Dr. Mahendra Mahatma MD Patient Reviews

• 17 reviews

April 13th, 2016
Don't go to this Dr.
I was misdiagnosed by this doctor, even after my Colonoscopy. I think that sums it up!

January 6th, 2016
I was sent to Dr. Mahatma in 2003 for a problem with my liver. He ordered blood work. When I went back the lab had failed to run some of the test correctly. He asked that I go back and that the lab would be told that they were not to charge me. No charges. When my illness was determined he was Very caring and kind when he told me what was wrong. I have been back since and have zero complaints.

August 13th, 2015
DISREGARD FOR PATIENT NEEDS
I was referred to this doctor by my primary doctor and I continued a prolonged treatment (big mistake) with this doctor. I had to go into the emergency room nearly a dozen times for pain relief as he ignored my requests for some kind of pain relief. He visited me once in all of the times I was admitted. DO NOT entrust your well-being with this doctor. He seems to be in this profession for the money alone.

July 30th, 2015
poor customer service
This Dr.Is very caring but his office staff is horrible. If you are over 65 y be prepared for increased rudeness. I will never go there again. The business office staff needs to be fired because they rude and lazy.

April 13th, 2015
Don't put your money into Trash. Look for other Doctor's
If you have more money and want to put it in trash. please go this person, i dont want to mention him as doctor. He is earning money from us without single percent worth of it. I went for heartburn, he did blood test,sonogram, endoscopy unnecessarily and finally said nothing and continue with over the counter proton pump inhibitor. with 30 years of experience he learnt how to earn money . He has tie up with clinics , so he do unnecessary procedures just to take patients to Operation theatre. 100% waste.

April 8th, 2015
Worst Doctor
He doesn't even talk clearly. I waited for 2 hrs to see him. Finally he showed up just for a sake and asked about my profession. He didn't show any interest on my problem. Instead, he was just blabbering something. I would never ever recommend him to anybody.

November 19th, 2014
Spend time with me/ Promptness
I went to see Dr. Mahatma this week and wasn't too happy. I haven't seen him in over a year and felt rushed this last appointment. Over a year ago he was more patient and listened to my concerns. As I was trying to explain my symptoms he seemed rushed. I know it was late, but I sat and waited for 1 1/2 to be seen. Don't get me wrong he's a good doctor. He’s having me to go for testing, but he needs to be mindful of how his patients feel. As far as being prompt. I think since he does surgery in the mornings, they shouldn't over schedule him for appointments.

August 29th, 2014
I am very happy with Doctor Mahatma and his staff!!

February 12th, 2014
Wonderful, caring Doctor and great nurses......BUT, horrible front office staff!
Dr. Mahatma takes as much time as needed to fully understand symptoms and concerns and to answer all questions. He is very kind and caring as he attempts to do everything possible to help. He is very thorough by doing any tests/procedures necessary to diagnose issues and then to remedy them. I know many people who also use Dr. Mahatma because he is very good doctor and we all have confidence in him. I spend a minimum amount of time before before called from the waiting area and then before seeing the doctor. His nurses are all very kind and helpful, also. However, the front office staff is awful. They are very close to being rude when checking you in (because they're "busy"....who isn't???). Also, I've taken paperwork from other physicians or from labs, that he asked to be brought and put in my case folder, that never was put in my folder. If I was in charge of that office staff, they would all be replaced with competent, caring, attentive persons to deal with patients who already aren't feeling well when they arrive in Dr. Mahatma's office. I gave Courteous Staff 2 stars because the nursing staff is great, but the offcie staff is very bad.

January 22nd, 2014
New Dr. to me
I recently saw Dr. Mahatma because my Dr. I had been seeing for several years moved. Dr. Mahatma put me thru a series of test, since he had no information on my previous history. He is very thorough, very professional and I was impressed with his interest in my case and diagnosing my problem. I felt comfortable asking questions and he never rushed me thru my appointments. He also has done surgery on my Mother in the past and she is equally impressed with him. My time spent in the waiting room was minimal and when I called for appointment, I got in quickly. I highly recommend him.

May 31st, 2013
Retired
I have been a patient of Dr. Mahatma for years. After a recent colonoscopy, I am now is remission. Thanks to his care, I am doing very well. I highly recommend him to other patients.

November 20th, 2012
Horrible Office Staff ... utterly rude and insensible!!!
They think they can say anything to you and be as rude as possible in the name of being busy.These people shouldn't be allowed to be a part of hospitality related profession!!!