Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

750 W Olive Ave
Ste 106
Merced, CA 95348
209-384-3115
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  2nd visit worse than 1st  |  show details
by PE on Apr 8th, 2014

My appointment time was 1pm. I was taken into the surgical area. The first nurse couldn't find my veins so she made a mess of my hand which now is swollen and black and blue - a second nurse put a needle into my hand and inserted hooked me up to everything imaginable, including the saline drip - then left me alone for the next 2 plus hours until I had to call to let them know that blood was now coming out of the needle and into the saline tube. This was because my saline bag was now empty since I had been there for so long. After laying there for 3 hours listening to the nurses laughing and carrying on in the hallway like they were at a party and the doctor sticking his head into my room saying "almost ready", or "be there soon" - I had to pee so I called to have everything removed so I could go to the bathroom. During this time they tried to sedate me with some valium to relax me, but they had to do this twice since I was laying there for so long it kept wearing off. At 4:40....YES 4:40 - 3 hours and 40 minutes after my appointment time, the doctor came in and inserted me with anesthesia that burned my hand so badly I was in paid....so he then made the idiotic decision to not give me the second shot. I immediately went to sleep - by now it's 4:45 - and work up DURING THE PROCEDURE TO THE WORSE PAIN EVER!!!! I was moaning in pain and did not hear a doctor or nurse respond to me at all or even try to give me something to put me back to sleep. I may have dozed back to sleep once the procedure was complete but woke up at 5:15, which tells me that my procedure only took 30 minutes and most of that was while I was awake and in pain. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES unless you have 4 plus hours to lay on a hard table waiting for him to finally do his job.....and to be honest, I have not felt back to normal since this procedure 4 days ago.

|  bad experience  |  show details
by dc on Oct 9th, 2013

Admitted to room around 1 pm. Finally had colonoscopy at 4:30. By then I was very dehydrated and they couldn't find a vein to put the IV in. Doctor seems to set everyone's appt at 1, and then do his procedures like an assembly line. I was ready to go home by 3 but didn't want to have to go through the enema process again. The nurses told the doctor I wanted to leave and he came in and started yelling that he's a very good doctor. I said I couldn't disagree but I was starting to feel delirious and needed to eat. The black nurse who attended me was very nice and good but the girl who assisted the doctor was very rude and short with everyone. I just hope he didn't take his frustration out on me by pronouncing me healthy if I'm not. Time will tell.

|  Not good experience  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2012

office was unkept and seemed dirty. Appt was at 2pm ... procedure didn't happen until 7pm!!! Diabetic Type 2 ... needed food! Shouldn't of had to wait so long. Med Asst's rude and unprofessional. Over-sedated ... not able to function for 24 hours. NEVER would I recommend this doctor/practice!!!

|  show details
Mar 8th, 2011

Accurate diagnosis and took time to explai.

|  show details
by No name on Dec 30th, 2009

Very unprofessional. My Primary Care was appalled at the lack of information and protocol.