Internist

3.0

by Sherri Osborne on Jun 1st, 2016

When I first started going to Dr. Fischer I thought she was a good doctor but the last few visits to her, she appeared rushed, vague, and her bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. I recommended her to 3 of my fellow work employees and they've had the same impression that "something must have changed with Dr. Fischer". Rather than go through the hassle of having my medical records transferred somewhere else, I would like to be set up with another doctor within the practice. For that reason, I haven't made another appointment with Dr. Fischer.

Unimpressed show details Unimpressed
Dec 2nd, 2014

Had regular doc. at Int. Med.Gp. for 15 years. Retiring and deosnt do rounds at hosp. anymore. They sent Fischer. She wanted nothing to do with me because of a high risk condition. Attending GI tried to explain to her that there is always some risk with my condition. She practices medicine from the book of how not to get sued. She blackballed me from IMG said I was non compliant. I refused a treatment that neither I nor the attending GI thought I needed. The University of Tartu may be a fine medical school but I prefer my doctors with a degree from a US university. Run away fast !

Nov 12th, 2012

She has been my Dr for almost 20 years. she is very professional and seems to take a personal interest in my well being.

Dec 19th, 2011

I was looking for an internal medicine physician to take care of all my medical needs. Dr. Mae Fischer was referred to me through my Hematologist/Oncologist for my overall general care. After the first visit, I made my husband an appointment with her and we've been very satisfied. She isn't afraid to refer you out to a specialist if you need to see one, the staff and her will give you the info you must have for your insurance pre-authorizations. I have been going there at the Internal Medicine Group for greater than two years and have yet to wait more than 15-20 after signing in to get called back to the room where her staff takes the vitals in prep for the doctor to come in. I do highly recommend Dr. Mae Fischer to anyone. No doubt about it.

Jun 30th, 2011

I first went to see Dr. Fischer on the recommendation of another physician in Paducah. He indicated she was terrific and I concur. Not only does she take time to really listen to me, but she talks with me about my health concerns - discusses the pros and cons of various options, explains her reasons for selecting one option over the others, etc... In short, she treats me with a great deal of respect and as a partner in my own health care. Wow, what a concept!!

Finally, a compassionate Physician! show details Finally, a compassionate Physician!
by Chuck Thompson on Sep 26th, 2008

Dr. Fischer has a different way of doing her business... she actually cares for her patients! I have never had a problem understanding her explanations, or have never felt like she was trying to hurry through the visits. She was schooled in Eastern Europe, where socialized medicine has given the doctors a different outlook on healthcare access for all... THANKS DOCTOR FISCHER for being one of the good few doctors in this area!