Dr. Maha Abdel-Kader Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Maha Abdel-Kader?

Posted on December 6th, 2016

I saw Dr Abdel-Kader a while back and have been pretty satisfied with having her as my doctor. She is professional, knowledgeable and gentle in her approach. There were a couple of times when I needed to ask her questions over the phone about possible interactions of her prescription with other medication and she has always been very prompt with returning calls and providing the required information. She has also been gentle and empathetic yet firm and encouraging in discussing issues during office visits. The practice has therapists as well, whom I have not used - Dr. Kader was able to suggest a therapist closer to my home and save me the long ride. The ladies at the office have always been nice, professional and good about scheduling follow up visits as per my convenience. When inclement weather caused them to cancel one of my visits they were pretty good about accommodating me in the schedule within a day - perhaps this is something all doctors do, nevertheless I thought it pretty efficient. At the first visit and one time at a follow up visit (which is scheduled for 15mins) I sensed she was glancing at the clock, which is a bit disconcerting given that a patient in a psychiatrists office is in an emotionally vulnerable place to start with and would like to have the time he/she needs to explain their situation - especially in the first visit. Having said that though I also have to say that Dr. Abdel-Kader is very polite and nice and does not really hurry you up. I have always found her to be pleasant, professional, respectful and supportive. In all I am really glad to have found Dr. Abdel-Kader and am thankful she is my doctor.

Posted on December 19th, 2015

She saved my life with her caring and accurate treatment plan for me.

A doctor that feels and understands her patient

Posted on February 22nd, 2014

I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder 20 years ago, saw many psychiatrist and only stabilized when I started seeing Dr. Abdel-Kader 7 years ago. She carefully monitors my symptoms and adjusts my medication accordingly to prevent me from cycling. With her I feel heard and understood. By far she is the best Psychiatrist I've seen in the past 20 years. I highly recommend her.

Recommendation for Dr. Abdel-Kader

Posted on January 13th, 2014

Dr. Kader has been working with my husband as well as my college son since this past summer for their ADD. She has a wonderful bed-side manner and truly listens to what her patients are saying. She gives very good advice and recommendations on ways to overcome this medical condition. My son John was struggling with his grades due to the ADD and she has helped him greatly improve. Dr. Kader is very caring and always does a great job at returning phone calls within 24 hours. She makes it easy to get an appointment with her, even when calling the same day. I highly recommend her!!!

Poor billing staff/counselors AWFUL

Posted on August 6th, 2012

HIRE ONES WHO KNOWS HOW TO PROPERLY BILL DO NOT LET COUNSELOR BILL I have been a long time standing patient of Dr. Kader. I went to her Aug 09. paid my co pays as told. Two in half years later(now being with a new company since 1/10) was told I owe almost $700.00 in bills that my insurance did not pay from Aug 09 til Oct/09. I sent it through my previous insurance company who said they passed statues of 12 months on proper billing, and also never got proper authorization.They, my previous insurance company sent me a policy which clearly shows it is the Dr. office who sends in for Authorization. If I had known this three yrs prior I could of handled it then. Not working for the same organization for almost 3 years.I could of handled this almost three years prior.... I wanted them to take it to court. Each set of bills STACEY the counselor(not mine either) sen she added in writing more things. By the third set..she had changed dates of appointments billing codes and added things for example I boright to her att.. that I did not see a missed appt I have pd $100. for wow three yrs later and the third set of bills in a 6 mth period was now on it. I have EOBS never opened til this occurred. Not only did they not get proper auth but they had not billed or f/up with my previous since 7/10. then want me to pay for their mistakes in addition to my copay.. which they took NO PROBLEM for almost three yrs.. until the mistake was found now wanting me to pay. I did offer 1/4 to help because I do respect Dr. Kader. she agreed verbally then sends me a sue letter and to a collection agency.. I sent them all of the papers, ans showed where she changfed/added to and now will do the same in court.. Hope I get my day.. and hope they dont screw you too

Posted on March 23rd, 2010

Great bed side manners. Prompt follow up

Posted on April 5th, 2016