Dr. Mahendra Patel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mahendra Patel?

Poisoned My Son

Posted on August 6th, 2017

Going to try to itemize a terrible year of care under Mahendra Patel. To be clear my son has a rare Hematolgy disorder and I we have no experience as an oncology patient. In short he failed to accurately diagnose my son's blood disorder. Refused to listen to my pleas to reach out to other doctors and specifically to a BMT team of doctors. Prescribed doses of medicine my son was unresponsive too and refused to see the awful side effects. My son is currently in a fight for his life because of the bow tie wearing ego maniac. Never trust a doctor that refused to get a second opinion and has to constantly recite his entire resume to convince you he is the best. Nobody knows it all. I think he has done some good stuff for a lot of kids. But the way his clinic is questionably run allows for kids like my son to fall through the cracks. Always trust your gut as a parent. If I could take it back and god knows I ask everyday. We would never have walked through those 5th floor doors with the rude receptionist.

AMAZING!!!!

Posted on October 6th, 2015

Dr. Patel is the most intelligent man I have ever met. He has an answer for every question even those outside his field. He makes a point to research any new information that he does not yet have knowledge about. He assures me that my symptoms are normal and comes up with a treatment plan.

A fraud

Posted on September 21st, 2015

Never, in my life, have I felt more confident and at ease with my son and the care that he was receiving. Dr. Patel put my mind at ease, cared for my son and spent a lot of time putting a smile on a very sick child's face. We spent tens of thousands of dollars out of pockets on treatments for our son. He was pumped full of medications for his immune system deficiency and even developed aseptic meningitis as a side effect to his IVIG treatments. He had us so scared that our child rarely did anything with friends, didn't swim, couldn't even go into and ER without feeling weird about being wished away to isolation. When Dr. Patel found out that we were moving out of state for my husband's job, his demeanor immediately changed. He went from a caring, loving, almost family member to a harsh man who was even refusing to release our child's medical records. We honestly had to hire a lawyer to get the medical records for our son. We saw some of the leading specialist in the country at National Jewish who told us that our child had been grossly mistreated. We went from holding this doctor on a pedestal to finding out that he caused our child to suffer years of unnecessary pain and suffering through medical treatments that he didn't need. Thank goodness he now sees some of the best doctors in the world, who constantly reassure us that our child is happy, healthy and well adjusted. I don't have experience with the cancer side of Mahendra Patel but if you are considering taking your child to him for immune system issues, I stress how imperative that it is for you to get a second and third opinion from immunologists before agreeing to his treatment plans.

Posted on August 10th, 2015

Wish I could give more than 5 stars.

Posted on July 10th, 2015

Dr Mahendra Patel is an excellent pediatric physician. Soft spoken, centered and gentle. He is amazing with our daughter in the way that her trust increases with each visit. As a concerned parent he is attentive and knowledgable. It is valued to know his excellence in patient care is recognized by his fellow associates.

Posted on May 26th, 2015

Intelligent and compassionate. He saved my son's life, and we are forever in his debt. Dr. Patel treats his patients as if they are the only one he has and goes above and beyond.

Posted on April 9th, 2015

Awesome Physician

Mom

Posted on June 2nd, 2013

I love him. He is amazing. I had moved to Kansas and did not trust any other doctor than him. We moved back to San Antonio, TX and went right back to him for follow ups. He saved my son's life and I am forever in his debt. He is the BEST choice for childrens' oncology and no other will suffice in my opinion.

Posted on September 1st, 2017