A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mahadevappa Hunasikatti:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mahadevappa Hunasikatti, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Bronchopneumonia (Aspiration Pneumonia)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Critical Care
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Lung Cancer
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Stomach Flu (Gastroenteritis)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hunasikatti graduated from Karnataka Institute Of Medical Sciences, Hubli.
Dr. Hunasikatti has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hunasikatti accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 21 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans