Internist

Jul 15th, 2015

This is the worst physician I have ever seen. Avoid her at all costs!

Worst.Doctor.Ever show details Worst.Doctor.Ever
by A. Human Being on Jun 12th, 2015

Believe the negative reviews here. I know sometimes you only see reviews from unhappy patients, but in reality, at lot of patients simply don't know that these sites exist and many others who simply believe the negative reviews don't matter and won't help. They might be right, but I can tell you for a fact that Dr. Mallari and her staff are probably the worst group of medical practitioners that I've come across in my 47 years of life. I suffer from severe anxiety and I'm especially afraid of hospitals and certain medical testing. Admittedly, that makes me a bit of a challenging patient but I'm a nice person and I'm a human being and Dr. Mallari and her staff and the management at Honor Health didn't treat me like one. I went to see her only after speaking to her office manager and telling her about my problems with anxiety. I was assured the Dr. would make the extra effort to help me. She made no such effort. Not ever. I saw her primarily for severe stomach problems. I have several other health problems but none are seemingly urgent and just would need addressing over time after my stomach problems are better. Curiously, the Dr. Ignored me totally and sent me for a brain MRI. Yes, and brain MRI and neurology referral when I'm suffering most from stomach pain and don't eat much and have lost a massive amount of weight. I tried to get her and her staff to listen to me that my stomach needed to be looked at right away and I was ignored. The staff told me they would help me by contacting the imagining center for the MRI and let them know about my severe anxiety. They never did. They told me they knew I had a lot going on and would keep in touch, they never did. This past Sunday, the stomach pain got worse and I emailed the office manager to tell the doctor and see if, since I was going to the imaging place anyway, if they could please order some test for my stomach as well. They never replied. Even knowing I was in pain and it had gotten worse, even if they didn't want to order a test, you'd think they would at least contact me to check on me or to ask me to come in and be seen again. Nope. Nothing. I called the next day to get a call back from the doctor's medical assistant and she never called me back either. It's like they were making an effort to just ignore me. If they didn't want to help me, they never should have agreed to. But even a patient without severe anxiety would be in a lot of trouble counting on this Dr. and her staff. They don't care about people. I complained to a Noreen at Honor Health corporate and she pretty much ignored me and lied to be and I also spoke to a practice manager named Jennifer Boken who promised to help me and then proceeded to tell numerous lies to me and when I confronted her she basically told me I couldn't even get my test results unless I shut up, came back in and did exactly what she told me to do. I ended up in the hospital. Jennifer told me before I went to the ER that the Dr. called ahead to the hospital and made sure they knew to give me Valium to keep me relaxed. When I got there, surprise, the ER nurse told me the doctor had not contacted anyone. Would you put your health care in the hands of someone who would lie to you? When I brought this up, Jennifer told me she "confirmed" the Dr. did call. I spoke with the chief of the ER department today and she confirmed that the Dr. never called. So, they actually doubled down on the first lie. It's Friday and I'm still in pain and no one at the office even checked in with me knowing I was hurting and upset. They did call to tell me they could see me again in a week for a follow up. That would be 9 days AFTER the ER visit and the ER doctor told me he expected that I been seen in no more than 5 days and as soon as possible. I'm in pain and after all of this, they had the never to just tell me I could find another doctor and suffer on their terms. In conclusion, I counted on these people to help me and I was up front about my needs before I ever came in. I was nice and polite during my visit and after that, I was lied to, treated abusively and basically threatened by several members of the doctor's staff and, at no time, did the doctor ever call me herself. Not clear things up and not even to just ask how I was doing. Please don't let this happen to you. This is 3 negative written reviews out of 4 and that's something you should take seriously. I'm still in pain and praying I can make it until Monday to find a new doctor instead of having to go back to the ER again and this Doctor is back at her really big house right now swimming in her pool and won't spend one second thinking about my suffering and she's shown she will do almost anything other than apologize or take responsibility for her mistakes. She's a horrible person and not an honest Dr. And the staff and management only cares about protecting each other, they don't care about their patients.

Sep 14th, 2013

I personally feel like Dr. Mallari has very poor bedside manner. Her prescribing methods are from sound, my entire family has been to see her and she has prescribed them random medications that are unnecessary in my opinion. She also has made weight references about one family member to another (HIPPA VIOLATION AND RUDE).

Responsive, knowledgable, thorough show details Responsive, knowledgable, thorough
Jul 11th, 2013

Outstanding in every way & I would strongly recommend Mallari as a PCP. Her office & office staff always are responsive. They handle all of the minor requests (referrals, prescriptions) immediately & get right back to you. Always answer the phone promptly. Mallari focuses on prevention & wellness, stays up to date on new meds & procedures, has superior bedside manner. I am a PhD health professional & feel fortunate that I found her. Best PCP I have ever had.

Wrong Diagnosis and Meds, Stay Away. show details Wrong Diagnosis and Meds, Stay Away.
Feb 13th, 2012

I've seen this doctor 3 times, all within the last 3 months. She prescribed me diabetes medicines but I found out from another doctor that based on my numbers I don't have diabetes. Further, even if I did have diabetes, she should not have started me on a different medicine, not glyburide.Today, because I have been supersick and didn't want the hassle of a new doctor, I saw her. After waiting 50 minutes, she did a quick check and said I had strep. She said I would need antibiotics. I asked, "A Z-pac again, because I'm breast feeding?" (She had prescribed me that before for an ear infection.) "No, a Z-Pac won't work because it's not strong enough," she said. I told her I was still breastfeeding and she said, "Maybe you need to stop breastfeeding now since you're going to be on antibiotics for 10 days." (In other words, she would not even give me a choice of a breastfeeding safe medicine)Mallari spent a total of about 3 minutes with me, then opened the door and started backing out (I was still talking and there were people outside). Then when I left the room too, she rudely told me to go back inside and wait to be called (which had never happened before).I told Mallari I was not happy with the service today because I had waited and she had not spent any time with me and Mallari said, "I'm sorry you feel that way. You don't have to come back here again."I will not, and neither should you go to this doctor who does not care for her patients and provides bad service. P.S. Mallari's office had called in my prescription, and I told the pharmacist that I was breastfeeding and she said the medicine was unsafe! The pharmacist waited 30 minutes on hold, then Mallari refused to talk to her but changed the prescription to a Z-Pac! (After Mallari told me directly that it would not be effective!)