Dr. Magdy Elsakr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 22nd, 2016
Very satisfied
Staff was very pleasant. Nurse was professional and knowledgeable. Doctor did my screening colonoscopy. It was a breeze. Good overall experience. I would recommend to my family and friends.

December 9th, 2015
Worst Patient Care Ever
You do not see the doctor except in the procedure arena. Otherwise, you see the Physician's Assistant. Even when the procedure goes a wry, the doctor refuses to see his patient. This has been my consistent experience for the 12 years I have been ill. Call me a slow learner, but enough is finally enough!

April 15th, 2015
Professional female
Only saw Dr. before my endoscopy, never again. PA gave results, she seemed bored and rushed. THEY NEVER RESPONDED TO MY MAIL ORDER PRESCRIPTION INSURANCE after 4 follow up calls from me. I was not able to refill my RX after 1.5 months trying. Had to take time off work to see another Dr. to fill RX. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Never again!

March 18th, 2015
Great Doctor
After being misdiagnosed by another gastroenterologist, I came to see Dr. Elsakr. He immediately put me at ease. He was very patient answering all my questions and thoroughly explained the course of treatment. Very pleased.

June 21st, 2013
Excellent Doctor
Althought it wasn't easy to get in to see the doctor, it was well worth the wait. Dr. Elsakr was very thorough, very knowledgeable, and was able to take care of my health issues. I would highly recommend him.

March 12th, 2013
unhappy customer
Not only did I have to wait months to get an appointment but I had to wait almost 2 hours to be taken back into a room. I understand when doctors get behind, but never this long. Once roomed, I waited for another 45 mins. Dr was not on time. I came back for a follow up and the same happened. The staff was friendly. The scheduler was a bit rude and texted on her phone in front of me. Never returning.

November 7th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
After going to another gastro specialist in town who failed to diagnose me, I went to Dr. Elsakr and felt an immediate sense of relief that someone understood my condition. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. His staff was very pleasant. I would highly recommend.

April 25th, 2012
Horrible...
I would definitely not recommend him. There are much better choices regarding GI specialists available in this area.

March 29th, 2012
Find a different Doctor

January 18th, 2012
Absolutely Wonderful !!!
Dr. Elsakr and his staff are top notch. He's very caring and knowledgeable and made me feel at ease right from the start. He was able to diagnose my symptoms and provide advice and medication that relieved me almost immediately. I highly recommend him.

March 24th, 2011
MISDIAGNOSIS!!!
Totally misdiagnosed me. Added SO much time to my pain! Had a dying organ - told it was 'normal'. I advise anyone seeing this doctor to GET A SECOND OPINION!!!

November 5th, 2009
One of the good ones
Dr. Elsakr took really good care of me when I had to see him for a post-gastric bypass stricture. He has a great bedside manner (and even took it well when I socked him in the stomach while under anesthesia!) I don't make a habit of recommending doctors most of the time, but this is one I'd definitely suggest you check out when looking for a GI doc.