Dr. Maggie Dinome MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

October 12th, 2016
breast surgeon
What I liked about Dr. Dinome was her ability to put me at ease during a stressful time, her professionalism and no visible scars!

September 12th, 2016
Looking for a breast surgeon, look no further. Highly recommend Dr DiNome!
Excellent Doctor, caring compassionate. Thanks Dr Dinome for your expertise in breast surgery.

July 5th, 2016
Excellent

November 16th, 2015
Laparoscopic hernia repair
She seemed... Pragmatic. No nonsense. Nice facility. Was kind after surgery. Didn't explain enough to me. She used mesh and I really wish she hadn't. After surgery, I had some problems with the mesh, but Dr. Dinome didn't seem curious. Didn't order any tests to take a look... She just felt it for a minute and shook her head like it was fine. It wasn't.

November 28th, 2013
Doctor DiNome performed breast cancer surgery for me in May 2012 ... given the shock of the diagnosis, I couldn't have had a more professional, compassionate doctor to patiently run through all my options. She was very thorough and explained everything in a way that I could understand and relate to. She fitted me in for a biopsy the same day as a suspicious lump was discovered, and scheduled my surgery within 2 weeks. I credit her completely for giving me a new life! After surgery I have been several times for follow-ups ... she is ever ready with a dazzling smile and a warm hug ... I have never felt like her patient ... she is like a friend I always look forward to seeing! Would recommend her without reservation for her professional credentials, bedside manner, and expert skill. Also her team at the Margie Peterson Breast Center at St. John's Health Center is top-notch.

August 24th, 2013
Fantastic doctor and surgeon
Dr. Di Nome was knowledgeable, efficient, compassionate and everything anyone could want in a doctor, and surgeon. Being a cancer survivor, I am anxious before I go to an appointment with her, but always feel reassured and educated after I leave. I would and have highly recommended her to friends.

August 21st, 2013
Dr. DiNome is kind, caring and compassionate. She takes her time, answers questions, is very thorough in her explanations and never causes one to feel that she is rushed. She is and excellent surgeon and I would highly recommend her.

June 18th, 2013
Maggie DiNome is a brilliant doctor!
Maggie DiNome is a true healer and physician. Gives you her complete attention and focus when with you, completely present and very clear with her advice and diagnosis. Superb and I recommend her whole heartedly!

June 18th, 2013
My experience with Maggie Dinome and colon cancer
I would just like to say that Maggie Dinome did a really good job with me. I had a cancerous tumor in my colon and on short notice she operated on me and so far I am doing just fine as far as the surgery is concerned. I am moving my bowels, I do not have a bag coming out of my side, and generally everything is back to normal, however there are some slight spasms after I eat but it is to be expected since the colon moves in digestion and there is less colon in my abdominal cavity. I was out of the hospital within a week and all the incisions have healed. She used a minimally invasive technique in the surgery which was successful. Her staff at Saint John's is very kind and loving and when I had to have a follow up surgery they were very flexible and obliging. They made me very comfortable for both surgeries, even the second when the omentum around the colon had to be removed because it did not have blood supply any longer. She was very kind, loving, and considerate of me and is still seeing me because the battle with the cancer is not over. She did recommend a great Oncologist and I am still working with both her and the Oncologist to end this cancer. She is still seeing me because I know she cares about me and my health as a good doctor should. I highly recommend her for colon tumor surgery (no easy feat) and for the follow up treatment. She is very intelligent and knowledgeable about cancer and you will be in good hands if you go to her and her staff. I am very thankful for her for helping save my life.

June 7th, 2013
Wonderful doctor!
I feel like I am in good hands with Dr.DiNome. She is easy to talk to, incredibly knowledgeable, responds to your questions very quickly and is a very caring and kind doctor. She recently performed a procedure on me and it could not have gone better. Her staff is fantastic and her work is excellent. I highly recommend her.

June 5th, 2013
A Dialogue, not a Pedagogue
This was a significant breast cancer follow-up anniversary, with a new doctor. I was frightened. I needn't have been. What a delightful, competent, innovative person!

June 4th, 2013
Treatment
Dr Dinome is an excellent physican and surgeon. She diagnosed me with Breast cancer at the age of 41. She called me at home as soon as she received the diagnostic results and thoroughly explained the diagnoses and treatment otions. She scheduled me for an appointment first thing the next morning and spent a great deal of time going over my options and making sure I understood what she was telling me. She was very supportive and comforting. She did an amazing job of performing my mastectomy, there was minimal scarring and the follow up treatment was excellent. I highly recommend Dr Dinome, she's amazing.