Dr. Maged Mina Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Maged Mina?

May 23rd, 2017

The staff is rude

The staff for insurance was very rude, lied when confronted with facts regarding TRI Care. When I asked to speak to a manager the staff member said that they where the manager, when I asked for the email they said that they could not provide that info. I wanted to not believe the other negative reviews but they are true.

July 21st, 2016

Customer service

I saw Dr. Mina today for the last time and I am Still simmering. I have wasted the last 2 months spending time and money for nothing. Had a hip replacement and my lower back was in chronic pain. My job requires me to stand so my dr. referred me to Dr Mina. 1st was upbeat and was told of plans to fix the problem. Each visit after got colder and colder including his nurse. She became snippy with me and left the rm. When Dr Mina came in he told me there was nothing he can do for me and suggested another dr. lovated on the top floor and gave me a prescription for a cream. I have severe arthritis in my lower back and feel this dr. took advantage of my insurance I had an MRI done recently and blood work. All his orders. And if you try to call his office his staff will not answer. They call you back on THEIR terms and may I add they are NOT polite. This is the only dr. office where I experienced this behavior and he may be a great anastheliogist but doesnt seem to know much about back pain. He seems to shy away from it. I will not go back there again. Its a waste of time and money

April 22nd, 2016

Ms

Dr. Mina became overwhelmed after I had side affects to 3 Rx' s he prescribed. He said he wanted me to have a 2nd opinion with UT pain clinic. After days of leaving messages (nobody on his staff answers their phones or returns your phone calls) I was finally called back by someone on his STAFF who informed me that Dr. Nina said I was not his responsibility or patient any longer. I wanted to have my infusion at N. Central Baptist where I have my IVIG infusion and Dr. Mina refused to send orders to N. Central Baptist because he wanted me to have it done at the UT clinic and that would have been extremely more expensive for me. I should also mention that Dr. Mina is an Adjunct Asst Prof with UTHCA-SA.

March 5th, 2016

Great epidurals before labor & c-section

Dr. Mina did the epidural before both of my deliveries. He did a fantastic job! I thought his bedside manner was wonderful. He was super fast in getting the epidural placed and eased my anxiety very well. I highly recommend him!

November 12th, 2015

Dr. Mina is personable, knowledgeable, and provides quality care; however his staff has recently become hostile and unfriendly. If a question arises they are defensive and unhelpful. As well, they are disorganized and keep poor records of personal information, such as phone number to call for appointment reminders, required testing needs, and appointment requirements of the patient. People who suffer from chord pain don't deserve this kind of treatment.

November 10th, 2015

Don't waste your time at this Dr!!

Office staff is very unprofessional. You can't call and schedule appointments without having to leave a message. They don't protect patient privacy, they all talk openly in the very open office area. Dr. Mina will send his wife to see you if he isn't there. The office staff will not inform you of this. If you need something urgently, it could take a week to complete, since they don't have time to help you.

September 16th, 2015

Bait and switch

When I asked how much this was going to cost me, the receptionist told me $300, which I believed was a little expensive but I was hoping for some pain relief. Then, I found it curious that a couple days prior to my scheduled procedure, I received at least four calls from different people on Dr. Mina's staff asking me for advance payment. I told them I would pay the day I got my procedure. Upon arriving at the medical facility the day of my procedure, I paid the $300. Two weeks later, I had a follow up appointment with Dr. Mina and the receptionist said I owed $300. I told them I already paid. She said what I paid was the $300 "facility" fee and that I owed Dr. Mina another $300 plus $50 for the follow up visit co-pay. Since the procedure did not relieve my pain, I canceled the appointment and told them to bill me. In my view -- if they aren't simply scamming patients to get paid twice for the same procedure -- then they are at least clearly mis-representing the total cost of the procedure. I'll never go back. He didn't relieve my pain... and if I would have known the total cost was going to be so much I would never have agreed to the procedure. Especially since I'm no better off except for being lighter in the wallet.

September 3rd, 2015

Runs hot and cold

People are right that the office staff does not know what they are doing. Nurse can be a real *&^%$ and does have an attitude. The first time I saw Dr Mina he was very nice. the second time his nurse did not like some of my answers so when he came in he was kind of a jerk. I have a pinched nerve and he is treating it with meds. I told him they were not working so his answer was to up the dosage. They still are not working so it should be interesting when I go back in a few weeks. I have very mixed feeling about this doctor and his office.

September 2nd, 2015

Danger..Run Away Fast

Ignorant and very rude staff, especially assistants. Dr. doesn't care about patients. Very dangerous medical practices. A lawsuit waiting to happen. Don't let this office staff or dr near you. Assistant told lie after lie, was incompetent, rude, vindictive. Dr would never return calls. Obviously doesn't care about oath "First do no harm".

March 21st, 2014

Dr.Mina needs to hear what you are saying, not just told you how you are feeling. he needs to not judge you. and his staff needs to learn how to speak English...I disliked this doctor and staff from the start.

November 10th, 2012

Insulting, disrespectful, & shouldn't be a doctor

I was referred to Dr. Mina by the surgeon who did my surgery. Dr. Mina did not seem to want to help me. He barely looked at my reports that I brought, and barely examined me. He told me "Well, you had the surgery to fix it, so why are you in so much pain?" I was thinking, why do you think I am here?! He offered no solutions for my intense disabling pain except for an expensive treatment that I knew my insurance doesn't cover. He acted cold, indifferent and like he didn't want to bother w/my case. I barely got to explain all my symptoms. I am in disabling pain and have been for 2 yrs. By that time, I was frustrated and told him no one has been able to diagnose the problem and find solution. Tears came to my eyes and I was upset. He basically threw his hands up, said I was insulting him and walked out on me!! I have NEVER had a dr. do this, or have heard of a dr. walking out on a patient! Especially when someone is in distress. He wouldn't even prescribe pain meds!! He is no dr.; he is an animal. I spent $60 on cab fare and $30 for copay to be insulted and disrespected. Do NOT go to see him.

March 17th, 2012