Dr. Mahesh Shenai MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 4th, 2015
Saved my life!!
Dr. Shenai saved my life by finding a bone shard next to my spinal cord left there by another Dr. that did back surgery six weeks earlier. Dr. Shenai is an amazing Neurosurgeon, and I wouldn't see anyone else ever.

January 10th, 2015
Excellent doctor.
I fell and broke my neck at the C5-6 bones, leaving me nearly paralyzed from the arms on down. Fortunately, Dr.Shenai was on call. Soon, I was in the operating room where they put titanium rods and screws in place, re-aligning my neck. Soon thereafter, I began to regain my strength in my arms and legs. Today, I am fully back to normal! I am so grateful for Dr.Shenai, who treated me promptly and expertly. At each step he gave good explanations to me and my family. He kept expectations realistic, and I was thrilled to exceed it. An excellent doctor!

November 4th, 2014
The worst neurosurgeon we have ever dealt with. No bedside manner and would not talk about any options. Had his own opinion and did not even know the patient. Would never let him take care of my family.

December 6th, 2013
Exceeded all expectations
About two months ago, I fell three stories and I suffered an L3 burst fracture in my spine. I had never ever been in this type of situation before. Dr. Shenai was an absolute blessing. He included my family and I in all of the decisions regarding my condition and what he was going to do to get me back to my usual active self. He walked us through his thought process regarding the surgery and made sure that we understood everything that he was doing. He visited me everyday in the hospital (even on the weekends) and he made himself fully available to answer any questions that I had. His office was incredibly friendly and courteous during my follow up appointments. It was clear that his main focus was to get me back on my feet as soon as possible. Now, 8 weeks later, I am walking on my own, driving, and well into my rehabilitation process. I will always be forever grateful to Dr. Shenai for being a comforting presence in a very stressful situation. I can not thank him enough for every he did for me and I will recommend him to everyone that I know.

May 24th, 2013
Dr. Shenai was highly recommended to us by a friend at church, a nurse that had worked with many surgeons, and for this reason we requested him when our mother needed surgery. I wanted to write this note to share my gratefulness to Dr. Shenai. My mother had cancer and after he removed her tumor, she was able to speak to us again and come home. Before the surgery, Dr. Shenai spent a great deal of time explaining the risks of surgery, and helping us understand her condition. He treated our family as if it was his own. Throughout our hospital stay, he would visit our room just to check on us even late in the night after he had a busy day of operating. He always made us feel like we were the center of his world, even though he probably had many other patients to see. There is no question that we would recommend Dr. Shenai to anyone who wanted the most compassionate, excellent care. There aren't enough good people out there who do things for the right reasons, but Dr. Shenai is definitely one of them. Thank you, Dr. Shenai for all that you have done for us, for helping our mother, and for helping all the families who are lucky enough to have you as their physician.

February 24th, 2013
Bad Doctor
Doctor is one of the worst I have ever seen. I have sever nerve damage due to my nerves being cut off from a herniated disc with a broad annual tear. Well this Doctor has spent ever one of my visits on his cell phone only to tell me when he's finished his phone call that he needs to reschedule. This has happened every appointment I have had with him. I needed immediate surgery now he has left me sit here only to become permanently disabled. Had he treated me when I first saw him he could have prevented my disability.