A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Madhura Tamhankar is Excellent. Dr. Tamhankar has been reviewed by 10 patients who have provided 7 comments. The rating is 3.5 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Madhura Tamhankar, MD, MBBS is board certified in Ophthalmology.
She has special expertise in 9 Areas, including Cataract, Cataract Surgery, and Diabetic Eye Disease Diabetic Retinopathy.6 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Tamhankar graduated from University Hospital, India. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Tamhankar has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Tamhankar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Madhura Tamhankar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile