Dr. Madhu Kris MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

no change

October 26th, 2016
Waiting
I have no problem with either doctor or staff, but the wait time is ridiculous. The appointment was originally for 12. They called the day before and moved it to 1. It is now 3:30. No anesthesia yet. Just saline solution. This issue should be addressed!

August 10th, 2016
Great office! Doctors and staff rate excellent by me.
Always a great experience with Dr. Kris and his wife Dr. Tangella. Wish I could make them my regular general practitioners as I feel so at ease with them. They are both so nice, courteous and helpful. They listen and are always respectful of your feelings.

September 5th, 2015
Excellent Doctor and Head Nurse
I have been going to Dr. Kris for 28 years. After reading the reviews here, I'd like to submit my first public review of him. He's a fantastic doctor. When my husband went to another Gastro doctor locally, he had a horrible experience, so I encouraged him to go to Dr. Kris. We live over an hour away, but would not go to any other doctor for a colonoscopy. He EXTREMELY busy and always has been, but I have found him and now his wife, Dr. Tangella wonderful about answering questions. I suppose if you'd just met him, you might not take to him right away, but he knows his stuff, he puts silly worries to rest, yet has always listened to my concerns as a patient. I have never found his office and rooms dirty. It's an old building, they probably need more room, but the clutter is office clutter, the procedure rooms are clean. If you dislike a staff member, there are plenty more to like. As to Dr. and wearing foundation, he has a noncontagious skin condition and I have known lots of men and women who wear cover to improve their look for anything from acne to bad burns. I'm just glad it doesn't keep him from serving the community as one of the best doctors I have ever been to. And I think someone who has seen a doctor for almost 30 years opinion is one you might want to listen to. And yes, the wait has always been long, but he used to be one of the few GI's in town and sometimes urgent cases push us with routine followups back a little.

July 13th, 2015
Dr kris
DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS VERY RUDE UNPROFESSIONAL DR....HAS NO CARE FOR HIS PATIENTS AT ALL!!!!! HAS VERY POOR BEDSIDE MANNER ... HIS OFFICE IS VERY TRASHY ,UNORGANIZED AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF!!!! I'VE NEVER SEEN A DR MAN WHO WHERE'S SO MUCH FOUNDATION ON HIS FACE AND ITS ALL OVER HIS SHIRTS NECK LINE ....JUST DIRTY...OVERALL HE'S RUDE! !!!! DO NOT RECOMMEND! !!!!!

July 6th, 2015
Busy office but great people
You can tell when you walk in the office is very busy, but i was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who had a smile the whole time. The assistants were very helpful with my questions and concerns. Dr took time with me and i did not feel rushed out. a bit of a wait but worth it. Would definately recommend Dr. Kris

November 7th, 2014
AWFUL
i waited 1 hour in the waiting area.The nurses were very rude, not helpful at all This is probably the worst doctor with the worst service in merced .

April 8th, 2014
2nd visit worse than 1st
My appointment time was 1pm. I was taken into the surgical area. The first nurse couldn't find my veins so she made a mess of my hand which now is swollen and black and blue - a second nurse put a needle into my hand and inserted hooked me up to everything imaginable, including the saline drip - then left me alone for the next 2 plus hours until I had to call to let them know that blood was now coming out of the needle and into the saline tube. This was because my saline bag was now empty since I had been there for so long. After laying there for 3 hours listening to the nurses laughing and carrying on in the hallway like they were at a party and the doctor sticking his head into my room saying "almost ready", or "be there soon" - I had to pee so I called to have everything removed so I could go to the bathroom. During this time they tried to sedate me with some valium to relax me, but they had to do this twice since I was laying there for so long it kept wearing off. At 4:40....YES 4:40 - 3 hours and 40 minutes after my appointment time, the doctor came in and inserted me with anesthesia that burned my hand so badly I was in paid....so he then made the idiotic decision to not give me the second shot. I immediately went to sleep - by now it's 4:45 - and work up DURING THE PROCEDURE TO THE WORSE PAIN EVER!!!! I was moaning in pain and did not hear a doctor or nurse respond to me at all or even try to give me something to put me back to sleep. I may have dozed back to sleep once the procedure was complete but woke up at 5:15, which tells me that my procedure only took 30 minutes and most of that was while I was awake and in pain. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES unless you have 4 plus hours to lay on a hard table waiting for him to finally do his job.....and to be honest, I have not felt back to normal since this procedure 4 days ago.

October 9th, 2013
bad experience
Admitted to room around 1 pm. Finally had colonoscopy at 4:30. By then I was very dehydrated and they couldn't find a vein to put the IV in. Doctor seems to set everyone's appt at 1, and then do his procedures like an assembly line. I was ready to go home by 3 but didn't want to have to go through the enema process again. The nurses told the doctor I wanted to leave and he came in and started yelling that he's a very good doctor. I said I couldn't disagree but I was starting to feel delirious and needed to eat. The black nurse who attended me was very nice and good but the girl who assisted the doctor was very rude and short with everyone. I just hope he didn't take his frustration out on me by pronouncing me healthy if I'm not. Time will tell.

April 6th, 2012
Not good experience
office was unkept and seemed dirty. Appt was at 2pm ... procedure didn't happen until 7pm!!! Diabetic Type 2 ... needed food! Shouldn't of had to wait so long. Med Asst's rude and unprofessional. Over-sedated ... not able to function for 24 hours. NEVER would I recommend this doctor/practice!!!

March 8th, 2011
Accurate diagnosis and took time to explai.

December 30th, 2009
Very unprofessional. My Primary Care was appalled at the lack of information and protocol.