Dr. Magdy Nawar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 8th, 2016
Exceptional care from Dr. Nawar. The Best Nephrologist in Southern California.

April 12th, 2016
Awesome and kind doctor...he's one of the best!!

January 13th, 2016
He's kept me alive for 10 years :)

May 6th, 2015
Dr. Nawar is excellent in regards to diagnosis and adjusting my hypertension. Recommend!

March 11th, 2015
I came to Dr Nawar with multiple problems with my kidney and had borderline hypertension but Dr. Nawar adjusted my medications and had me back in good health in no time. Nice office and nice staff. A+

October 8th, 2014
Excellent
Dr. Nawar is one of my favorite doctors of all time. Very friendly and to the point. He knows how to diagnose things well and gives the proper medication. Highly recommend!! Look no further!

September 10th, 2014
Original Medical File issue
I received extremely poor care from this doctor and his staff. I made them aware of how I felt; in writing. I fired this office and asked for my medical original file to be either in my possession only or to transfer to my new doctor. They will not release the original at all. Now, my question to all - why should a doctor & staff I no longer want in my life nor respect have the right to own my original file FOREVER. The only reason I can think of; is that must be money in their pockets somehow. Afterall, money does not talk, it screams. It's all about the money. My wish is for them one day to receive the type of care they dished out to me.

November 20th, 2013
My Experience
I was shocked to receive extremely poor care form Dr. Nawar and his nurse. I know now that just because someone has a medical degree does not mean that are good in the field. This doctor does not think outside the box. I could of died if I continued to be in his care. And, his nurse; Do you even have and education or did he pick you up from the streets? I finally found a fantastic doctor, who did not put a bandage on my issue; but actually got to the root cause. I'm back to normal; no thanks to Dr. Nawar and his staff. My suggestion to all; be your own doctor. If you don't feel right about a Doctors' advice, take the time and keep searching until you feel comfortable. Doctors' are just people and studied and took exams. Anyone can do that. This staff did not care for my well being and checked out at 5pm. After 5pm, you did not exist. They looked as if I was bothering them. This is their business, if they can't commit; find another business.

June 12th, 2012
Excellent doctor
Was referred to him by a great doctorDr Nawar very professional, i had high blood pressure and kidney problems for awhile I'm 52 feel like 35 again hope to be around another 40 would recommend !

April 27th, 2010
mcn1234
Has awful bedside manner. Will never set foot in this office ever again. I have had six appointments and in the beginning he was very nice and interested in my problems. I went to the office yesterday reporting a problem, not only did he never address the problem that I had, but when I did, he blew it off saying that I was fine. I have gained 6 pounds in 10 months and he said I really need to watch my weight and not eat carbs, only proteins. Proteins are bad for kidneys. Currently finding a new nephrologist.