Dr. Mahendra Patel MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatric Hematology and Oncology San Antonio, TX

October 6th, 2015
AMAZING!!!!
Dr. Patel is the most intelligent man I have ever met. He has an answer for every question even those outside his field. He makes a point to research any new information that he does not yet have knowledge about. He assures me that my symptoms are normal and comes up with a treatment plan.

September 21st, 2015
A fraud
Never, in my life, have I felt more confident and at ease with my son and the care that he was receiving. Dr. Patel put my mind at ease, cared for my son and spent a lot of time putting a smile on a very sick child's face. We spent tens of thousands of dollars out of pockets on treatments for our son. He was pumped full of medications for his immune system deficiency and even developed aseptic meningitis as a side effect to his IVIG treatments. He had us so scared that our child rarely did anything with friends, didn't swim, couldn't even go into and ER without feeling weird about being wished away to isolation. When Dr. Patel found out that we were moving out of state for my husband's job, his demeanor immediately changed. He went from a caring, loving, almost family member to a harsh man who was even refusing to release our child's medical records. We honestly had to hire a lawyer to get the medical records for our son. We saw some of the leading specialist in the country at National Jewish who told us that our child had been grossly mistreated. We went from holding this doctor on a pedestal to finding out that he caused our child to suffer years of unnecessary pain and suffering through medical treatments that he didn't need. Thank goodness he now sees some of the best doctors in the world, who constantly reassure us that our child is happy, healthy and well adjusted. I don't have experience with the cancer side of Mahendra Patel but if you are considering taking your child to him for immune system issues, I stress how imperative that it is for you to get a second and third opinion from immunologists before agreeing to his treatment plans.

August 10th, 2015
Wish I could give more than 5 stars.

July 9th, 2015
Dr Mahendra Patel is an excellent pediatric physician. Soft spoken, centered and gentle. He is amazing with our daughter in the way that her trust increases with each visit. As a concerned parent he is attentive and knowledgable. It is valued to know his excellence in patient care is recognized by his fellow associates.

May 26th, 2015
Intelligent and compassionate. He saved my son's life, and we are forever in his debt. Dr. Patel treats his patients as if they are the only one he has and goes above and beyond.

April 8th, 2015
Awesome Physician

June 2nd, 2013
Mom
I love him. He is amazing. I had moved to Kansas and did not trust any other doctor than him. We moved back to San Antonio, TX and went right back to him for follow ups. He saved my son's life and I am forever in his debt. He is the BEST choice for childrens' oncology and no other will suffice in my opinion.