12th, 2012
She's full of herself, unorganized, and doesn't have any lacks the ability to be emotional and sensitive.

March 27th, 2012
She's not very professional, and she doesn't care about her patients.
I don't recommend her, the overall experience has been horrible. Everything about her is a dislike, she's not really friendly, she doesn't care about any specific patients, she speaks to them very unprofessionally. Do not seek care from her, because you will just be another number in her eyes.

September 3rd, 2011
Worst "doctor" ever
I can't honestly say one good thing about her. She accused me of being on drugs and didn't give me correct treatment. She said I did not look like someone who is in pain... That I would be screaming. I now know I have Lyme disease and in chronic pain all over(not sure if the ankles were related) But, I'm not hyper and screaming all day like she says I should be? I think she is blind for that and also that I could hardly walk and both of my ankles were swollen. She said they weren't even swollen. I still have the pictures. Clearly they were swollen. She took blood tests, found nothing wrong, and still didn't give me an x-ray! The staff was really bad as well. They wouldnt wait for me as I could clearly not walk well or at a normal speed. Oh and her shoes were even dirty. If your working in a hospital I think you should be clean. Or even in a doctors office for that matter. Maybe I'm wrong? I read on here she accused people of abusing drugs as well! She she not be able to practice. When you go to an ER you need to get treated properly. I had to pay a lot of money to be harassed by her with no help. Such a waste and struggle! I will never go back there.

March 24th, 2011
Dr. Maddie is absolutely THE WORST doctor I've ever met in my life. She has been treating my boyfriend for the past few years and regularly arrives late to her appointments, but then doesn't make up for the time when SHE is the one who came in late. She will walk in 15 minutes late, and then only give a patient 5 minutes of her time, when they should have had 20. She has gone as far to accuse him of abusing drugs because she doesn't take notes, and has no memory or connection with her patients. Mind you, she accused him of abusing the hormones that SHE prescribed for him. She does not listen - she walks out on patients when she doesn't feel like talking anymore. She is hostile and extremely cold. I've never met a more rude, disrespectful, self-righteous human in my life, let alone, a doctor. She has the worst bedside manner. I discourage ALL of you from seeing her, even if you feel like she is the only doctor for you. There are other doctors who can help!! She is AWFUL.

August 15th, 2009
beware
This doctor has been known to personally harras patients if they don't pay up her fees right away.