Gastroenterologist

6500 Sierra Dr
Ste 170
Irving, TX 75039
972-331-1590
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Wonderful, caring Doctor and great nurses......BUT, horrible front office staff!  |  show details
by Donna D. on Feb 12th, 2014

Dr. Mahatma takes as much time as needed to fully understand symptoms and concerns and to answer all questions. He is very kind and caring as he attempts to do everything possible to help. He is very thorough by doing any tests/procedures necessary to diagnose issues and then to remedy them. I know many people who also use Dr. Mahatma because he is very good doctor and we all have confidence in him. I spend a minimum amount of time before before called from the waiting area and then before seeing the doctor. His nurses are all very kind and helpful, also. However, the front office staff is awful. They are very close to being rude when checking you in (because they're "busy"....who isn't???). Also, I've taken paperwork from other physicians or from labs, that he asked to be brought and put in my case folder, that never was put in my folder. If I was in charge of that office staff, they would all be replaced with competent, caring, attentive persons to deal with patients who already aren't feeling well when they arrive in Dr. Mahatma's office. I gave Courteous Staff 2 stars because the nursing staff is great, but the offcie staff is very bad.

|  New Dr. to me  |  show details
by Donna McBride on Jan 22nd, 2014

I recently saw Dr. Mahatma because my Dr. I had been seeing for several years moved. Dr. Mahatma put me thru a series of test, since he had no information on my previous history. He is very thorough, very professional and I was impressed with his interest in my case and diagnosing my problem. I felt comfortable asking questions and he never rushed me thru my appointments. He also has done surgery on my Mother in the past and she is equally impressed with him. My time spent in the waiting room was minimal and when I called for appointment, I got in quickly. I highly recommend him.

|  billing issue.  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2013

when I visited this Dr, the receptionist made me to pay amount upfront and when I called the insurance company a week later I was told that my responsibilty was only 40% of the amount I paid. Its been almost 2 months and I keep on calling them for a refund and they say different answer every time.Insurance Company already paid the amount 2 months ago Pls call your insurance company before going to this DR. to check how much your responsibility would be.

|  Retired  |  show details
by Barbara B on May 31st, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Mahatma for years. After a recent colonoscopy, I am now is remission. Thanks to his care, I am doing very well. I highly recommend him to other patients.

|  Horrible Office Staff ... utterly rude and insensible!!!  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2012

They think they can say anything to you and be as rude as possible in the name of being busy.These people shouldn't be allowed to be a part of hospitality related profession!!!

|  Will not call back  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2012

Doctor will not call me back.

|  Come see your patient  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2012

Dr MahatmaShould come to the hospital to see his patients. My momCame to the emergency room and was enter into the Irving Hopital as she was told to by his nurse.I'm very disappointed in this Doctor. My mom has has no medicals or test today. So why is she even in the hospital?I do not recommend this doctor at all.

|  i cant believe he still has patients  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2012

This doctor is the most insensitive doctor I have ever dealt with. He was on a phone call while I sat in the room 45 minutes. The nurse had to remind him he had 8 awaiting patients. his front desk assistant covering for him telling patients he was doing procedures which was a total lie. He came in the room and never once looked me I'm the face. He he said my problem was that basically I am fat. I recently gave birth so of course this was hard to hear. He was just so rude

|  doctor should be glad he still has patients...  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2012

I went to this doctor because I was reffered by baylor. I have never felt as bad as I did after I saw this doctor. He told me what was wrong with me was basically because I was fat. Being a woman who just had a baby I felt horrible hearing that. I waited for him to leave and I started crying. There was a nice nurse who came over and hugged me. He was late to enter my room and never even made eye contact the whole visit. I have never been treated like this before by any doctor ever.

|  Like this Doctor!  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2011

Dr. Mahatma takes his time and makes certain you understand what he is telling you. He is professional and direct in his treatment.