Dr. Madhu Gorla MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 5th, 2016
Excellent, caring, communicative physician
I would definitely recommend Dr. Gorla to anyone with eye problems. I sought his care on the recommendation of a good friend and also checked his credentials (which are substantial). His professionalism and calm assurance are bonuses!

July 21st, 2016
I have seen Dr. Gorla for 1. Regular eye checks; 2. Double vision; and 3. Torn Retnias. Dr. Gorla and Dr. Brown, his partner, are the TOP GUNS of ophthalmology. Period. You will be well satisfied. They know what the "H" they are doing - in spades.

April 22nd, 2016
An Artist and a Gentleman
I have had three surgical procedures on my eyes performed by three different doctors during the last two years. Only the last one, performed by Dr Gorla, left me with no pain after the anesthsia wore off and no complications. Gorla is the one I would recommend. The man is an artist at what he does and he is a gentleman.

February 29th, 2016
Excellent Ophthalmologist
I was lucky to find Dr. Gorla when I needed my cataract surgery. Although one can say that a cataract surgery is an easy, routine surgery, for me this was not an easy decision to make. It took me a whole year to find an ophthalmologist I could have confidence in. Dr Gorla was the third surgeon I visited before making my decision. This was the right decision and everything was perfect. Dr Gorla and his assistants and nurses at the Glenview Hospital took excellent care of me. I am very thankful to Dr Gorla and his staff who made this experience easy for me. Dr Gorla is not only an outstanding ophthalmologist, but also a very friendly, caring and kind person. I would always recommend him!

February 11th, 2016
The best eye doctor
Dr. Gorla is a top-quality ophthalmologist, very caring and going above and beyond the usual. When I had an eye issue last summer, I reached him in the evening, and he arranged to see me at 8 am the next morning (he would have seen me that night had I been in town).

January 12th, 2016
Dr. Gorla is outstanding. He takes the time to explain conditions and procedures thoroughly in understandable terms. Two successful cataract operations he as performed were perfect and effortless on my part. I recommend him highly.

January 12th, 2016
Excellent Doctor
Was referred to Dr. Gorla for what turned out to be Angle Closure Glaucoma. I am thrilled with the quality of service I've received and my vision and IOP are absolutely normal now. Dr. Gorla has continued with proper follow-up and I schedule appointments at regular intervals to make sure all is ok, which it is! Couldn't be happier.

September 1st, 2015
Dr. Gorla saved my eye
Dr. Gorla saved my eye.r. Gorla His knowledge and experience are outstanding

June 25th, 2015
Saved my vision
I almost lost the vision in my right eye, but thanks to Dr. Madu Gorla opening up his office for me on a Sunday, my vision is restored. This professional has a gift. He has gone above and beyond what is expected and saved my vision. Heartfelt thanks!

June 19th, 2015
Outstanding Surgeon/Eye Doctor
Dr. Gorla is outstanding ! He never rushes he patiently explains the care he is recommending and is always pleasant and upbeat. His high standards are reflected by his entire staff. I would not hesitate to recommend him for any eye problems including eye surgery !

February 11th, 2014
From start to finish
From first contact to exit, this is a bad experience. The front desk is either overworked or extremely rude. The wait time is typical but still very long. I am shocked at the ability to rush a patient when finally you arrive in the exam room, from nurses, doctors, assistants. It leaves you to believe it is the training here. Dr. Young, not impressive. Dr. Gorla, can't say he barely was in the room long enough to see me let alone detect what my issues were. Bad bedside manner as their immediate staff so again, leads you to believe it is in the training. I would keep looking if you can.