Dr. Magdy Mettias Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Magdy Mettias?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Magdy Mettias?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 12th, 2016

AMAZING!!

February 18th, 2016

Stay Away from this Doctor - Dr. Mettias Magdy in Waipahu

He is just interested in billing you for your visit. Shows no interest in your well-being. I agree with all the one star review above, they are accurate from my experience with this doctor. I moved to a new location and wanted a primary care doctor closer to home and I picked this doctor. What a big mistake! First visit was 5 Min tops, he cut me short as I was telling him the medications I am taking. He recommended a blood test and xray and asked me to see him when it was done. So I did see him again when the test and xray results was out. He had the test results in his hand and declared the there are no major issues with the test results and xray. No explanation at all on any of the results until I asked him to explain what the results mean coz I am feeling at the time that he wants me out of the office asap. So I delayed my exit by asking him more questions and he looked irritated. I finally asked for refills of my prescriptions which I gave him on my first visit and found that he didn't take notes of the medications. So again, i gave him a list of my daily prescriptions for hypertension, medications for occasional gout and he said he was going to call in to the pharmacy of my choice. Got all the medications except for one the Voltaren Gel a topical med that I need so I don't have to take the Nsaid meds for gout which messes up my stomach. The pharmacy informed me that the Doctor needs to authorize the medication before the insurance can cover it. So I called the insurance to validate and they told me the same thing that the Dr. needs to authorize it. So I called the the doctors office and asked them that the doctor needs to authorize the prescribed med for insurance to cover it. Had several calls from the doctors office about it and finally they said that I need to come in and discuss it with the doctor. So I objected and told the staff that I don't need to come in just to discuss an already prescribed med. It's so obvious that the doctor wants me to see the so he can bill me for the visit that I didn't really have to. This a big red flag for me and I am going to look for another primary care physician and I am seriously considering filing a complaint with the Hawaii medical board to stop this crook doctor.

December 11th, 2015

Outstanding Doctor!!

Dr. Mettias is a rare doctor who genuinely cares about me and my family as well as my physical condition. His staff is very friendly and efficient. He is a one of a kind doctor who goes beyond the minimum to ensure my well-being.

January 6th, 2014

I like that I can walk in anytime and they are able to see me and give me something to help ease my symptoms. He does see alot of patience dueing the day and whims by it quickly. if you need symptoms and medication refills to ease quickly he will be the man to go to!

May 12th, 2010

Dr. Mettias and staff are the best! Dr. Mettias encourages me, and cares for me. The staff are also great, always smiling and ready to help. Overall, he is the best!

December 23rd, 2009

Don Casing

Dr Mettias is a very pleasant, caring, upbeat Doctor. Always has takes the time to consider/discuss about my health issues and that of my Son. His care is outstanding. Very nice staff as well!

March 5th, 2016