Dr. Mahboob Alikhan MD Patient Reviews

January 13th, 2015
Extremely Awesome GI Doc
Although you may have to wait a while to see him, Dr. Alikhan is one of the best physicians this RN has ever encountered. He spends time with each patient and makes them feel like they are his most important patient. He is extremely knowledgeable and makes sure that his patients have all of the information they need BEFORE they leave his office.

October 21st, 2014
Impressed
I was impressed by Dr Alikhan's thoroughness. By the time I saw him he had read my history/file. He was completely attentive to my answers and discussion. He did not rush me through the time.

April 9th, 2014
ditto to previous review
I totally agree with previous review. He spends more time typing, with little help or explanation provided. If he does explain, it doesn't make sense. Went to him because I had been sick to stomach for over a month. His explanation was food poisoning... really? He then continued to complain about Obama care for 30 minutes... He's a nice person, but not very helpful at all.

January 9th, 2014
Bizarre and Unprofessional behavior by Dr. & staff
First appt with Dr. Alikhan should have tipped me off to bizarre attitude towards healthcare - Instead of spending too little time with me he took FOREVER. He gathered the information he felt he needed, and then typed it on his laptop for almost 10 minutes in complete silence right in front of me. Then he wanted to cover my entire medical history linking everything to what might be my reason for some rectal problems? I found it unlikely and overboard. My reason for seeing him was a f/u to a colonoscopy 3 years ago in another state..... Dr. Alikhan said it was imperative to get my past colonoscopy records to him before having another colonoscopy. So I took care of the ppwk to get this done a month before the procedure, and Dr. Alikhan's staff never retrieved the records (unbeknownst to me)! Day of the colonoscopy I am made to wait 4 1/2 hours in pre-op, as Dr. Alikhan chose to squeeze in an ICU patient that was SLEEPING, on top of his running over an hour behind schedule. Apparently there was no Dr. on call to take care of this patient, and Dr. Alikhan didn't see fit to call me that morning and tell me to come into surgery later as he ALREADY KNEW he would bump me up for this ICU patient, that I repeat, was knocked out on Dilaudid and sleeping (guess another 45 minute wait for MY scheduled appt was too much to ask of an already sleeping guy?) - I digress. The icing on the cake - when Dr. Alikhan came to apologize to myself and my husband - he didn't bother to introduce himself and didn't put down his pen to shake my husband's offered hand. Instead he started asking questions about my previous colonoscopy!! When asked if he ever got my records, he said he 'may have signed off on them in a' (and I quote) 'TRANCE LIKE STATE.' What Dr. says this??! Then, as per his bizarre behavior, he wrote notes and signed paperwork in front of my husband and I, in complete silence again, for over 8 minutes. We were angry and stunned. I checked those medical documents he was scribbling on, after the Dr. walked away. He wrote that I had a 'history of polyps'. Funny - How could he know that if he never saw my previous reports and our only encounter before this was verbal? He was literally taking my educated guess as fact, which I find to be reprehensible and dangerous in any medical profession. Needless to say, I went through with the colonoscopy (as the prep and wait time was not going to be repeated on my dime) but I will be getting my results from Dr. Alikhan and NEVER returning to his incompetent office and his freakish behavior! Addendum: In the pre-op after dealing with all this garbage, I called Alikhan's office to shame their lack of competence regarding those past records - and demand that they retrieve them, as they will be needed for comparison to the new procedure's results. The office manager assured me she would get right on it, and call me herself. Guess what? Never got a call.