Dr. Mahan Chehrenama Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mahan Chehrenama?

October 29th, 2016

Dr. Chehrenama is amazing. She spends a lot of time listening and reviewing all records. She comes up with clear plans going forward for my chronic headaches.

January 16th, 2016

Superb doctor when I had what I thought and had been described and treatment as cluster migraines from another doctor about 7 years ago. When I saw Dr. Chehrenama, she diagnosed my problem as Occipital Neuralgia. Quickly treated with nerve shots at fixed. Sadly, in same situation as of 1/16/16 and I can't seem to find her again. Help!

November 5th, 2015

Amazing, thorough and incomparable specialist

I have been seeing Dr. Chehehrnama for over 6 years now. I suffer from a variety of issues stemming from Chiari Malformation. Dr. Chehrenama has helped me through some terrible times and was instrumental in determining my Chiari diagnosis. There truly is no one better or more caring. I have sent many people to her and no one has been disappointed. She is incredibly thoughtful and does not rush to conclusions. She will try harder than any other doctor I have ever been to, to actually HELP find answers and never gives up. I cannot say enough good things about her.

December 29th, 2014

Well worth the drive

I love visiting with Dr. Chehrenama and her nurse, Cheryl. It's always a pleasant experience and I feel like I'm being listened to throughout the visit. Dr. Chehrenama always has thoughts and ideas for my treatment and how to keep improving it. Because of her, I've been able to return to work part-time. I drive four hours to see her and it's well worth the trip. I highly recommend her to anyone with chronic migraines.

November 30th, 2012

Incomparable Physician; Superb Diagnostician

I have three autoimmune disorders; one of which results in gradual neuromuscular and neurological impairment that becomes accelerated and more severe with the passage of time. Diagnosis of the disease itself (rare in this country)is difficult, and despite having the disorder discovered at the Mayo Clinic and validated by two other specialists, I've seen numerous other physicians in the D.C. region who've been befuddled by the progression and unable to manage my care. The disease is incurable, but pain and inevitable debilitating deficits (a medical euphemism for disability) can be proactively managed. Pain is mitigated and disability slowed. Dr. Chehrenama actually LISTENS to her patients, gives them more time than either the health care system enables or most doctors allow, and is able to synthesize/integrate disparate symptoms and multiple diseases in a way that no other physician has done before. She has not really saved my life as much as she has extended it--both quantitatively and qualitatively. For this, I will be forever grateful and commend anyone to her who feels they have lost hope or will be forever circling the medical establishment in search of rational, reasonable, and humane treatment.

September 12th, 2012

Very Strange Woman

First I had to insist she do the test I requested because I knew I was right and she was wrong. After she finally did them & found I was right and not faking, she told me I was going to die from the problem. As she was telling me I was going to die, she was doing her best not to laugh. Even to the point of pinching her lips together with her fingers while trying to talk. It wasn't funny. It was sick and pathetic. I'm dying and she's laughing? Maybe that's why she specializes in headaches? Because her bedside manner is sick and she can't help herself from laughing at serious situations? After going home & making all my pre-death arrangements I realized she was nuts. I went to 2 other doctors. I am not dying. Instead I am taking a new Rx and I am much better. I would stay away from this woman. There is something wrong with her. She needs to work on cadavers and leave the living alone. She's dangerous and scary and has no business practicing medicine if she laughs at dying patients. Squeezing your lips or pinching them is just gross and she is sick, sick, sick.

August 21st, 2012

An Outstanding Physician and Headache Specialist

I cannot rate this headache specialist highly enough. She listens, diagnoses, and has excellent ideas for treatment. Her care has allowed me to have a fully functioning life despite the curse of migraines. I drive several hours to see her and highly recommend her to other sufferers.

July 26th, 2012

Excellent Doctor

I have recommended her to many people. She has been extraordinarily patient with my concerns; she accurately diagnosed my type of migraines and prescribed the correct medication. Her physician's assistant was available when the migraines were out of control for specialized treatments.

May 31st, 2012

Worst Doctor Ever!

Not only did this Doctor not listen to my concerns and spent the entire time talking "at" me and punching away on her laptop, but apparently lost years of work I had done with a previous Doctor at this location! Her bedside manners are less than desirable having made several derogative statements during our visit. She sent me off with a medication that I told her I had already tried and had adverse side effects- She didn't seem to have heard or even cared! This Dr. seems to have all the answer way before she's gather all the facts! Very unprofessional and would not recommend to ANYONE!! On a side note- the rest of the staff is very friendly and courteous.

May 10th, 2012

She asked a long, series of probing and varied questions and subsequently suggested what she thought the problem was. She then suggested a series of tests. After the tests, it was clear that her diagnosis was correct. She was able to help me immediately with what had become chronic, debilitating migraines. I had been to several other specialists before I found her. I think she is amazing.

August 17th, 2011

A Medical Cyrptologist

First, it's important to mention that after mistakenly being scheduled for a follow-up appointment as a first time patient, this remarkable doctor spent three times the alloted period in order to capture the essence of my current medical situation. And then she gave me an extensive physiological and neurological exam, despite being backed up in her daily program. After more than two decades of neurological difficulties and chronic/acute bone and arthritic pain accompanying three autoimmune disorders, I believed that there may be no physician out there who could patiently listen, comprehend, and compassionately evaluate and diagnose my complex etiology of illnesses. Her intelligence is off the charts and her humanity and grace comparable. She told me things in our first session together that had eluded so-called experts at the Mayo Clinic and other leading medical institutions in the U.S. While Dr. Chehrenama may not ultimately enable me to resolve all of my health issues, she will resolutely and comprehensively address every conceivable approach to treatment. This factor--eliminating much of the uncertainty and contradictory findings of the past--is in and of itself helpful. And hopeful. Which is all that I can ask for at this stage of my life. She reminds me of Dr. Abraham Verghese (Professor for the Theory and Practice of Medicine at Stanford University Medical School and best-selling author of "Cutting for Stone;" who recently told a national radio audience on patient advocacy rights that despite the wonders of technology (with i-Pads, i-Phones, etc.), there was no i-Patient. That every physician needed to spend time and listen to their patient and always remember the basics of medicine in their treatment--not simply resort to fancy diagnostics when a stethoscope and spending time "hearing" the client might reveal more.) Dr. Chehrenama is, quite frankly, exceptional!

July 29th, 2011

Literally saved my life with a quick diagnosis of a life-threatening condition requiring immediate surgery