Dr. Madhuri Chilakapati MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Houston, TX

3.8

September 30th, 2016
DO NOT GO TO THIS OPHTHALMOLOGIST
We were extremely disappointed with our appointment with MADHURI CHILAKAPATI. This was for a stye eye examination. I do not even want to call CHILAKAPATI a doctor. She is just a person with a bad attitude and very poor work ethics who happens to have a medical degree. She did not even examine the stye eye properly. Did not answer questions properly. Did not even pay attention or care about the appointment. So useless, and a waste of our time. On top of this she prescribes an expensive branded antibiotic eye drop. Every time I used this eye drop it was giving severe irritation and burning. When we called CHILAKAPATI, she advised us to stop using the antibiotic eye drops and use artificial tears instead. How is artificial tears an equivalent of an antibiotic eye drop and what about the money that i paid for the antibiotic eye drop, just a waste of our money. We paid $200 for this appointment, again such a waste of money.

January 14th, 2016
I have recommeded this doctor to many of my family and friends. She has such a warm and caring personality and always makes my child and me feel very comfortable. She spends a great deal of time with us at every visit and even calls us personally, to follow up and just to see how things are!

January 14th, 2016
Dr. Chilakapati has examined both of my children and my nephew. She is personable and knowledgable. Excellent at building repport with children. I would highly recommend her to my friends and family.

January 14th, 2016
Dr. Chilakapati and her staff recently took excellent care of my 13 year old daughter. She was kind and caring and made both myself and my daughter comfortable with the examination. When providing results and a plan, Dr. Chilakapati made sure to include my 13 year old in the conversation and made sure to address any of her questions. I would definitely recommend family and friends to Dr. Chilakapati's office. It is obvious she cares and that loves what she does.

January 14th, 2016
Dr Chilakapati knows her medicine. She is friendly, but straightforward in her discussion style and takes time to explain things in a thorough manner. Staff is curteous and prompt

April 20th, 2012
I brought my daughter in to remove a stye/cyst. Not sure why she did not recommend a cortizone injection first instead of surgery. She stated the incision would only leave a fine line much like a wrinkle due to age. Instead it left her with a small raised scar. After the follow-up visit, the doctor stated she did her part and now it's a cosmetic issue and referred me to a dermatologist. No professionalism.

March 1st, 2010
You are not feel welcomed at this office. And the nurse is not with kids, during our visitation, the nurse didn't say "please" once, all go with commands to my boy. Doctor don't even give you a chance to ask questions, she's eager to get rid of you.