inactive

Maha Abboud Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

May 10th, 2016
Terrible
She is not clear about how you are supposed to follow up, whether its an appt, blood tests or ultrasounds...and then is defensive when you say you were uncertain whether you were supposed to follow up or not. They will tell you that they'll call you with results, which led me to believe that I didn't need an actual appt for follow up. So then when I did actually make an appt to see her, the doctor was very rude to me about not following up, but I thought I was just waiting on a phone call with results! This last visit was a terrible experience and I will never go back. It's unfortunate because in the past I'd thought she was quite nice, but she was so rude to me this time just because I had not followed up (but I didn't even know I needed to!). In hindsight, she doesn't explain well to the patient about what the diagnosis means, just like another reviewer had said. And if you want any additional information, you have to come in with tons of questions, because she won't explain it unless you ask everything. I think overall, you could find better healthcare elsewhere.

February 11th, 2016
Disappointed
Would not recommend

September 3rd, 2015
Dr.Abboud is a wonderful doctor with such positive outlook, always concerned and willing to address your concerns.

July 3rd, 2015
Amazing Doc!
Amazing and knows how to help. Under her guidance, I have reversed medical conditions that Ihad me on numerous meds for years! You must listen to and follow her advice.....she can't make you well if you are unwilling to comply with nutritional changes that are key to fixing root problem of medical conditions.

February 9th, 2015
It seems some of the staff have been replaced. Those remaining are still terrible.

April 28th, 2014
Staff was friendly but did not feel confident in Dr. diagnosis
I want to start by saying I am in my mid-thirties, have a healthy BMI and am not a couch potato. Dr. Washington and Abboud have been my first and only Endocrinologists since I was diagnosed with hypothyroid about 2.5 years ago. In the beginning I knew very little about the condition and was just happy to have a diagnosis and medication to help me start feeling like myself again. Visit after visit I felt like my concerns were not addressed and that medication was often prescribed without much thought even when I asked about alternatives (meeting with a nutritionist, diet changes, etc.) I felt like I often had to ask for more testing to be done or when something was said like "your thyroid is swollen" I had to then ask what it meant and if I needed to do anything about it with the typical answer being don't worry about it. My last visit I felt more like the Dr.s were salespeople for the laser hair removal that they offer in their office and less like doctors for those with often serious medical issues.

DDS
Great Doctor I can not recommend her enough.

Patient
I did not read any reviews before I saw Dr. Abboud. If I did I won't go, but I'm glad I didn't. From reading some reviews I noticed that some people relieve their anger by writting bad reviews, and I believe it's personal issues. She is straight to the point and she treats you as she is treating a family member, and I think that's why she seems very tough sometimes because she cares about her patients and wants best results from the treatment. She is very serious taking care of her patients, even though I found her really funny, but I was a good patient. Overall experience with her and her staff is excellent. Great results, highly recommended.

Best experience
It was great experience, everything was good, friendly physician and staff, clean office, and excellent location. Doctor spend enough time to explain everything and repeat instruction to take medications, refill was very easy, staff remind me about my coming appointment and it is very easy to be accommodated.

Great doc
She is a great doctor , very punctual treats her patients like a family

April 1st, 2013
Staff needs to go
Great doctor but staff is terrible. Takes forever to get copies of tests and when you do it's not what you requested. Everyone I know who is a patient here has the same complaint. Went to another of their offices and was given the incorrect address.

February 20th, 2013
I went to Dr. Abboud when my insurer would no longer cover visits to a previous endocrinologist that was monitoring a goiter on my thyroid. Without even looking at my previous file (or so it would seem), she recommended that I take drug that "could" reduce the size of a goiter I had on my thyroid. (When pushed she admitted that if this drug "worked," I would need to take it for the rest of my life to keep the goiter from growing.) The previous doctor had done a needle biopsy of the goiter which showed it to be non-malignant. When I asked if the drug (which the previous doctor had not recommended) was necessary, she became very defensive. When I then asked if we could wait and see if the goiter became bigger and if so, take the drug at that time, she said if the thyroid got bigger, we'd take it out. When I asked why we wouldn't biopsy the thyroid again if it became bigger, she said that biopsies aren't 100%. (But if so, why would anyone biopsy.... ) I could go on, but I think this is enough. Horrible experience.