Dr. Maher Abdulla MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 10th, 2017
Compassionate Care
Dr Abdulla is an excellent doctor. He honestly works to help the patient get better. His medical knowledge is astounding. Be prepared to wait between 1-2 hours even with an appointment. He doesn't rush his patients through. He spends the time he needs to with you.

March 10th, 2016
Not a friendly staff. Dr. Is the Best.
The Doctor is the very best. The staff not all are people friendly.

June 29th, 2015
Efficient, Detailed Oriented, Thorough Primary Care Doctor
If you want the diagnosis accurate, detailed...and a physician that obviously does research and/or keeps abreast of all the latest healthcare issues, Dr. Abdulla is that physician. Not only that, I've found that he is very in tune w/the cultural needs/differences in a patient's healthcare. If it were not for him, a very rare cancer would never have been diagnosed. He's done that for me and for other people I know and love. He's extremely thorough and very professional. I wouldn't choose another doctor and I'd wait 5 hours to see him if that's what it took.

June 10th, 2015
Highly recommend, very compassionate
The most compassionate doctor I've had the privet age of knowing. Dr. Abdullah has excellent bedside manner. And is always looking out for his patients best intrest. This doctor is among the best in the bussiness, and his highly recommended. I also like tye fact that he doesn't sugar coat any diagnosis/ prognosis.... he tells you like it is which is a rare quality 8n medicine theses days

June 5th, 2015
Great doctor - but...
Dr. Abdulla is a brilliant guy. He will remember every conversation that he has ever had with you. And if you think that prescription drugs are the answer to your problems, then he is your man. His office performs many tests in-house, and he will often recommend tests to help diagnose or confirm problems. In general, he is a good listener. However, if you have an unscheduled need to be seen he is less patient and accommodating - probably due to his already packed schedule. And speaking of patience, you will need plenty of it when you routinely wait for over an hour in his overcrowded waiting room, filled with cranky patients who have been waiting too long, many of whom are coughing, and sneezing and more than happy to share their viruses with you.

May 22nd, 2015
He is well Trained
I can remember when Dr.Abdulla was at the Medical Center in Macon Ga. as a student. He worked on my dads' health issues. I would have thought twenty years later I would met him as a patient with the same condition my dad had. He passed at 40 yrs and I met the Dr at 41ys old. also Dr. Thomas Terry and Dr Sugate in Macon Ga. That team of Doctors really saved my life. Thats 4yrs ago. THANK YOU ALL

April 15th, 2015
Fantastic Doctor and Person
I have been a patient of Dr Abdulla for several years. He is truly an exceptional, astute, and perceptive professional. On top of all his professional qualities he is extremely compassionate and personable.

April 15th, 2015
Excellent doctor!The best in town😊

January 28th, 2015
My rating of Doctor Abdulla
I don't write many reviews or anything such as this however, after reading some of these reviews, I must speak up. Sure, I've been on many hour waits at Doctor Abdulla's office which at times I understand. I'm usually pretty teed off when I do finally get in to see him after a lengthy wait. I just can't stay angry with the guy. You see, Dr. Abdulla saved my life BIG TIME!!! I had some problems with the way my heart was acting and did not think much about it.. It did make me breathe a little harder and I got tired a little more quick than I have in the past. I also had some more problems that I needed help with. I had come in as a new patient who was looking for a doctor to put my trust and life in his hands. I was alittle scared to trust a new doctor but with Dr. Abdulla's personality, he made me feel very assured of his abilities. Dr. Abdulla is a very strick doctor which is good for me. After I was refurred to a heart specialist, a series of events really saved my life! Yes, after reading some complaints about Dr. Abdulla, I for once had to speak up. What you have is a very good doctor who really cares about his patients!! I will promise you this, If you listen to Dr. Abdulla, you will feel better, start looking better, and you will live longer. Dr. Abdulla's staff has been nothing but kind and professional to me. I understand the long hours they work and I've heard how some of Dr. Abdulla's patients talk to the staff. Please remember to treat all people the way you like to be treated. I am also one who does not like the long waits but I did find out through my years as an adult that sometimes you have to wait for something that is good.. I promise you this, after looking at my medical history, He is very good. With Kind Regard, I'll be looking at you in the waiting room. A.E. Green Jr.

December 27th, 2011
Dr. Abdulla is a very kind and knowledgable doctor. However, his staff is unfriendly and often extremely rude. It is always at least a one hour wait. I have been a patient for more than ten years and have never waited less than an hour. I only go when absolutely necessary. After ten years of being a patient, dr. Abdulla diagnosed me with a terminal illness over the phone while I was at work. Although I like him personally, I felt this was very unprofessional.
Doctor's Response

The diagnosis was made in the first visit I saw the patient with the problem in the office . She was in denial big time ,and I understood that. I did more tests to rule out other less likely diagnoses.The Patient kept on calling requesting test results over the phone , because she could not come for a reason or another ,and I told her they were negative confirming the initial diagnosis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Does this sound like a diagnosis made over the phone. The patient is unfortunate and I wish the best of luck.

October 21st, 2016