Dr. Magdi Emara MD, MBBS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 7th, 2012
Wrong Diagnosis
I came to Dr. Emara with my infant son after having moved to Tampa Florida. He was having bug bite issues and when I tried to bring them to the attention of Dr. Emara he took one look at them at diagnosed my son with impetigo. And prescribed him Amoxicillin. I have gotten second opinions since then and not only does my son NOT have impetigo but Amoxicillin is not even the antibiotic that should be prescribed for it.This man was rude to me and didn't address my concerns. When I came back for a checkup he prescribed another antibiotic and recommend my son for XRAYS. He never checked my son out with the exception of listening to his chest OVER his sweater and looking in his ears. From just that he wanted me to get xrays for my son. He once again seemed irritated that I would question his diagnosis. I called my old pediatrician for my son and explained the situation he and another doctor agreed that Dr. Emara was wrong. I will NEVER go back here again.Not to mention the office is dirty, there are no outlet covers and the table in the room we were in was unplugged and the plug was left out in the middle of the floor. I pushed the table up against the wall to keep my son from walking behind it. Underneath the table it was filthy.

May 22nd, 2012
The building is really crappy. Inside is extremely dirty. During my visit i saw a dead cockroach. They dont clean the weigh machine. Or even lay a sheet down so i can place my daughter on. Everything is messy. I for one think they need a visit from the health inspector

March 22nd, 2012
Okay.
Easy to get appointments soon, staff is okay, the building is crappy, I'm guessing its because he accepts medicaid and doesnt get paid that much. He is thoughough when he finds something but I feel like he is walking out the door when I try to tell him something. The wait isnt that long either.

May 26th, 2017